- Text Size +

 

Chapter 30

 On the way to Jenn's office Dottie explains to everyone about her meeting with Jake. They are surprised and pissed about everything that transpired that last few years. It was shocking that it happened right under their noses. Each of them felt a little guilty being so wrapped up in their lives that they didn't see this coming.

"Nick, did you even notice Glenna making passes at you?" AJ asked laughing cynically.

"No. I tried my best to ignore that bitch. Sorry Brian." He apologized but continued talking. "I only had eyes for Dottie."

"Aww, that's so sweet." Amy squeezed her best friend's hand.

"Nick, you can call her any name in the book. I could care less at this point." Brian said indifferently. He just wanted Glenna out of his life forever. Brian wanted to move on with his life. That included Amy and hopefully a baby in the near future.

"I have a few choice names for her." AJ was upset. He couldn't keep his emotions hidden, especially when it came to someone messing with his family.

"J, calm down." Dottie placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Back to the subject." Jenn wanted to let everyone in on the plan her and Dottie came up with.

"So why are we here, Jenn?" Howie was curious about what was going on.

"Glenna will be dropping by this morning. She's going to be arrested for stealing your money. Here's what's going to happen." Jenn continued tell the guys about the plan.

An hour later Brian was sitting in the conference room waiting for Glenna and her lawyer to arrive. Brian's hands were shaking from the nerves. He didn't know if he could do this.

"Brian you need to calm down. Glenna is going to know something is up. Just pretend you're in a video and are acting." Jenn entered the room.

"I'm trying my best. I just have a lot of things on my mind."

"Well in less than an hour I expect you to be celebrating with Amy. By any indication of how Amy is currently feeling, you better go to the drugstore and get a pregnancy test."

"What do you mean?" Brian asked in confusion. No one knew about the possibility of Amy being pregnant, except for Dottie.

"Come on Brian. It's obvious. She just got done barfing her guts out. Amy has that glow about her. Call it women's intuition. I know these things. I've called every pregnancy in my family. I'm like a baby whisperer."

"I don't know what to say." Brian was dumbfounded.

"You're going to be the best daddy, Brian. If it's a girl name her after me."

Brian was getting ready to say something when the door opened. In waltzed Glenna and her lawyer. Glenna's appearance had changed since Brian saw her last. Her chestnut locks were now bleach blonde.  Glenna's boobs were bigger, making it noticeable that she got her breasts done. She was wearing a short tight business suit. What did he ever see in her? She oozed fakeness from head to toe.

"Good morning Glenna and Mr. Bakewell.  Thank you for coming on such short notice."  Jenn said politely.

"I was surprised when I received a call from you instead of Mr. Littrell's lawyer."

"Unfortunately, Brian's lawyer was unable to make it to Los Angeles. Since I'm Brian's manager I was asked to sit in on behalf of Mr. Parker.  It has come to the attention of the Backstreet Boys management team that some money has been stolen from one of our accounts." Jenn watched Glenna as she spoke.

Glenna remained calm and collected. She didn't even bat an eye. Brian was amazed at her attitude. She didn't even care that she was the one who stole the money. How could someone be so callous?

"What does this have to do with my client?" Mr. Bakewell asked. His demeanor wasn't as calm as when he first arrived.

"Well, you see Brian is currently paying five thousand dollars a month in alimony. Since the Backstreet Boys accounts are on hold until we switch over to a new bank, Ms. Armstrong will not be receiving her alimony check until later this month."

"What the fuck? You've got to fucking kidding me." She screamed out. Then she looked at her lawyer. "You fucking better do something. I need that money."

"Ms. Armstrong you need to calm down. You cannot talk like that."

"Hell no. That's my money. I'm owed that. You better fix this."  She screeched.

"Glenna, can you tell me how you know Jake Johnson?" Brian asked, following along with the plan.

"Didn't he work for you?" She played dumb. "He was the guy that framed Dottie for taking your money and got himself in the clinker."

"Anything else you want to share with me?"

"No." Her face turned pale as Brian took a picture out of the folder.

"Did you enjoy being his wife as much as you did being mine?"  He sneered at his ex-wife.

"Brian, I can explain."

At that exact moment Nick walked into the room. He sauntered over to the table and sat down right next to Glenna. She adjusted herself making sure Nick could see her ample cleavage.

"Well hello there Glenna. It's a pleasure to see a beautiful woman like you." He gave her the trademark Carter smile. Nick was full of hatred toward the woman that attempted to ruin the lives of the people he cared about.

"Hello, Nick. It's a pleasure to see you."

"The pleasure is all mine." He took her hand and placed a kiss on it.

Slowly AJ, Howie, Dottie and Amy walked into the room.  Each of them took a seat at the long table. Amy was at Brian's side, and Dottie was right beside Nick. She prayed that plan would work. Detective Barbero was in Jenn's office waiting to arrest Glenna.

"What's going on?" Glenna asked looking agitated.

"Well you see Glenna, it's like this. Apparently the woman I planned to love, honor, and cherish didn't feel the same way.  I come to find out that she only married me to steal my money. Money that I worked hard to earn." Brian explained evenly. He was surprised at how composed he was, when he was shaking on the inside. Amy was giving him strength.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Why would I steal your money?" Glenna played dumb. She didn't want her lawyer knowing the truth.

"Ms. Armstrong, I would be careful about what I am saying." Her lawyer warned her. "Where is the evidence?"

Jenn pushed the manila folder toward Mr. Bakewell. He took his time looking through the paperwork. His face was emotionless as he read. Glenna was starting to look nervous. She knew she had been caught.

Nick was holding Dottie's hand under the table. How could Glenna think he would fall for her? He had been in love with Dottie since the first day she started working for the Backstreet Boys.  

Amy's hand was slowly rubbing Brian's thigh. She could see how uptight he was being around Glenna. It saddened her to see him go through this, but it the end it would be worth it. He would free of Glenna for good.

"Excuse Ms. Sousa, is there somewhere I can speak with my client alone." He looked at Glenna. "She has some explaining to do."

"You can stay here. We'll leave and return in twenty minutes." Jenn replied. Everyone slowly got up and left the room.

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let us know! :)