- Text Size +

Hi again!

So, a year has gone by since the cruise. WHat's new with me, you ask?
Sold my house, bought a new one. Lost 5 pounds, got a dog, and got rid of the dog. And yes, I did see Jeff again. In Germany, where he got married to Franke, his GSK assistant who-happens-to-be-pregnant.

I finished the school year last June, wondering if I had taken the right career path. In July, St.Lukes (hospital) called me to see if i'd be willing to help out a few hours a week, since I still had my medical license. The 'few hours a week' became '60 hours a week' because I was also doing tele-medicine for patients in secluded areas, where urologists lack. When my school sent me the paper work to sign my 2011-2012 teaching contract, I just couldn't. So here I am, as off December 2011, working full time (and overtime I might add...) up people's asses and  IN their business...

My senior collegues got to choose their Holiday shifts before I did. Perks of being at St.Lukes for longer than I have. Of course, everybody wants to work on the 24th or 25th. Not.

I had chosen the second week of January and the third of February. That's when Judy called me.

''How about we hit the cruise again this year? Hopefully this year, you wont get food poisoning from the shrimps!'' she said.

Right. Stomack virus. I had blamed my lack-of-explanation and my hiding-in-our-cabin on stale shrimps. That's how I got away with Judy last year. I also had to explain that the smell in our cabin was Jeff's body spray that I had brought with me and used on my sheets because I was sooooooooo (not) heartbroken.
As for the manly flip flops Judy found next to her bed, well, I managed to have her believe SHE had brought those with her when she got back from the party.

I don't like lying, but I had no other choice.

I booked our flights. I am the friend with a credit card and the salary. Funny how I always end up paying for her...I'm sure you have a friend like that too...Or maybe YOU are the friend. Needless to say, she was beyond happy when I called to inform her I had booked flights and hotel in Miami. And one of those ridiculously-overpriced top cabin. Judy said she'd pay me back when I'd get my statement. Right.

So morning of December 1st, our flight landed in Fort Lauderdale (FLL), 2 hours after take-off. We got our rental and drove to Miami where our hotel was.