- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Last update for 2011. Enjoy!



I knew I wasn't going to like it. My best friend! How could she?! I didn't know who to be more upset with right now. Her for telling me or him for letting me walk into it. We never kept secrets from each other but I just had to keep pushing. Maybe I would have been better off not knowing.”Nice seeing you Share but I've gotta get going.”

“He didn't tell you.”

“What do you think?!”

“This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you here.”

“Like I would have taken it so much better anywhere else?!”

“Meg. Tone it down.”

“I'll tone it down when you tell me why in the hell you did it! No. Don't bother telling me why. I thought you were my best friend!”Shoving her chair out and storming down the walkway.

“Meg!”Sharon called after me but I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. I was way beyond the furious stage.
“Meg!” She called as I pushed the door open and out into the hall.

I got to the elevator and hit the down button and she'd caught up to me. Damned elevator.”Don't even try to explain it.”

“It's not like you were here Meg.”

“So you decided you needed to keep his lips warm.”

“You have no right to play the victim after what you did to him!”

“So did you fuck him too?!” Where the hell was the elevator?!

“You really think I did this because you were out of the picture don't you?”

“You had a thing for him way before I even knew he existed.”Even though I was the one that cheated, I felted cheated now. I may have been gone but I think deep down he knew I was coming back Maybe I just let myself believe it because I wasn't even sure.

“I had a thing for Jordan too but his eyes were always on you when they should have been on his girlfriend.”

“And that's my fault of course! I should have never left!” Thank God! The elevator was there. I got on as quickly as I could and as far away from Sharon as I could. I knew I shouldn't feel like the victim but I was this time. Maybe it was God's little way of teaching me a lesson but it still hurt. I think what hurt even more was that Donnie and I had made love the night before and not telling me what had happened.

I grabbed a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream on the way home and plopped down on the couch after I grabbed a spoon. I picked up the remote and turned the television on more for noise than anything and ate myself silly. I didn't care. My best friend had betrayed me. Broke the 'girl code' if you will. After realizing I'd hit the bottom of the barrel with the ice cream, I looked up at the time. Six twenty three. I pulled myself up off the couch and stumbled into the kitchen to see what else I could shove in my mouth. I know it's wrong to eat away your troubles but I was pissed. The two people in the world I trust the most had done me wrong.

I heard my cell phone go off and I was going to ignore it figuring it was Donnie on his dinner break but I headed back into the living room and looked at the number. Jon? How did he get my number? I hit accept and speaker.”Hey.”

“You're a hard one to track down you know.”

“How did you get my new number?”

“Sharon called.”

“Oh.” I walked back into the kitchen and started rummaging through the cabinets landing on some snack crackers. “So she figured you could talk some sense into me right?” I snipped.

“From the sounds of it you are being unreasonable about the whole thing. It was a kiss for crying out loud.”

“And that's supposed to make me feel better?”

“No but you shouldn't be so hypocritical either. Donnie stuck by you where a lot of other guys wouldn't have when you were going through that stuff with Roxy.”

“She's my best friend Jon.”

“Do you hear yourself Meg? It's like we're back in high school and she kissed the one guy you had the hots for. You forgave her for that.”

“That was a different time.”

“And it's so different now?”

“Because he's my boyfriend now. A man I can see spending the rest of my life with.”

“Then think about the forgiveness factor Meg.”

“I can't. It hurts too much.”

“I'm not saying that it doesn't. Just don't let it stew too long okay?”

I sighed. I knew he was right but I just couldn't up and forgive so easily. Donnie hadn't why should I be so quick to do it?

“You left him remember?”

“Why does everybody think I've forgotten that and how did you know?”

“Because he called me the night you left. He was torn up. You're back now. Just let this go.”

“Would you be able to let it go?”

“Honestly I hope I never have to but think about what you're doing okay?”

“Fine. I'll think about it.”Anything to get him off my back. I loved my friend dearly but I wasn't in the mood for a lecture.

“Why don't I believe you?”

“Because you've known me too long but I will think about it this time. I promise.”

“Okay. You'll let me know how it goes?”

“You'll be the first after Donnie to know the outcome.”

“Don't be a smartass now Meg. I'll talk to you later.”

“Goodbye.” Thank God! I leaned against the counter and opened the box of Triscuits. This time I ate myself sick. I took a couple of Tums and headed for the bedroom. After my stomach settled, I got ready for bed. I climbed into our bed and grabbed my book. He would be home anytime now.



DONNIE


I knew something was up when she didn't answer any of my calls, text messages and even voice mail but maybe she just got busier than she expected. After throwing my wallet and keys on the front table, Lumpy and I headed for the bedroom It had been a long day and I just wanted to climb into bed and sleep. The door was closed tight. Not a good sign. I turned the handle and it didn't budge. I tried again with no success. Why had she locked me...out.....oh.....