- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Tuesday again....Yay! Enjoy!


Yeah. I should have known better. I should have just told her but I didn't want to put any more on her than she had already dealt with in the short time she'd been home. I missed her. Maybe that's why I kissed Sharon. I really don't know why I did. Some part of me knew Meg would be back. So why did I let my hormones take over? I was able to control them with Roxy why wasn't I able to suppress the urge when it came to Sharon? Maybe there was a part of me that was curious knowing that back in the day she crushed on me. Maybe I just needed to feel some sort of connection to Meg and she was it.


It was useless to even try and get in there so I headed for the spare. Lumpy plodded along behind me. After stripping down to my boxers, I settled Lumpy up on the bed with me. He was able to leave it as he pleased but I always had to help him up. He curled upon one side and I pulled my cell phone out. It was late but not so late I'd wake her up.

Sharon answered,”What do you want?”

“Why couldn't you let me tell her?”

“Why didn't you tell her?”

“She hasn't even been home twenty four hours and she's already had to deal with Roxy. I didn't exactly want to throw it on top of that.”

“Seriously?”

“She came to get the key and Roxy was there.”

“That's the only reason?”

“Like I needed a better one?!”

“I guess not. She's my best friend. I didn't want to tell her but I couldn't not tell her either. I'm sorry.”

“Me too because she locked me out of our room tonight.”

“Like this is all my fault?”

“You kissed me.”

“And you didn't back away.”

“You're right. I'm as much to blame as you.”

“For what it's worth Donnie, this is Meg we're talking about. She'll be over this by morning.”

“I know.”

“She came back right?”

“Yeah.”

“Then don't worry about it. Deal with it after a good night's sleep.”

“So are we good then?”

“When she gets past it we are. Talk to you later.”She hung up.

Great! Not only one but two women were pissed off at me. Well I don't know as Sharon was pissed off at me but she certainly wasn't happy with me either. I set the alarm on the phone and turned the light off. I needed sleep but I knew it wasn't going to come anytime soon. I couldn't until I knew things were okay with her and it seemed I was going to my answer sooner than expected. She pushed the door open quietly and the light softly filtered in from the front room. She turned the bedside lamp on and I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the sudden intrusion of brightness invading the room.

“I couldn't sleep.”

“Neither could I.” I scooted over slightly so she could sit on the bed next to me.




MEG


I had been absolutely childish. Jon was right. I'd done far worse to Donnie and he stood by my side through all the confusion. I took a deep breath and said,”Why didn't you tell me?”

“About Sharon? You were already dealing with the whole Roxy thing. I didn't want you to have to deal with it right away.”

“You knew I was going to see Sharon though.”

“Yes I did and I'm sorry. I wanted to be the one to tell you so we didn't have to go through this.”

“Actually, I came in here to apologize. I'm acting very childish. It was just a kiss. Right?” I didn't want to accuse but I had to be sure.

“Meg-

“I'm sorry. I don't know why I even thought it. I just don't want to fight anymore. We've had something so good for so long,”I interrupted him. I knew I was being foolish. I don't know how he put up with me some days.

“Meg. You're rambling. I'm not mad. I would have thought the same thing had the situation been reversed.”

“So you forgive me for acting like a fool?”

“There's nothing to forgive. We've made it through worse than this. We just need to learn to deal with things when they come up.”

“I agree.” I got up off the bed.”So are you coming with me?” Extending my hand to him.

“And leave Lumpy here all alone?”He teased.

I looked at Lumpy and the dog was stretched from one end to the other.”I think man's best friend will be just fine.”

He grabbed his phone then took my hand and smiled.”It amazes me what that dog can sleep through.”

“It amazes me what you can sleep through.”

“What are you saying?”

“Like father, like son,”I returned with a smirk

“Oh you are so gonna get it!”

“Promise?” I said and slid my arm around his body; our lips a breath's distance apart.

He nodded.”But you've got to make a promise to me.”

“Anything.”

After kissing me he replied,”Marry me.”