- Text Size +

Fearful Renegade

Six

         

            AJ’s eyes slowly fluttered opened, the pounding in his head wasn’t that bad but it was there.  With a tired soft moan he raised his hand to his head and rubbed his eyes.  He felt something move beside him and then the memory of last night flashed through his mind.  The party at the center, the kiss at midnight, the drinks at his house, the dancing and then…

 

            He turned his head saw her sleeping beside him, his arm was under her as her back laid against him.  His sheet barely covering her upper body, he carefully rolled over, sitting up on his arm that was tucked under her as best her could.  Letting his eyes explore they wander down her body and flashes of her on top of him last night made him smile softly.  Slowly he leaned down pressing his lips to her shoulder and then they traveled up her neck.  Gently he pulled her hair away as his lips moved closer to her ear and the memory of kissing her like this last night as his chest pressed against her back danced in his head.  She mumbled something and he lifted his lips away as she slowly started to roll over.

 

“Morning” She mumbled half groggy and he wondered if her head thumped like his.

 

“Morning” He replied with a light smile.

 

She stared at him for a moment perhaps for the same reason he was staring at her, the lustful memories of the night before played back in their minds.  Leaning down he finally broke both of their stares and kissed her.  He pulled the sheets over them and pulled her closer to him.  His hands started to explore her body as his lips drifted down her neck but as his hands reached its goal between her legs, their sheets started too slide off them.

 

“What the…” AJ said as he pulled away quickly.  “Dew!!” AJ groaned as he saw his dog tugging the sheet off.  Siannah started laughing as AJ sat up and the dog jumped onto the bed and plopped himself down between his master and Siannah. “Seriously Dew not cool.”  He said to his dog as Siannah kept laughing.

 

“I think he needs to go out” She replied as she sat up holding the blankets around her.

 

He reached over and grabbed a pair of track pants he had on the floor and put them on.  When he stood up he walked out of the room.  “Let’s go!” Dew jumped off the bed as Siannah started giggling at how pissy AJ was. 

 

When he reached the door he opened it and let the dog saunter outside.  Closing the door he walked over to the stairs and back up to the room.  He walked over to his bed and sat down in front of Siannah. 

 

“Are you going home right away?” He asked as his fingers tangled with hers.

 

“I don’t have too” She replied and it made him lightly smile.

 

“I’ll get you something to wear.” He said still smiling as he got up from the bed.  Handing her a T-Shirt and a pair of his sweats he left the room so she could get changed.  When he went downstairs he opened the back door and let Dew in.

 

“You and I are going to have a talk when she leaves.” AJ said in a joking manner to his dog.  The animal paid him no attention as he walked over to his usual spot on the floor and lied down.  With a chuckle AJ walked over to his fridge and pulled out the carton of Orange Juice.  He grabbed two glasses from the cupboard and removed them from the shelf.  When he turned around Siannah was coming down the stairs.

 

“Are you hungry?” He asked.

 

“Not really, my head hurts too much right now” She replied with a light smile as she walked over to him.

 

“Here” He said turning around and reaching into another cabinet.   Pulling out a bottle of Advil he handed it to her.

 

“Thanks” She replied as she took it and opened the bottle.  He watched as she took out two pills and popped them into her mouth.  She then took the glass of Orange Juice he had pour and swallowed them.

 

“So” She said after she swallowed her juice.  “When’s your birthday?”

 

“Wow” He replied looking at her a little shocked.

 

“What?” She replied confused.

 

“I don’t think I’ve ever been ask that question by someone who’s not a reporter in years.” He replied with a gentle smile and she smiled back.  “Actually it’s coming up on the ninth.”

 

“Like, this month?” She replied a little shocked and he nodded. “Wait, that’s like, in a week.”

 

“Yeah” AJ replied with a light laugh.

 

“Are you doing anything?” She asked.

 

“Nope” He replied before taking a drink of his juice.  When he put his glass down she turned to him and let her fingers fall down his bare stomach.

 

She looked at him.  “Well you are now”

 

He was able to get in a small smile before her lips pressed against his. The two stood by his kitchen island passionately kissing and when they pulled apart, she took his hand and led him back upstairs to his bed.

