- Text Size +

Fearful Renegade

Seven

 

When they arrived at the restaurant AJ saw the large cottage style building with the large wrap around deck.  He parked the truck and got out meeting Siannah on the other side.  He wrapped her arm through his and walked her across the parking lot making sure she or he didn’t slip on the ice.  He opened the door for her and she thanked him.

 

They got to their tables and sat down as the waiter gave them their menus.  He told them that someone would bring water and take their drink order and then left.  AJ scanned the plastic folder and noticed they had a bunch of everything here. 

 

“Excuse me” Someone said and AJ looked up from the menu.  He saw a woman standing in front of him and he found his palms getting sweaty.  “Are you AJ Mclean?”  Now his legs began to quake a little.

 

“Um” He said and his throat went dry, he cleared it and then spoke. “Yeah”

 

“Can I get you to sign this?” She asked and he lightly smiled.

 

“Sure” He replied and took the pen and napkin from her.

 

“So are you up here visiting?” She asked.

 

“Yeah” He replied as he finished his signature.  He handed the pen and napkin back to her.

 

“Awesome thanks so much hun.” She said with a bright smile.  “We miss you guys” AJ gave her a light smile and she turned and walked back to her table.  When he looked away he saw Siannah staring at him.

 

“You okay?” She asked with a slight frown.

 

“Yeah” He replied.  “Why?”

 

“You kind of went white there.” She told him.

 

“Oh” He replied but he wasn’t surprised.  He was in complete panic mode that whole time and he was shocked she didn’t see more than just him going white. 

 

“Are you sure you’re ok?” She asked.

 

“Yeah yeah, just outta practice, haven’t had that happen in a while.” He replied as he flashed a smile and looked back down at the menu.

 

The waiter came over and took their drink order.  They sat quietly as they continued to look over the menus.  He realized he had been a little too quiet and he wasn’t as freaked out about what happened

 

“So, what do you have planned for my Birthday?” He asked.

 

“I’m not telling” She replied with a scoff.

 

“Tell me” He said and she smiled.  “Tellll meee” He said jokingly like a little kid.

 

“Nope” She replied leaning in closer to him.

 

With a frown he looked back to the menu.  A minute later the waiter came and took their order.  They talked and held hands as they waited for their food.  When their food arrived the topic changed to him telling her about life as a kid, the movies and shows he did and she talked about her time in veterinarian school and when her family would come to the town for vacations. 

 

“It’s actually not that bad out tonight.” AJ said as they walked outside.

 

“No, it’s definitely warmer than it has been.” She said as he wrapped the belt to her jacket tighter.  “Did you want to go walk down the boardwalk?” She asked.

 

“Sure” He said as he put his arm behind her and they started walking.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” She said as they slowly walked down the wooden path along the shore line.

 

“Sure” AJ said as he looked at her noticing her tone was somewhat serious.

 

“What made you change your mind?” She asked and he looked at her a little confused.  “About letting me in.”

 

“Oh” He replied and the question made him smile lightly.  “It was the night of the storm, I haven’t sat down and just talked with someone in a while, especially a girl.”

 

“Really” She replied and he stopped walking.

 

“My track record ain’t the greatest and the one good thing I did have…” He paused and lightly sighed.  “I really like you, you’re funny, amazingly stunning…” AJ said and she blushed it made him chuckle.  “You’re relaxed and fun and really, really, really great at other things.” He said hoping she got the hint.  When she started to laugh and blush he knew she did.  “If you haven’t guessed already I’m pretty stubborn.”

 

“Yeah” She replied with a nod.  “It’s why I drove in a storm to drop off Dew’s toy.”

 

AJ looked at her and when he saw the look in her eyes he smiled.  “Clever” He said as he raised an eyebrow at her and she softly giggled.  “I was also worried”

 

“Why?” She asked.  “Because of the stalker?”

 

He nodded.

 

“I’m not scared” She said as she wrapped her arms through his and up his back.  “And you shouldn’t be either.”

 

“I’m not” He replied.

 

“Right” She said.  “That’s why you left the group, moved out here, waited a year to kiss me and turned white as a ghost when that fan walked up to you.” 

 

Busted.

 

“I don’t care about some crazy fan, who probably isn’t even following you anymore and I’m definitely not going to let her stop something that could be really special in my life.” She told him and it was his turn to blush.  “And I know you feel bad about Emily but if she was so easily scared off then her loss.”

 

“Siannah she was…”

 

“I don’t care.” Siannah said.  “When you love someone you stick by them no matter what and…”

 

“Hold up what?” He said looking at her.

 

“What?” She replied confused.

