- Text Size +

 

Chapter 22

AJ and Howie quickly leave the room. Nick and Dottie are kissing, when Brian walks over to Amy. He pulls her a hug. "I love you Amy and I want you here with me. Can we talk later tonight about everything?"
 
"Of course. Now you better scoot all your fans are waiting for you." She smiled and pushed Brian out the door.

Amy settles down on the couch as Dottie walks over. She is emotionally drained from the turn of events. All she wanted was to take a nap, but she needs to get some information from Dottie first. "You look tired, D."

"So do you? Are things okay with Brian?" Dottie fell back onto the loveseat.

"I think so. We are going to talk tonight. I just want to kill that bitch." Amy was angry for Brian. "Dottie you knew Glenna, tell me about her."

"Are you sure you want to know? Maybe it would be better...."

Amy cuts her best friend off. "I need to know. Brian's told me things, but I need my best friend's perspective on Glenna."

"If you're sure." Dottie composed her thoughts before speaking. "Glenna was always a bit standoffish most of the time. It was like you were beneath her. She didn't come around often, but when she did, I wanted to lock the door and hide under my desk."

"What did he see in her? I still don't get it." Amy huffed.

"She was manipulative. Looking back, I realized that she spent a lot of time in the office talking to Jake when Brian was busy. Shit, I wonder if she helped Jake set me up. I never felt comfortable when she was there."

"Dottie, you're a good judge of character. I'm sure your hunch is correct. I bet you can get that out of Jake." Amy said confidently. Some of the pieces were starting to come together, which would be helpful when Dottie talked to the scumbag. "Do you know what you are going to say to him?"

Dottie shifted uncomfortably. "There are so many things I want to say to Jake. I'm still thinking of the exact thing I'm going to say when I visit him."

"It's okay to be nervous. Hell, I don't think I could do it. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for." Amy went over to her friend and gave her a hug.

"I have a great group of friends supporting me. You all have given me the strength to overcome all of this."

"And you've been a great friend to me." Amy and Dottie are both in tears. "We need to stop crying. Let's go have some fun while the boys are making the fans smile."

"Hi D! Hi A!" James runs into the room. Amy's light up when she sees Howie's Mini Me.

"Hello James!" She holds her arms open and the youngster runs to her. James jumps into her arms and Amy tickles him.

"Oh there he is." Leigh walks into the room. "Don't run away from mommy again."

"Hey Leigh." Dottie says as Leigh joins them. Amy is too busy playing with James to pay attention.

"Howie told me what's going on. The whole thing sucks."

"Yeah, it really does Leigh. I hope to get this settled once and for all. I think we are all tired of playing this game."

"I appreciate all you do, Dottie. Look how cute Amy and James are together. She's glowing." Dottie and Leigh watch the pair playing a clapping game. Amy is singing and James is giggling non-stop. Amy looks truly happy being with the toddler.

"A's really good with kids. She's going to be a great mom someday."  Dottie smiles picturing Amy and Brian with a houseful of kids.

"I haven't seen anyone glow like that since I was pregnant." Leigh commented. Amy set James down and bolted out of the room. Dottie wanted to run after her friend, but decide to give her a few moments. "Did I say something wrong?"

"You didn't mean to, Leigh. Amy's just really stressed right now. I can't get into at the moment. I'm sorry." Dottie stood up. "I need to go find her."

When Dottie got into the hallway she didn't see Amy. Damn it, that girl could walk fast. She didn't know whether to go right or left. She listened, but didn't hear anything. Dottie leaned against the wall trying to figure out where Amy went.

"Is everything okay, Dottie?" Howie asked as he stopped in front of her.

"Yeah. I'm just looking for Amy.  Have you seen her?" She played it off.

"She was heading to catering."

"Thanks, Howie." She gave him a peck on the cheek and went in the direction of catering.

Amy was sitting at the table eating a huge piece of cheesecake. Dottie saw that Brian got to the table before she did. She decided to let Brian handle Amy. They needed to talk. She decided to go find Nick and spend some quality time with him before the show.

"Amy, did something happen?" Brian asked lovingly. He was concerned that she had tears running down her face and was inhaling cheesecake like she would never eat again.

"I don't want to talk about it." Amy said between bites.

"Is the cheesecake any good?" He was going for a different tactic, since Amy didn't want to talk.

"It's delicious. Go get yourself a piece and bring me back a piece of red velvet cake."

Brian went to the dessert table. He grabbed the cheesecake and red velvet cake. AJ was grabbing of piece of apple pie.

"Amy must be really hungry today. That was her second piece of cheesecake." AJ laughed. "It's a good thing she's skinny."

"Fuck!  Something's up and she's not talking." Brian made his way back to the table. He placed the red velvet in front of Amy.

"Thanks." She placed a forkful of cake in her mouth.

"Are you the official taste tester for the Backstreet tour?" Brian joked. Amy looked at him and started to laugh.

"Bri, I'm sorry I'm an emotional wreck lately. With all the Glenna crap going on and the stress of the tour I don't know what is wrong with me." Amy told him. She didn't know if she should tell him the truth now or wait until she saw the doctor.

"It's understandable. I play basketball when I'm stressed. You cry. It's okay. I love you no matter what." He took her hand and gave her a kiss.

Right then she knew she had to tell Brian the whole truth about why she was going to Florida. Her behavior wasn't normal, and she didn't want Brian to think she was a crybaby. She was strong and hardly ever shed a tear unless something major happened. Now she was crying at every little thing.

"Bri, it's more than just being stressed. How many times have I cried since you've known me? Don't count this last week."

Brian thought for a few minutes. "Umm maybe once or twice. Baby, what's wrong?"

"I'm not going to Florida just to support Dottie. That's the main reason, but I'm going to see the doctor."

"What's wrong, A? Is everything is okay?" Brian questioned. His face was filled with worry.

"I'm fine. I promise I'm not dying or anything like that. I'm going to go see the gynecologist."

"Is this because of the condom issue?" Brian grabbed her fork and took a bite of her cake.

"Yes." She looked in his eyes. They were filled with love. That made Amy feel calmer.

"Did you miss your period?" Amy gave Brian credit. He didn't get uncomfortable talking about girly things. That made her smile.

"It's due tomorrow. I don't know if it's the stress of everything or I'm just imagining it, but I have a gut feeling that I may be pregnant." Amy whispered.

"Then I will be a happy daddy." Brian pulled her into his arms. He placed a kiss on her head.

"Really?" Amy asked in shock.

"Of course. I love you, and I will love every baby we have together."

Amy reaches up and kisses Brian. Their kiss shows how much they love and care about each other. Brian breaks away first, but doesn't let go of Amy. He pulls her onto his lap. "I know that everything is crazy right now, but once it's settled and the tour is over I want us to live together."

"I'd love to live with you, but I'm not moving to La La Land." Amy told him.

"I don't think I would be able to drag you away from Dottie." He laughed. "I think we can find a house in Florida. I'll even make sure it's close to her and Nick."

"You're the best! I love you."

"I love you, A."