- Text Size +

We ventured out. We were looking for a special set of stairs that would lead us to 'where it's at', so 'the guy' had told Judy. By the amount of girls and empty plastic cups, I could tell the party had already been under way for a while. Give or take an hour. We got to the area where 'he' was waiting for us (well huh, Judy...) and he gave my friend a quick pity-cheek-kiss. Girls were yelling behind me, some more sober than others. I soon discovered why; Brian (and his blonde curly wig -im talking about his hair, not his girlfriend. Come on people!) had arrived. The eye make-up on this one! So he greated all of us and Judy got her picture taken with him.
 
«Yay!», she said.
 
«I know, right? Almost too easy. I give him 5 minutes before he starts saying NO».
 
«Ha ha ha, probably. Eeeew, I have some of his hair in my drink..and down my crack...and on my lolly-ring. It's everyhere!»
 
«Eeew, gross». I said   I didn't have time to finish my sentence when I felt his hair on my semi-bare shoulder. It was extremely windy and his hair was tangled in my Flavor-Flav clock necklace (smaller version!). I turned around to warn Brian about his hair being all over the place but I had to yell louder, he seemed to have gone up on a stool or something.

  «Brian?» No answer.

«Brian!», I yelled louder. I grabbed his wrist while my other hand tried to unchain his plastic-y hair but was welcome by a :  

«Hey, what? I already have my partner for beer-pong» he said.   I stood there motionless. It wasn't Brian on a stool, taller. It was Nick. It was Nick's hair stuck in my necklace.

  «Huh, hi. It's just to tell you that your hair is all tangled in my necklace».   Nick looked down my shirt, literally, and tried to untangle his mess-of-a-wig. His cold hands brushing against my somewhat tight top.  

«Oh, sorry about that. Here, let me help...Nice clock! Flavor-Flaaaaaav!», he reeked of alcool. Beer. No, lemon drop. Or both.

  «Ah, a connoisseur!» I laughed, while he removed the last stand. I doubt he knew what connoisseur means.  

«You look like TIffany. The singer» he said.  

«What?»

  «Wait, is that your name?» he asked me, looking puzzeled.   I stood there for a few seconds, and that's when it hit me; thank God, he does not know who I am. I grabbed my drink (which was on the table) and said «cheers!»  

Judy tripped over a piece of god-knows-what. I laughed a little and said:   «How fucking wonderful Jude, he does not know who I am!»  

«Oh, Hannah honey, one day he will, I promise you. Flash him, he might like the view!»

  «Jude, you don't understand! I was worried for nothing. Shoulda gone to that pre-sail party!» I added, not remembering I had NOT told Judy about last year.  

«Hannah, you're drunk! I like it! Let's get you another drink».  

We stayed around the table while Brian and Nick were playing beer-pong. Even though Nick never went to college, you could tell he had had a lot of practice. He switched side and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He did the same with his other arm, but around a girl twice my size. He turned around to look at me and said:

«You smell nice, what are you wearing?»

  «Hairspray» I laughed.   He then let go of the other girl and grabbed a mike. Started yelling nonesenseness and sang along(off-key) to the tune that was playing.

  «Smell you later!» he said and took off. Went up a set of stairs and joined Aj on the deck. Judy and her 'guy' were exchanging dirty looks and I knew she would not be coming back to our room that night. We got some more drinks and I was ready to call it a night. THe music was loud, it was windy and I was cold. My feet were killing me (when you're 5'9 you don't need to wear heels all the time), but Judy refused to let me leave.  

«Let's go up and have your picture taken with AJ» Judy said.

«You're at least getting one with Aj today».   I knew she wouldnt let me convince her of anything else, so being the good friend that I am, I followed her. Up the stairs. In heels. High Heels.

  We had no trouble walking past security. The 'guy' ( note to self; I really should give him a name before I start using his)escorted us, telling pretty much everybody that we encountered on our way that WE were with him.

Aj was easy to talk to. Seems like we chatted for hours before I asked him for a picture. I was not really comfortable with the whole concept, but Judy insisted and he didn't seem to mind. We talked about anything and everything. Nick was behind him, looking at what was going on on the lower deck. It got to a point where I thought he was going to pass out and lean over the ramp. I tried not to look at him too much, because when I did, he'd match my stare and I'd look down. Aj asked me if I was on break from school, which I thought was cute.

  «I work, actually. I'M done with school»

  «Oh really? And what do you do?» he said.

  «I'm a urologist right now».

  He spat out his Red Bull and laughed. A lot.

  «No shit. Get out. You? Fuck, how old are you?»  

« I'm about your age, maybe younger». Where was Judy? Usually she explains my carreer path before I get the chance to.  

«Yo, Nick boy, listen to this...» he turned around and grabbed Nick by his sleeve

  «Aj, I don't think you need to ...» I hurried,

  «This lovely lady over here is a urologist. That's pretty fucking wack man!»

  Nick looked at Aj, eyes half closed. He patted Aj on the shoulder and said:

  «No fucking way dude! I met a urologist once...» then lowered his voice (or so he thought) and added « I'd kill to do her again...».

  Nick looked at me, as if to say HI :

«TIffany!!» he yelled, in a high pitched voice.  

«So Age, where is your urologist?» Nick asked.

  «She'S right here! TIffany, right?» Aj said.

 I motioned to shake his hand, but ended up in a semi-hug. With stands of hair too close to my mouth for my liking. Nick studied his surroundings and about 5 girls were on the upper deck with us. Two bodyguards, Judy (and her 'guy') and a couple of dudes taking pictures with kick ass Canons.

  «Actually, my name is Hannah».

  «Hannah? you're not Tiffany?» Aj asked.

  «Nah, I'm pretty sure my birth certificate says Hannah».  

«Then why did my boy Nick here call you Tiffany?» he turned around «Nick? Buddy? What's up?»

  I knew by the look on Nick's face that he had done the maths...