- Text Size +
I felt her stirring as I played with her hair. I was so used to all that long golden hair tickling my skin when she made herself comfortable. I think it actually gave her a boost of confidence I hadn't seen in a long time. I mean what she did to Roxy. Maybe that separation was a good thing after all. I looked over at the clock. We had a few minutes before I had to get going to the set. I looked back and she was smiling up at me.

“Good morning.”

“The best in a long time.”

“So do you like it?”

“What?”

“My new style.”

“It's you Beautiful.” I didn't even hesitate. It was everything she was. Everything she'd been before our lives had become the mess they'd been. I didn't believe for a second that Roxy was gone but we were getting on with things. Hell, it was the first time in nearly two months that I hadn't seen that little skank's face when I was trying to be with Meg.

She leaned up and softly kissed me.”Do you have to go?”

“Uh I think they'd miss me.”

“ I wish you didn't have to go.”

“Why don't you come with me?”

“I would but I have a couple things I have to take care of.”

“Oh.”

“Hey. I'm just gonna stop by the office and take care of some paperwork. Maybe go to lunch with Sharon.”

I almost froze. I still hadn't told her about Sharon. Christ! She hadn't even been home twenty four hours. Like I was supposed to shove that on her after what Roxy just did? Not on your life but how could I be sure Sharon wouldn't say something? I couldn't be. I had to trust that she wouldn't.”I'm sure she'll be happy to see you babe.”

“I can't wait to see her. Do you still have my key?”

“You know I do. I'll get it for you before I leave but tell me what you did while you were gone.”I had to get things going another direction.

“I went to Kansas, stayed in my great grandma's house and worked.”

“Worked?”

“I got a job at a little diner in town. It's a small town where my parents grew up.”

“I see.”

“I know it sounds crazy but being there, doing that job, I got a new perspective on life.”

“What'd you come up with?”

“That it's too short and being away from is something I never want to do again.”

“Me neither. I'll put a leash on you if I have to.”

“Kinky.” She grinned.

“You don't think I would do you?”

“I know you would .”

I sighed. As much as I was enjoying this, I had to get ready to go.”Babe, I've gotta get going.”

“Okay.”

“Join me in a shower?”

“You'll never get out of here.”

“True. I love you.”

“Love you too.”She leaned up and kissed me before I let go of her and got ready.




MEG



Something was off. I couldn't pinpoint what it was that was bothering him but being as he had to get to the set, I didn't push that morning. After he and Lumpy were gone, I got up and had a cup of coffee. I was in no hurry to get there. I told them I would be in sometime that day but I knew I shouldn't wait too long. I looked at the clock on the wall and the time read 9:45. By the time I got ready and met with management, it would be close to lunch.

An hour an half later, I was in the office signing the last of the papers. They were so happy to have me back. I was happy to be back. I searched the office and found my best friend in the world, Sharon. I headed that direction and I saw the smile on her face but she wasn't jumping out of her chair and rushing toward me like you would think. She was happy to see me though.

“Oh my God! Meg! It's so good to see you. Sit down and tell me everything,”She greeted.

I took a seat near her desk and said,”First of all you tell me something.”

“What?”

“Is everything okay?”

“Sure. Why wouldn't it be?”

“Because you won't look me in the eye.”

“ You're being crazy.”

“Am I? I just got home and you're almost acting like you can't stand to see me.”

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.”

“Share. Tell me what's going on.” I wasn't sure but my gut told me I wasn't going to like her answer for as much as she was hesitating.

“Not here.”

“Come on Sharon. You know you can tell me anything.”

“I kissed Donnie.”