- Text Size +
I knew I shouldn’t have brought my hardback copy of Fifty Shades of Grey. A friend of mine at St.Lukes gave it to me a week ago, she said I could use the entertainment. It did keep my mind busy on my way down to Miami.

«AJ, hi…Could I please get my book back?» I asked, looking at him. The sun was hot and bright. I pushed my sunglasses further up on my nose and crossed my arms and waited for him to answer me.
Nick walked towards me and knelt down on the stage. He looked at me for a moment and motioned for Mike to leave him alone for a minute. He came closer and whispered «I’ll tell you what. Give me your digits and you’ll get your book back » in my ear.

«Come on Nick, I wanna finish that chapter! It’s so hot outside, I just wanna lie down and read for a little while. C’mon…please?» I asked him, pouting.

He let out a sigh and opened the book in his hands. He flipped through the pages, glancing at me every-so-often.

«I know what this book is all about» he confessed.

«Your girlfriend has read it, I’m sure» I replied.

«Nah, she’s not into that kinda stuff» he said with confidence, the shit-eating grin never left his face.

«Right. Sure. Of course.» And I never slept with you. Aj and Howie were chatting with some fans on the other side of the stage and I knew I had hundreds of eyes looking at me.

«Oh! Now I understand what’s so hot about this book. The girl’s name is Ana! Must be fun reading porn when you share the same name…» he said. I hit him in the arm and tried to grab my book.

«Oh no no no. Give me your digits first». Of course I said no. I laughed at his arrogance, but the answer was still no.

«Alright look, I have to go for now. If you want your book back, get on the shuttle, get back on the boat and in about 2 hours me and the boys will be the first ones there. Meet me at our coffee place ok? That’ll give us a good 30 minutes before the first fans get back on the boat. I’ll get your number and you’ll get your book back. Be a good girl and coffee might be on me» he said, winking. He stood up, discreetly gave the book to Mike and joined the others.

Darn. Looks like I was not getting my book back. I tried to go back to my chaise but heeps of fans had gathered around me. They weren’t there for me, they wanted to have Nick’s attention. Now that he was gone, those girls wanted to talk to me.

Some girls asked me if I knew him, some wanted to know if I had met him before. For all I knew, maybe some took pictures of me and him during our very embarrassing conversation. I faked a phone call and made my way towards the shuttles. I had nothing to loose, right?

Judy was nowhere to be found so I rode alone. Hopefully she had her card with her to get back on the boat. I swiped mine and dragged my feet down the corridor until I reached my room. I took a quick shower to remove the excess sunscreen on my skin and to wake myself up, let’s be honest. I couldn’t get last night’s event out of my head. Don’t worry, it ain’t L-O-V-E, it was just lust I guess. Hooking up with a celebrity the night before (and last year, for that matter) did wonders to my self esteem that day.

I put on a pair of short shorts and a white tank top. It was so humid out that I didn’t bother blow drying my hair; high messy bun/ponytail it was. I applied mascara and chapstick, grabbed my purse and headed for the door. There was a faint knock on the door and it could only mean one thing. He had gotten on the shuttle early and found me. Boy was I right!

«Hey Nick. You found me».

«Yeah, I sorta have connexions. So…Is Judy with you?» he asked, coming in and looking around.

«I followed your instructions. So I get to have my book back? I’ve been a good girl. We could even skip on coffee. You could have a loooooong and warm shower, rince that horrible fan-scent off your skin and the sand you have on your feet. Sounds good, now doesn’t it?»

Nick looked tempted. I had him at ‘long shower’.

«I would love to. But I don’t have your book» he said.

«Huh, oh-kay…Where is it?» I asked. I don’t know why but I had the biggest smile on my face.

«It’s actually a very funny story…See, I gave it to Mike, who then gave it back. Then, I put it in Lauren’s pouch-

«Purse. It’s called a purse»

«Right. Purse. So then I went to get it back and she grabbed my wrist and asked me why I had that. I told her a fan gave it to me, which is NOT completely false», Nick added.

«And...?»

«And?» Nick asked, puzzled.

«Nick, this is the part where you tell me you grabbed the book from her hands and told her you had to give it back to that poor fan»

«Oh. No I didn’t. She said she wanted to read it. And since I’d be busy tonight, she could read it, instead of going to the casino..She also said something about NOT going to New York this weekend» he informed me. My body language did nothing to conceal the fact that I was slightly pissed; both of my hands were on my hips while I shifted my weight back and forth.

«Great. Now I’ll never know if Ana agrees to be his sub-

«Yeah, he gets the girl and they live happily ever after. Oh, and they have loads of kinky sex»

«Nick! C’mon. »

I let him in and he sat on the bed. He apologized again and again for my book, but honestly, I don’t think he even meant it. He grabbed the elephant-shaped towel on my pillow, removed the chocolate and popped it in his mouth.

«You know, we have about 30 minutes before the other girls get back on the boat»

«Yeah, can you imagine how many pages I could have read while waiting for Judy to get back?» I told him. I suck at feeding people lines. This wasn’t exactly my Oscar-of-the-year performance. I tried to look sincere, but he didn’t buy it.

«How about I show you what I read in that book on the way back?» he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

«I don’t think I wanna be tied and I most definetly don’t feel like kneeling in the corner the room. And you are NOT, did I say NOT? You are NOT spanking me with Chinese balls in my yee-ah. No»

«What? Say that again Hannah?» Was that drool coming out of his mouth?

«Nevermind. Let’s go for coffee. We have 28 minutes and counting. Grab your filthy flip flops and let’s go.

«Are you serious?» he asked, clearly not what he had in mind.

«I mean it. 27 minutes. Go!» I slapped him on the butt and we headed for the elevators.