- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



I know I've been terrible about updates this week but I've had some other distractions so I do apologize and I hope to get back on track next week. Thanks for your patience and enjoy!


MEG


This was not how my life was supposed to be. I was a good girl. I wasn't supposed to be playing with girls the way men do. My life had flipped upside down when I was so close to have the dream all little girls grow up having. I had my Prince Charming and she was about to knock him and me off his white horse before we even got a chance to ride off into the sunset. Maybe it's silly but dreams are what keeps people going. If you don't have them, what's the point. I truly believe the only dream Roxy had in hers was to destroy anything and everything that ever made anybody that ever crossed her path happy. Why was she so hell bent on ruining me? Why?!

My dream wedding was turning into a shambles. Now that I was on leave without pay, I couldn't afford to make that final payment on my dress . The caterers still had one last payment to be made. As for the reception hall, that was the only thing set in stone. I was sure the church was going to deny us after Hurricane Roxy swept through but it was the reception hall that politely asked us to relocate; giving us a full refund. Great! It was bad enough Donnie was watching me fall apart but I couldn't help it. My dream was going up in flames and I couldn't do a thing about it. At least I thought I couldn't .

I had to share the bad news with him that Saturday afternoon when he arrived home after his weekly ritual. He needed that as much as I needed to get out and be with my friends but everywhere we went we were hounded by the press. I wasn't sure how much more I could take. I knew he was used to it and I'd acclimated to the amount we received as a couple but Roxy had set a whole new standard for paparazzi harassment. Sharon and I HAD been enjoying a Zumba class every Saturday afternoon but we'd been forced to order a DVD and stay in. To say I hated Roxy for practically making me a recluse would be an understatement.

“Are you doing okay Meg?” Sharon inquired as we made our way into the kitchen for some water after our workout.

“You mean the reception hall thing? I'm fine. It's just that I can't pay for my dress and they said they'd only hold it another two weeks before they put it back out. I don't want them to do that Share. It's my dream dress,”I turned to her with a bottle for her and myself; closing the door behind me. We returned to the living room and flopped down on the couch together. Amazing how synchronized she and I were some days.

“Meg, let me help you on this. Please? You're my best friend and I've been there the entire journey. That little bitch Roxy is not going to ruin your big day. You've got a man that's been in love with you forever and took that long to get here. You deserve to have the happy ending.”

“I know. I just don't know how we're going to get around all this though. I have a feeling if that story hadn't come out, my wedding dress would still be available up to the day of the wedding itself as well as everything else.”

“So let me help you. You've been there for me more times than I can count. Let me be there for you.”

“You really want to do this for me?”

“Meg, you and Donnie belong together. You had a moment of weakness. You moved on. She's the only one that needs to get a life.”

“Let's go get my dress paid for then. After we freshen up of course.”

“You got it girl.”

It was the first time in two weeks a smile had lit up my face. Something was finally going right.



DONNIE


Jon had come into town and was looking for a place of his own being as he'd been here more and more. It was only natural. I told Meg I was going golfing so we could surprise her with some good news. Seemed as though everything was falling apart around us because of the tabloid stories. Yes, there was more than one, then when Roxy made her television debut, the producers pulled me into the office and told me in no uncertain terms that I needed to get this under control or I would be out of a job. It's not like major players don't ever get written out of shows. We all know this. I was looking at the view out the window in the place Jon was considering when he approached.”Everything okay with you and Meg?”

I turned to him and answered.”Believe it or not, this whole media blitz due to Roxy has made US all that much stronger but I am worried about her. She keeps going on about not getting her dream dress and I don't know what to do because she won't let me make the last payment on it.”

Jon chuckled.”That right there is just a girl thing but maybe I could help out.”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you know where her dress is?”

“I think she mentioned it. Why?”

“Well if I can find that out, I can go make the payment and she'll have her dress. I've watched you two go through enough for this wedding to not happen. Hang on.”He pulled out his cell phone and dialed her number.”Hey Meg. How's my favorite bride to be?”

I only got bits and pieces of the conversation but from what I could tell, he was about to make my soon to be wife a very happy woman.

“Let's go,”he ordered as he ended the call.

“She told you?”

“Of course. I'm the best 'girlfriend' a girl could have,”he joked but I thanked God that she had him.

“What about this?”

“I already made an offer earlier today. I just wanted to see what you thought.”

“You're nuts.”

“Yeah but you're fiancé is about to become one very lucky bride. She and Sharon are going to meet us for dinner.”

Sure enough, when she found out Jon had taken care of the dress that even Sharon had offered to help her pay off, she hugged the life out of him before sitting down. It was the first time we'd actually been in public since all of it came to public knowledge. There wasn't a whole lot we could do because it was partially true and I didn't want Meg to have to deal with it. It was bad enough she was having to go through all this. She was happy and that's all that mattered right now.