- Text Size +

The young woman played with her long dark hair as she tried to ignore her friend bopping around to the music playing on the CD player. She promised her friend she would listen to the music playing in order to prepare for the concert they would be seeing that night. If forced to admit it, she was enjoying some of the beats but the thought of seeing the group preform was not something she was really looking forward to doing. She seldom went to concerts as she could not stand the crowds of fans screaming and carrying on yelling over the music or singing along. She hated paying money to listen to other people sing and scream over the music.

“Isabel,” Her friend interrupted her thoughts.

Isabel cringed when her friend used her full name. She hated being called Isabel, it left an uncomfortable feeling in the back of her mind. “Izzy,” she reminded her friend.

“Whatever, you didn't answer the first time I said your name, hence using your full name,” The girl joined her friend in the mirror. “I am so glad you decided to come with me.” the girl hugged Izzy and they stood looking at each other in the mirror for a few seconds before the second girl let go.

“No problem Megan.” Izzy smiled half-heartily. She would much rather be at home working. Her friend Natalie didn't know about her impulsive decision to go with Megan. Natalie was sensible and would have reminded Izzy about all the reasons she wouldn't want to go to the concert in the first place.

“Well you are never going to believe what I stumbled on last night,” Megan held out laminated passes and started hitting them against her hand.

“Are those what I think they are?” Izzy rolled her eyes. “How much did those cost you? And when did you get them?”

“They weren't as bad as you might think, the girl who had them got sick and she wasn't able to go. Her mom was her plus one, so bingo, two meet and greet passes have fallen into my hands.” Megan sighed as she fell onto the hotel room bed.

Izzy looked back into the mirror and sighed to herself. She definitely did not want to meet members of a boy band even if one of her best friends was in love with one of them. “Which one are you going to marry again?” Izzy asked Megan.

“Nick,” Megan sighed out his name.

“Right, which one is that again?” Izzy could never remember the name of the guy she was always going on about.

“The blond one,” Megan answered.

Izzy looked down at the album cover sitting on the table in front of her. She picked it up and glanced at the guys, there was a tall guy with dark hair shaved short, a Latin looking guy, a guy wearing a black hat, if she remembered correctly he had tattoos running up and down his arms now covered by a suit, and two blonds.

“There are two blonds.” Izzy held the CD case and looked towards her friend.

“Huh? Oh yah,” Megan responded. “The tall one.”

Izzy looked back down at the cover to get a better look at this guy Nick that Megan swore up and down she was going to marry one day, her and probably thousands of other girls. She looked him over, he wasn't bad looking but was not really Izzy's type. Her eyes slid over the other guys again, Megan had told her their names several times but she could never remember. Her eyes fell on the other blond before she tossed the CD case down. She already had a headache from just looking at their pictures, how was she going to handle an entire concert with them in front of her, not to mention the meet and greet.

“What time do we need to be there now?” Izzy asked. She already had little sleep. The trip really was last minute. Megan had come over the night before with her plea that Izzy join her on the trip. She planned it specifically for a time when Natalie was out so that there was more of a chance that Izzy would say yes. Natalie always talked sense into Izzy when impulsive Megan was always trying to do something new and exciting.

Izzy had no reason why she agreed, but she said yes and Megan threw some clothes in a bag and pulled her into the car. They left that very night and now they were miles away from home with only Megan's car for transportation.

Megan told her what time they needed to be there and Izzy sighed as she set about getting ready. Just because she didn't particularly want to attend the concert let alone the meet and greet was no reason for her to go looking dumpy. Besides, Megan would kill her if she had to go with Izzy dressed for comfort and not a night out.

Megan watched as Izzy put the finishing touches on her make up and Izzy knew what was on her mind. She'd been trying for years to get her to go to a concert for these guys and finally she had lucked out and managed to get her away from Natalie's domineering presence.

“Let's get going, you aren't going to get any more beautiful.” Megan smacked her friend's ass playfully and put the pass around her friend's neck.

The two women left their room and Megan double checked to make sure it was locked, Izzy insisted on hanging the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door so that nobody would try to clean the room while they were out. Megan had only laughed at her friend's strange ways as she pulled her to the elevator.

“Maybe we will luck out and be in the same hotel as them and we will see them later.” Megan sighed lost in some romantic thought or another about meeting the group of five they were off to meet.

The girls arrived at the venue and stood in the line with other anxious girls who had shelled out the big bucks to get to meet the guys each with a hope to walk away with a memory that would last them a lifetime, and a good picture.

Izzy watched the other girls in the line chat excitedly. Megan had found a girl in front of them that she actually chatted with online and the two commenced talking about the forum and fan fiction site they frequented. Izzy listened for awhile but without being able to contribute to the conversation she started to stare idly at the poster of the guys hanging at the venue. Her eyes fell on each of the guys in turn and soon she felt she had each of their looks memorized, and from the conversation going on she felt she had their names memorized too, all except the other blond. For some reason Izzy could not remember the name of the fifth member, the other blond, the one with a strong jaw. It was almost as if every time she looked at him or tried to remember his name her mind fought against her, opting to give her a headache instead of the information.

“Not worth my time,” She muttered to herself when she, yet again, forgot his name.