- Text Size +

“Izzy calm down, what are you saying?” Megan was trying to keep Izzy from pacing around the room but every time she managed to put her hands on Izzy’s shoulders, Izzy brushed them off and continued to pace.


“Dr. Thompson attacked me.” Izzy stopped pacing and dropped to the couch, her head falling into her hands.   After a minute she raised her head and looked at her friend who was now sitting next to her.  “It has to be connected with what happened at the meet and greet.”


“You mean when you fainted after touching Brian?  I hardly think that is the issue.  Hundreds of girls faint when one of those guys touch them.”  Megan chuckled but stopped when she realized her friend wasn’t laughing with her. 


“You didn’t see how he reacted when he found out I was having dreams that seemed like they were more memory than dream, then the chase, and the fight…”   Izzy shook her head and stood up again. She didn’t start pacing; instead she headed to her room.   She grabbed a few items of clothing and stuffed them in her backpack before going back out to the living room.


Megan stood and followed her around as she finished grabbing items she felt she would need on her trip.  She grabbed for a knife and put it back as she remembered she would be going through airport security with only one bag.  If she felt she was in danger she would need to find a weapon after arriving.  She rummaged through her junk drawer until she managed to find some bandages and a tube of Neosporin.  She rolled them together and stuffed them deep into her clothing.


“What are you doing?” Megan asked as she watched Izzy pack her things.


“I’m going to find Brian.  I have to know if I should check myself into a loony bin or if he, by chance, is experiencing anything similar.” 


“So, you are going to find him, ask him if he’s been dreaming about you and experiencing people chasing after him with needles and you think he won’t call security.  Izzy, this is Brian from the Backstreet Boys.  He’s a lovable goofball who is utterly devoted to his wife and son, “Megan tried to reason with her but Izzy wouldn’t listen.


“Megan I am going, you can either think I’m crazy and go about your life without me or you can help me out.”  Izzy turned to face her friend, her hands resting on her hips. 


Megan smirked at her friend.  “And miss a chance to see Brian’s face? Never,” Megan moved closer to Izzy and hugged her before moving to the computer and turning it on.


“What are you doing? I thought you were coming with.”  Izzy couldn’t believe that she just sounded like she whined to her friend.  She was glad Megan wanted to come along, she wasn’t sure she could do what she needed to do alone.


The other tapped furiously away at the keyboard after the computer loaded.  “Unless your connection to Brian let’s you know where he is at every minute of the day, I’m finding where they are at on their tour.”


“Oh, good idea,” Izzy sat down on the couch as her friend pulled up a couple of sites to get the information.   If she hadn’t talked to Megan she would be on her way, or at the airport, before she realized that she had no idea where she would need to go to find Brian.


“Got it,” Megan wrote it down on a piece of paper and turned the computer off.  “Let’s swing by my place on the way.” 


A few hours later, the girls were standing in line waiting to buy tickets for the first flight to Pennsylvania.  Megan not only figured out where they would be, found someone selling tickets and meet and greet passes, she also aligned a car rental for when they arrived.    Izzy was glad that her friend was sticking by her, “Megan have I told you what an awesome friend you are?”


Megan smiled as they walked up to the desk.  “Don’t you ever forget it.”


The girls lucked out and managed to book a flight that left in a little under an hour and their trip through security was a breeze.  Izzy was starting to think that things were going a little too easily as they sat at the gate.   She bounced her leg as they sat waiting for boarding to be announced.


 Several men wearing dark suits arrived at the gate shortly after them and stood around.  Izzy averted her eyes but felt as if everybody’s eyes were on her.  


“This is crazy isn’t it?” She broke the silence that she and Megan shared since they bought their tickets.  “Maybe we should just go home, order a pizza and rent a movie.”


“Izzy, we already have our plane tickets, we have tickets to the show and the meet and greet.  Even if you decide not to say anything to Brian we can at least go to the concert and have a good time.”  Megan smiled and put her hand on her friend’s shoulder. 


Izzy nodded but still felt nervous about what she was planning to do.  She practically jumped out of her seat when they announced that her row could now board the flight.  The downside of buying last minute tickets, Izzy and Megan were not going to be sitting anywhere near each other. 


The sound of the engines soon and movement of the plane was soon enough motion to lull Izzy into a restless sleep.  She could only remember images really, faces flashed by so quickly she couldn’t be sure if any of them were people she actually knew. When the images finally faded and she felt herself drift deeper into sleep a hand on her shoulder shook her quietly awake.


“Izzy, we’re here.” Megan was looking down at her friend.  They were the last people, aside from the flight attendants, on the plane. 


She grabbed her bag from the overhead compartment and followed her friend off the plane.  Izzy had a moment of panic when they exited off the plane as the airport looked exactly the same as the one back home. 


Izzy shook her head realizing that she must have been disoriented from the restless sleep she just had as the airport started to look quite different than the one they had flown out of.  They made their way to the rental car booth, rented the car and were soon on their way to the venue.


Girls were standing around outside the building as they parked and walked towards the building. 


“Cancelled, I can’t believe it.” One girl was practically in tears as she talked to her friends. 


“She’s a selfish bitch!” Another girl said as she tried to calm the crying girl. 


“What is going on,” Megan approached the twosome to get some answers.  The mob of girls outside were waiting to go inside like they had originally thought, most of the girls were upset and many were in line, getting something handed to them and leaving towards the parking lot. 


“The show has been cancelled.  The rumor is Leighanne left Brian and he is too heartbroken to continue on.  If the bitch had any decency she would have waited until the tour was over.”  The woman snarled as she spoke the words.


“How do you know this?” Megan asked. Izzy could see the concern about someone she hardly knew coming through.


Izzy laughed at the way the woman spoke about Brian’s wife.  “They aren’t really married anyway,” She blurted out before she realized what she was saying.


Three heads whipped up to look at her, confused at what she just said.  “What?” Megan asked.


Izzy shrugged.  “I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me.” She looked at the girls apologetically and started to walk towards the entrance to the amphitheatre.  She could hear Megan talking to the two girls she left behind, but she wasn’t really listening.   Without the meet and greet, without the concert, how was Izzy going to find Brian?  She started walking towards the back but bodyguards forced her to turn back.  She could see the busses but which was Brian’s and how could she get on one?


“Izzy,” Megan called out, Izzy turned to face her friend.


“So close,” Izzy whispered. 


“Brian’s not here anyway.” Megan announced her bit of information triumphantly. 


“What do you mean?”


“Those girls, I talked to them more after you and your strange comment left.  They talked to some other girls who said that they saw Leighanne and Baylee leaving the hotel the boys were rumored to be staying at.  They said that Leighanne was in tears, hence the rumor she left him.”  Megan beamed at Izzy, happy to be such a source of information for her friend.


“What hotel?” Izzy asked.


Megan wasted no time telling her friend and it wasn’t long before both girls found themselves back in the rental car and headed over to the hotel in hopes of finding Brian.

Chapter End Notes:

I am sooo sorry for that long break! I hope to be back in the groove and writing more chapters, I have quite a few outlined again.