- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Sadly, we are at the end of this little journey. Thank you for all the support. I already miss Meg and Donnie. Don't you? :p Enjoy!
Strange Magic
Copyright 2012
By Terri

Chapter 3 6

DONNIE

Our wedding day arrived without much more incidence. We just moved the reception being as it was a small event. Just a few close friends and our families were in attendance. Even after everything that had happened, we made it. Not even Hurricane Roxy could change that. Speaking of which did I tell you what happened the day Jon went to pay for her dress? It shouldn't matter now but I feel this need to share. I mean if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be staring at the most beautiful bride in the world. It took us a lifetime to get here but my Meg finally got her dream day. I wasn't going to take that away from her.

“She looks absolutely stunning doesn't she?” Jon commented when he approached me at the reception.

“There are no words. She's happy. That's all I need,”I replied as she danced with her father. I watched as the tears rolled down her cheek and she smiled my way. I winked in return. If I hadn't been so stupid so many years ago....No, we were still madly in love despite every force that tried to separate us. Nothing could ruin this day.

“Does she know?”

“Know what?”

“About the dress.”

“No. She still thinks you paid for it.”

“You didn't pay for it?”Sharon came upon their conversation.

Jon turned to her and explained,”We got to the shop to pay for it and I was told that somebody had already taken care of it. When I asked them who, they gave me a dead on description of you know who.”

“You mean?” Sharon's eyes widened.

“We couldn't believe it either but we weren't about to put any further burden on Meg. She deserves to have a beautiful wedding just like every other girl in the world.”

“I agree. By the way Donnie, the groom's cake is scrumptious,”Sharon commented and smirked before walking away to socialize with some of the other guests.

“What's up with that?” Jon asked curiously.

Donnie blushed then answered,”Meg and I had a little taste testing party of our own.”

“No need to go on.”

“Do women ever not talk about everything with their best friends?”

“I don't think so.”

“You think she'll tell Meg?”

“She loves Meg just as much as I do, you're safe there. So where are you taking her for the honeymoon?”

“Yeah. Where are you taking me for our honeymoon?”I heard her out of the corner of my ear.

“It's a surprise princess.” I slipped my arm around her waist. She looked absolutely stunning as Jon stated. My Meg, My bride. My wife.



MEG

Everyday I look at my ring and still can't believe that I'm Mrs. Donnie Wahlberg. Crazy I know but considering all the hell we went through but for the first time in a long time, I felt secure. That nothing could break me. There was a time when I wasn't so sure but Donnie never faltered in his faith in me. Sure I screwed up. I screwed up in a major way but I'd been seeing a therapist and working through it. I love him. When you get a man that gives you the world and asks for nothing in return, that's when you know you have the fairytale.

After a honeymoon of endless white sand beaches, we returned home. We were sorting through our gifts when I came across a card; no gift attached. Odd I thought but I opened it and studied the front of it. It was one of my Disney princesses on the front of it and on the inside there was a note.


You looked beautiful in that dress. I knew you would. I know there are a lot of reasons to hate me but know the one reason I had to see you in that dress. Despite what they all think, I do have a heart under all the messed up things I've done. I'm hoping that this is a new beginning for me and I wish you all the best in yours. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy. I can see that he makes you happy Goddess.



I felt the card slip from my hand and it wasn't until Donnie took mine that I zapped out of my trance.

“Are you okay princess?”

My gaze met his and I point blank inquired of him,”Did you know about this?”

“About what?”

“Roxy .”

“That she paid for the dress?”

“Yes.”

He nodded.

I think he was unsure of what was going on in my head so he remained quiet as I contemplated what he he had just verified.”Why didn't you tell me?”

“I wanted you to be Roxy free on your big day. Since that first time she disrupted our life, I wanted something to be completely about us. Just us. And it was.”

“Did you know she was there?”

He shook his head negatively and replied,”Does it really matter now?”

“No.”

“Does it matter that she paid for the dress and we kept it from you?”

“No. Thank you.”

“For what?” He looked at me; puzzled.

“For giving me the best wedding gift ever,” I replied and rewarded him with a kiss. I could have got pissed off for him and the rest of them for withholding it from me but I know they did it because they cared about my true happiness. I may have made a mistake by letting Roxy into my life but as far as I was concerned, she was a part of our past. A strange magic that cast it's spell on us then gave ME the one thing she never could; the happily ever after.


THE END