- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Tuesday! another update. Yay! enjoy!


We'd never fought like this. Never had a reason to. Sure I was to blame but no matter how much I protested that it was me that started things, he was still going to believe she was the troublemaker. She and I had been friends far longer than he'd been my boyfriend. Him, I met way back when. A couple of years after the New Kids formed as a matter of fact but I was crushing on Jon's brother Jordan something fierce at the time. Even with a girlfriend the guy flirted shamelessly. But I'm straying. I was about to lose the love of my life all because I could suppress my urges.”God Donnie! It's not like I just dragged her in off the street.”

“No. You just invested ten years of your life before you decided to become fuck buddies!”

I know he was frustrated with this whole debacle but so was I. I didn't know how to rectify it any more than he did.”So what do you want me to do? Leave?!”

“No! I want you to stay and just get rid of her.”

“Wow! I'm glad it's that easy.” I returned sarcastically.

“Look Meg, I don't want to lose you. Maybe it's better if you do leave so we both can get our heads straight.”

I looked at him disbelievingly.”Just like that?”

“Hell Meg! I don't know what the fuck to do anymore than you do. I love you but I can't live like this with you until I know she's out of our lives for good.”


“Fine. I'll make some arrangements then get out of your way.” I was biting my lip so hard as to fight back the tears. He'd seen me cry before but this time I couldn't let him see it. Grabbing my purse, I went to the bedroom and slammed the door. I didn't even care what he was doing. Okay, I did but I was just as upset as he was. More so because I caused him this pain. I pulled my cell out of my purse and dialed Sharon's number; praying she would pick up. I know she would be there for me whatever she was doing. She was just that kind of friend.

“What's up lady?”

The tears started falling of their own will.

“Meg?”

Pulling myself together slightly, I said,”Can I stay with you for awhile?”

“What's going on Meg?” She knew me better than Roxy. We'd been friends that long.

“Donnie and I had a fight.”

“Want me to kick his ass?” She offered; not knowing it was my fault.

“It's not his fault Share. I screwed up this time.”

“Want to tell me how?”

“Could you just come get me please? I'm throwing a few things together now.”

“Sure but just so you know I'm giving up a hot date tonight,”she teased

“I'm sorry Sharon. You know I wouldn't ask otherwise.”I was so distraught I didn't even catch it this time.

“I was just kidding girl. You know I'm there for you, hot date or not you're always welcome at my place.”


“You're the best. So you gonna come pick me up?”

“Yeah give me about half an hour. Can you stand it that long?”

“If we stay in separate rooms I think we'll be okay.”

“Okay. You just hang tight lady. I'll be there as soon as I can but just so you know I was kinda looking forward to kicking his ass.”

“He didn't do anything wrong Share. Just get here okay?”

“You got it. Be there shortly.”

With that we both shut our phones off and I returned to my packing. I took everything I could possibly think I would need. I didn't know how long this was going to take or if I was going to be coming back to move my things out. It really didn't seem like much time had passed but Sharon walked into the room and got my attention. I was staring out the window when she touched my shoulder.

“You ready to go lady?”

I sniffed.”As I'm ever going to be.”

She grabbed the one duffel bag and I grabbed the handle of my rolling suitcase.”Let's go.” I paused when she opened the front door to see him standing by the window in the living room; draining what I was sure was the first of many beers from the longneck bottle in his hand. I couldn't believe that it had come to this. Sharon's hand ran across the back of my shoulder and said softly,”whatever it is, he'll come around.” She meant well but she didn't know the whole story.



DONNIE


I heard the door close and walked back into the kitchen to grab another beer. I opened the refrigerator door and stared into it. I knew where the stuff was, I just wasn't thinking straight. How could she do this to me after all this time? I still remember the first time I kissed her but I was at a different point in my life. We were kids. I was young and spreading my wings. I didn't realize what I had in her the first time Jon introduced us. Like I said, stupid kid. It wasn't until years later, after two kids and and the midst of a divorce, that we met again. We'd reunited as a group and Jon brought her to New York City with him the time we announced our comeback on the Today show. She didn't recognize me right away but when I saw her, she hadn't changed at all. I'll never forget the look in her eye when she realized it was me. It was like time had stood still and we were back at that party where we kissed for the very first time.

“Anything good?” Came Jon's voice from behind the door.

I was still upset that he didn't feel he could tell me what had happened but I was also old enough to know that he was between a rock and a hard place.”Not really. I was gonna grab a beer. Want one?”

“You know I'm not a beer guy but if you've got any wine in there, I'll take some.”

“I think she....God Jon! Why?! Why did she do it?!” Slamming the refrigerator door; the sight of the wine bottle reminding me of her.

“I don't know but I know she's very confused about it right now.”

“How do you think I feel?! I find my girlfriend being fucked by her best friend in our bed and some sick part of me wants to screw her friend while I watch her get Meg off. Any other guy would hop at that chance right?”

Jon shrugged as I leaned against the counter. He opened the refrigerator, grabbed a beer for me and the wine bottle. “Where do you keep the glasses?”

I nodded to the glass faced cabinet doors holding the wine glasses and popped open the bottle. After taking a good long draw of it I asked him to answer my question.

Returning the bottle to the refrigerator, he turned and leaned on the opposite counter's edge.”I don't know. I guess most guys would. I know my brother would despite being a faithfully married man. It's a fantasy most guys never get to live.”

“I love her Jon. I don't want to lose her.”

“I don't think you will either. You did what you had to. I think maybe some time apart will help her come to terms with what she's feeling.”

“Help her? I hope to God it helps me. I don't like the way I feel about her right now. She's my whole world. Always has been. I was just too stupid to realize it back then.”

“You mean the first time you kissed her?”

“How'd you know I kissed her?”

“Friends talk Don. Especially when it's their first kiss.”

My eyes widened. I never knew that was her first kiss.

“You didn't know?”

I shook my head. I couldn't believe it. I'd forgotten about being upset with him and now all I was thinking was I was going to lose her over the very same thing that brought us together. A kiss.