- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
another chapter and if anybody's really good with html please help me! I kinda get lost after the word Wow in this chapter how to center the rest of it back. Thank you and enjoy!

MEG

I felt like I was drowning in my tears by the time we got to Sharon's place. I plopped down on the couch; briefly unconsumed by the sorrow. Granted, I'd done this but I was still upset. Sharon took my things into her spare room and returned with a couple of berry flavored wine coolers in hand.

“Talk,”she ordered me.

I hadn't talked to her in three weeks and I'd never really told her what was going on between Roxy and I so this was going to be one big bombshell for her.”Where do I start?”

“Like why this is your fault and not his?”

“Okay.” I popped open the bottle and took a drink. God that felt good. Anything to numb the pain.
“He came home and caught me in the act.”

Sharon almost dropped her wine cooler.”Meg!”

“Wait. It gets better. It wasn't a guy.”

She sat her bottle on the table.”I don't understand.”

I hesitated; picking at the label on the bottle.” He caught me with Roxy.” This time she wasn't surprised.

“So how'd she play you Meg?”

“She didn't play me. Everybody thinks she's to blame and I'm the one that started it.”

“You?” Her eyes rose disbelievingly.

“Why does everybody find it so fucking hard to believe I would try it? Am I that straightlaced?!”

“Well, yeah. Kind of. I mean your Mom and Dad taught you boys and girls belong together and no other way in the world was right. It stands to reason why we all think that.”

“Did you all ever stop to think maybe that's why I did it?”

“So how did it happen Meg? I mean I don't get it but if that's what floats your boat.”

“I don't know as it does. I don't dislike it. I'm just not sure if it's something I've got out of my system.”


“Do you want to lose him Meg because if you don't get it out of your system, I guarantee you will. He's been in love with you since the day he met you.”

“Current or way back when?”

“I remember that party at Jon's house way back when. The first time he kissed you.”


Lord did I remember that!



I was leaning against the wall; waiting for Jon to come back with our drinks. He'd been
gone quite awhile and that's when Jordan sidled up next to me. I liked the guy but I knew he was off limits because he had a girlfriend. Didn't seem to phase him though.

“Hey ya Meg! How's it going?”

“I'm fine. You?”

“Feeling pretty good. I bet you feel pretty good.”

He reeked of beer. I tried to move and he trapped me where I was. Seemed alcohol didn't limit his motor skills.”You're drunk.”


“I am?” He grinned; the dimples I was so in love with showing.


“Yes. Now if you don't mind.”

“I do. I think you and I should find a bedroom and y'know,” he suggested; his breath hot on my ear.


I might have welcomed the idea if he wasn't sloppy drunk and the tiny little obstacle he called his girlfriend but he had me trapped. I wasn't sure what to do. I'd never had a guy come on so strong. “Jordan please.”

“I like the sound of that. It's gonna sound even better when you're wiggling that cute little ass of yours under me.” His hand curving around my breast when the voice
from behind us distracted him.

“Get lost Jordan. Your girlfriend's looking for you.”

Donnie. My savior. Jordan glared at him before leaving us alone. I was pretty shaken.

“You okay?”

“I think so.”

“Come on. Let's go somewhere a little more private and you get yourself together,”He said; wrapping his arm around my shoulder. We stopped in the hallway.

I was still shivering. I mean Jordan really hadn't done anything but the fact that he could have, scared me.”Thank you so much Donnie. I don't know what-

He interrupted my rambling.”Jordan's harmless.”

“Didn't feel that way.” My eyes darting to the floor. I was afraid to even look Donnie in the eye but not for the same reasons as I was with Jordan. I was feeling something I was sure he wasn't.

He tilted my chin back up to look at him. We just looked at each other. Something was different. He didn't say a word as his lips moved closer. Before I could protest, his lips were on mine. Soft and subtle. Brief.

We exchanged another look and this time, I kissed him. I had no idea what I was doing. I was twenty years old and I'd never kissed anybody in my life. I don't think he realized it either but when his tongue slipped between my lips, I knew he was the only man I ever wanted to kiss the rest of my life. I don't know if he felt the same way but the expression in his eyes told me that he liked it.

“Wow."


That single word is what I remember. Obviously, that was the last time that happened up until the time we met in NYC when Jon brought me along for their appearance on the Today show. He wasn't quite divorced at the time and I didn't recognize him at first but when Jon told me, all those emotions came rushing back. That very first kiss. The one that changed my life. I kissed a few guys along the way. Even slept with a few but it never felt right. Now I was losing him.”Yeah I remember that.”

“Then you might want to remind your girlfriend of that. That man would move Heaven and Earth for you and if you think she's worth that then I can't stop you.”

“Well do you mind if I stay here for a few days cuz I think he needs it as much as I do.”

“It's not a problem but what finally pushed him over the edge tonight?”

“Roxy showed up this afternoon thinking I'd be alone and Jon caught us kissing. I was pushing her off but she had me liplocked long enough for him to see. I asked him not to say anything to Donnie but Donnie managed to get it out of him. I feel bad for doing that now. I'll be surprised if he ever talks to me again.”

“Oh please. He will. I'd worry more about Donnie though. Sounds like you took his heart and stomped all over it.”

“Yeah. I did. I just hope I didn't crush it completely.”