 

When he awoke from that second time or the fifth time depending on how you were keeping count.  His eyes fluttered open as he saw Siannah staring back at him. A soft smile broke from his lips when he realized she had woken him with her kisses and then he realized she was dressed.

 

“You’re going?” He frowned.

 

“Becca called from the clinic one of the cats chewed open her stitches…”

 

“Ewww” AJ replied a little horrified.

 

“Welcome to my life.” She sighed.  “I need to go home and change, then go to the clinic.” He told him as he sat up. 

 

“Did you want to go out to dinner tonight?” He asked as he reached for his sweat pants.

 

“Sure” She replied with a smile.

 

“Wait is there anything opened?” He asked.

 

“Bella’s is.” She told him.

 

“That place by the harbor?” He asked as he stood up and she nodded. “Sweet” He replied and then he pulled her into his arms. “So I’ll see you tonight then?”

 

“Yes” She replied and he kissed her.  “I’ll call when I’m done at the clinic.” She said as he pulled away.

 

“Okay” He said and he hid the frown sad to see her go.

 

He walked her down to the front door and she said goodbye to Dew.  When the door closed he stood there for a minute.  Remembering everything over the past day he smiled.  It felt good to be touched again and held again and he couldn’t wait until tonight when he could feel it all again.

 

The rest of the day went by really slow as he waited for her call.  He watched some TV, took Dew outside for a bit, and even had a hot bath but the day just seemed to drag on until the moment the phone rang.  It still was weird hearing it ring; the only person that ever called him was his Mom.

 

“Hello?” He said into the phone.

 

“Hi, I’m home now” She said as he smiled.

 

“Sweet, what time do you want me to pick up at?” He asked.

 

“Mmm, around six?” She asked.

 

“Sounds good” AJ replied as he looked at the time.  He had an hour and a half so he went upstairs and started searching through his clothes for something to wear.  When he found what he was looking for he began the shower routine.  After he had showered, he got dressed, and then he walked over to his dresser.  He opened the drawer, reached inside picking up the rectangular box and dumped the last strip of condoms into his hand. Looking at them for a moment he found it funny, they had sat there for a while after he had picked them up one day grocery shopping.  His mind was blinded by a conversation he had with her only moments before and figured he’d rather have them then get stuck without them. Folding the strip up he tucked them into the inside pocket of his jacket; he then walked downstairs and let Dew outside.  He made sure his dog had a good run outside cause who knows he might not be back tonight.  Making sure Dew had enough food and water for the night he headed to Siannah’s. 

 

When he got there he parked on the street in front of her house and walked to the front door.  Pressing the small button beside the screen door her rang the bell and waited.  A moment later she opened the door with a smile.

 

“Hi” He said as she opened the door for him.

 

“I’m just about ready come in” She said as she stepped back to let him inside.  He walked into her house and there was no need to look around since he had been there a few times before.  “So have you ever been to Bella’s?”

 

“No but I always over here people talking about it.” He said as he watched her walk past him into another room.

 

When she walked back down the hall she reached into the bottom of the closet and grabbed her boots.  The dress she wore was a stunning grey satin, the shoulders were gathered at the top, with a long v-neck line into an empire waist, the dress went to her knees and he watched as she slipped on a pair of black pointed toe heels.  She reached up and grabbed her grey wool jacket and slipped it on.  When she pulled out her hair he watched it fall around her, it was thick and wavy and he loved how she had the sides gathered in big twists.  It was very Betty Page. 

 

“God you’re gorgeous.” He said and then realized he said it out loud.  Siannah lightly laughed but he could tell it was an embarrass laugh.  “I mean it” He said as he took her hand when she was done getting ready.  “You are stunning.”

 

“Thanks” She replied still blushing.  “So whose truck are we taking? Is yours on the road?”

“Yeah” He nodded.

 

“Kay we’ll take that one then.” She said as she grabbed her keys from her small purse.

 

“Sweet” AJ replied as he opened the door and headed outside.