- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is the next chapter!
Everyone looked at me and then down at Alex who was clearly showing pain from the position his arm was in.
“Belle, let him go. You are hurting him.” Howie said gently.
I put my hand up and he stepped back slightly. I didn’t want to upset him but I had something to say. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me as I pulled Alex up still holding his hand behind his back.
“I lived for four years with a guy who felt like he could put his hands on me whenever he wanted. I promised myself that would never happen again. Your girlfriend is a great person and becoming one of my best friends. I will not let you screw her over just because you want a quick romp in the sack with someone who is defiantly not interested. I flirt and I have a good time but I do not want your hands on me. You will not try to feel up your best friend’s girlfriend and expect a response back. I want you to apologize to your girlfriend and explain to her what was going on and then you need to apologize to Howie. I will not stand for it Alex. I really like you and I have a very strong feeling that we are going to be good friends. I am being very gentle with you right now but the next time this happens do not expect me to be so nice.” I said firmly letting him go. He turned around and I could see the sincerity in his eyes.
“I am so sorry Belle. Please forgive me.” He said holding his arms out for a hug.
I walked into his arms and gave him a gentle squeeze and whispered to him to go to Amanda. He walked over to Howie and I looked at her.
“Amanda I was going to talk to you about it before I grabbed him. I want you to know I am not that type of person. I love Howie and there is nothing I would be willing to do to screw that up. Please, I know we have not known each other for that long, but you have to believe me.” I said almost crying.
She walked over to me and enveloped me in a hug.
“Don’t you worry about it.” She whispered.
I looked over at Howie and he smiled at me. I reached over to him and pulled him closer as he gently kissed me and I melted against him.
“Well, now I know never to piss her off.” Nick said laughing.
I pulled away from Howie and smirked at him.
“Well, let me tell you all something right now. I do not appreciate or tolerate hands on my body unless I know what is going on. I feel that it takes a special someone to have that privilege. I was going easy on Alex to so you guys need to relax. He would know when I was hurting him.” I said laughing.
“Babe, if you weren’t hurting me then I would hate to see you hurting me because that hurt like hell!” Alex said wrapping his arms around Amanda.
“Just keep your paws off my girl and we will be cool.” Howie said giving Alex a small glare.
I saw Alex look away and I still couldn’t shake this nagging feeling in the back of my head. Amanda just looked happy that everything was okay.
“You are going to have to show me some of those moves.” Leighanne said.
“Babe, Belle terrifies me and if she is going to show you some moves then I am never pissing you off again.” Brian said.
“Come on, they are not that bad. She showed me and Lexi and now we can fight with the best of them and defend ourselves if need be.” Melissa said.
I started laughing as Kevin and Nick’s faces turned a nice shade of green and their faces blanched.
“I agree with Leigh, you are defiantly going to have to show us. We put up with a lot of things from these clowns and it would be nice to put them in their place every now and then.” Amanda said laughing.
“Are you guys also going to the Bahamas? Because while they are in the studio I can start showing you how to do it.” I said taking a huge drink of my rum and coke.
They all nodded their heads and I saw a look of disappointment come over Melissa’s face. I think Nick sensed it because he leaned over and started whispering in her ear. As I sat watching them I saw her face light up and she started nodding her head very aggressively.
“I think we can count Mel in on the trip now.” Kevin said laughing.
We all laughed and relaxed even more than I thought was possible. I couldn’t help but wonder how Lexi, Mel, and I were so damned lucky to be a part of this special group. I felt we were truly blessed. ‘I Need to Know’ started playing and Howie got up.
“Come on sweet Belle, let’s show them how to salsa.” He said wiggling his eyebrows.
“Hon, you really need to leave the eyebrow thing to Kev and just focus on your winking.” I said laughing.
He growled at me and pulled me out onto the dance floor. When he pulled me into his arms I saw the laughter in his eyes. Before I knew it he was doing steps that were so complicated and intricate that I was breathing hard by the time the song was over. I managed to keep up with him and I knew that I had finally found my match not only in a soul mate but on the dance floor as well. A slow song came over the speakers and he pulled me close to his body and melted into him.
“I want to apologize to you about Alex.” He said looking into my eyes.
“I wasn’t sure if I should tell you or not. I passed it off as just harmless flirting until he started reaching under my skirt and crossed the line. I had to draw the line somewhere. I just don’t want him to hate me for it because I can’t help but feel that I crossed that line by treating him the way I did.” I said laying my head on his shoulder.
“No, you didn’t cross the line he did. I am just glad you did something about it. Alex is considered a known charmer and most women let him get away with it. He needs to know that he can’t have every woman he comes in contact with. Amanda doesn’t put up with because a lot of times she hopes that the girl will say something. I hate to say this but you defiantly earned her respect and friendship by doing what you did tonight.” He said kissing me gently on the lips.
I sighed and finished our dance with a small smile on my lips. As we made our way back to the floor a really cool swing song was starting to play.
“Come on sugar…let’s dance.” Kevin said holding out his hand.
I grabbed it and followed him out to the floor. I loved to swing and Kevin was the perfect height for that. As he was tossing me in the air and we were moving together I could see everyone making way for us and watching. I was so excited. I never got to swing dance that much because it was hard to find someone with the perfect height. Kevin was moving with such ease that we threw in the most complicated moves.
Once we were finished we walked back over the table and sat down. I finished off my drink and quickly placed my order for another while I took another shot.
“Where did you learn to dance the way you do?” Leigh asked me.
“I took lessons and rhythm is in my blood. When I started college I also enrolled in a stripper’s aerobics class so I could tone up my upper body for push-ups with the army. I will tell you what…that class literally kicked my butt too but I loved every minute of it.” I said.
“I love the way you move on and off the floor.” Howie whispered in my ear as he gently nibbled on it.
I shivered in delight and rubbed his back as he continued his assault.
“I am going to the bathroom and I will be right back.” I said gently kissing his lips.
I got up and pushed my way through the crowd. As I walked into the bathroom I felt a hand grab my arm and I spun around quickly. What I saw in front of my made my blood run cold.
“Why in the hell are you here?” I asked vehemently.
My arm was twisted behind my back and I cried out in pain.
“I am not done with you yet and you are going to pay for that little stunt you pulled earlier.” The voice growled at me.
I felt panic as I was shoved into the restroom and into one of the stalls. All I could do was pray for one of my friends to come in so I could let them know what was going on.
“You’re mine now!” He said as the light shone down on his face.
I shivered and started planning on how to get myself out of this situation.