- Text Size +

Judy informed me about a pre-cruise party at some nightclub.

«I pass», I told her. Wasn't ready to be surrounded by heaps of girls. Judy had texted a few twitter acquaintances of hers and decided to meet up at Cameo.

She got ready, while I was reading Last Night at Chateau Marmont. She was dressed in a short dress which she looked really good in, I have to admit. Clutch and shoes in hand ('shoes' you're wondering? We were staying at the Courtyard Miami South Beach, located a few hundred feet away from our room, literrally), she waved and told me not to wait up. I rang room service; got a piece of NY cheesecake with a latte and read for a few hours.

 

The next morning, I was up and ready to go. Had even went for my morning jogging along the beach, «I could get used to this», I thought. Judy got up, applied Preparation H under her eyes, boy did she look tired! And before you ask, yes, Preparation H constricts blood vessels hence why it helps getting rid of puffiness. Of course, it's not something you wanna be using everyday. How do I know? Remember what I do for a living? Good.

 

We checked in around 12h15. Boy was it chilly and windy. Got our cabin. Dropped our bags and admired the view for a few minutes. We had a 6E with ocean view. When I booked, I thought it'd be nice to read out on the deck. I regretted it now because there was no way I would be able to keep a book opened with these winds. Had no clue about the privileges we'd be getting (concert tickets, for example) but I'll get into that later. I left the cabin (and Judy .. poor her she was having some minor cramps in her lower abdomen) and walked around for a bit. Girls were busy decorating their doors. Crap, I hadn't had the memo... Some other girls were busy taking pictures with a huge Backstreet Boys cutout that looked nothing like the real deal. Some were walking around, drinks in hand (already?) and some had just gotten on the boat and were going in all directions, chanting OhMyGods for everyone to hear.

 

I was excited, but I like to keep my emotions bottled in. That's how I am. I can show excitement, but only when prompted...or drunk. Met with Luciana, a lovely girl who would be taking care of our cabin and went back in. Judy seemed to be doing better. Good.

 

I can't lie and say I wasn't excited/nervous about seeing Nick again. I was nervous as hell, but not for the obvious reason. I was afraid he would stick his nose up in the air and ignore me. Kind of the reason why I didn't want to go to the party at Cameo the night before. I know what you're thinking right now, 'Right Hannah, like you'd actually get close enough to have him look at you'. Well, let's just say Judy is seeing someone in his entourage (by 'seeing' of course I mean 'shacking up' with someone who works for him/them. It's been going on for a little over 2 years, but nothing serious you guessed it. How would have I been invited to the party last year, had it not been from 'that guy' ?! come on!).

 

On my bed, I opened my suitcase and dug deep to find the bottles of Heineken I had carefully wrapped in 2 dishcloths. I had brought a few. I had one (or three...) and we decided to get our outfits ready for the night and skip on the 'in it to win it' kinda thing the boys were hosting/taking part in.

 

«Hey, Han, you think we'll be close enough to I can see up Brian's nostrils?» Judy asked.

 

«Probably»

 

«Excited to see Aj again? Too bad he probably won't be drinking tonight...You could of gotten him drunk off his ass and drag him back here after the party!»

 

Right. I had told Judy my favorite was Aj. I'll try to keep that in mind.

 

«He's still as sexy as last year, but I think he fell asleep in one of those tanning beds. Something's wrong with his tan».

 

«Bah, I'd still hook up with him, given a chance», I lied.

 

We looked like crap. But good crap. 80's crap. I had black ripped leggins over neon green tights. A mesh skirt with a black cropped top that read 'Cinderella' (of course, not the obvious Disney princess)and because of my ahem, enhancement of last year, the 'CIN' and 'LA' were stretched like you wouldn't believe. I had gloves a la Mickael Jackson and two lollypop-y rings. My hair? Oh gosh...Judy has brought her original 1985 pink hair crimper. Need I say more? Make-up wise, it was aweful, but it worked with the outfit. Judy pinned (that's what Blackberry phones do, right?) her 'guy' and told us where to meet with him so we could get passed security. We looked at our watch (Swatch watches!!!) and realized that we were running late. Perks of having Judy's 'guy' tell us the wheres/whens/hows ..