 

“You said when you love someone”

 

“Well yeah I mean I assume she loved you.” She replied and AJ eyed her wondering if there were more to that.  “So if she did why would she give up so easily? I know if I was her and someone was trying to hurt you the last thing I would do is leave.”

 

“I see your point” He replied with a light smile.  “And I get what you’re saying”

 

The wind picked up and AJ pulled his jacket closer to him.  They started walking again and this time it was his turn to ask a question.  “Okay my turn” AJ said and she looked at him as they continued to walk slowly down the walkway.  “When did you know you liked me?”

 

“Honestly?” She replied and that intrigued him.

 

“Honestly” He replied.

 

“When I first saw you at the Dog Park” Siannah told him.

 

“Really” He replied a little shocked.  “When did you see me at the Dog Park before I went to the clinic?” He asked.

 

“It was the day before.” She said.  “You were running around and he was chasing you, you were laughing and smiling and by then everyone in town knew about the guy in the cottage that never came out.”  He lightly laughed. “A Person like you don’t really come around a place like this that often.” She said and he grinned.

 

“Well I’m freezing where did you wanna go now?” He asked.  “Your place?”

 

“And leave Dew alone all night?” Siannah replied.  “We’ll go to your place.”

 

“Okay” He smiled as they returned the way they came and loaded into his truck.

 

When they got to his place Dew was happy to see both of them and greeted them at the door.  AJ took off his jacket and walked over to the backdoor letting his dog out.  When he closed it he turned to look at Siannah. 

 

“Did you want anything to drink?” He asked.

 

“No I’m good right now” She replied with a light smile.  He reached into the fridge and grabbed a beer, opened it, tossed the cap and headed over to the couch.  Putting the bottle down he sat beside her and then slid next to her.

 

“Hi” He replied with a light wiggle of his eyebrows.

 

“Hi” Siannah replied with a soft chuckle.

 

            “How’s that cat doing by the way?” He asked as he squished his face thinking about this morning.

 

“She’s fine” She replied laughing.  “I stitched her back up and put a cone collar on her.”

 

“Don’t you do that after the surgery?” He asked.

 

“No, it freaks them out when they’re waking up from the anesthetic, so we wait some don’t bother, some try and others succeed.” She told him.

 

“What’s the grosses thing you had to do?” He asked.

 

“At school, we went to Saskatchewan; they have a live stock school there, like for Cows, Horses, Sheep’s, and how to take care of them.”

 

“Cause it’s a lot of farm land out there right?”

 

“Yeah” She nodded.  “So any Vet school here makes you go there for two weeks and take a course, just in case, you need some knowledge.”

 

“So what did you have to do?” He asked and for a moment he thought he shouldn’t.

 

“I had to put on this long glove that went all the way to my shoulder and then stick my hand and arm up a cow’s ass.” She replied with a nod and a smile.

 

“Awesome” AJ replied with a light giggle.

 

“Yep” She replied.  “That’s why I stick to pets, nothing more the two fingers max.” AJ laughed and then took a sip of his beer.  Putting down the bottle he got up and walked over to the door and let Dew in. “So why did you pick Canada?” She asked after a moment.

 

“I’ve always liked it here, the cold can kiss my ass but it’s awesome out here.  So laid back but you all seem to still give a shit about things.” He said as he sat back down beside her.  “Not that they don’t back home, it’s just…a little different.”

 

“So why BC?”

 

“It reminded me of Northern California, so it was almost like I was kind of still home and plus the Island is a nice seclusion.” He told her.  “So be honest, have ya googled me yet?”

 

“No” She replied with a chuckle.

 

“Lie” He scoffed.

 

Slowly she leaned forward; her hand drifted up to his neck and her fingers gently brushed against his Skull and Rose tattoo. “Now why would I do that, it would be like peaking before Christmas it’ll ruin all the fun.”

 

He was impressed with her answer and even more impressed with it as her lips replaced her fingers on his neck.  His eyes closed and he gradually titled his head to the side.  Her lips began to trickle up to the bottom of his ear and then drifted down the edge of his jaw.  Wrapping his arms around her he pulled her over onto his lap as they’re lips grasped at each other.  Her nails drifted along the base of his hairline and he couldn’t help but let a soft moan escape his lips as he felt goose bumps pop up on his arms.

 

When she pulled away they were both breathless.  “Upstairs?” He exhaled.

 

“Mmhmm” She replied with a light nod and in one swoop he was carrying her in his arms and then headed to the bedroom.  As he carefully walked them up the staircase she gently let her lips explore his neck some more and when he reached the top they returned to back to his.  When he walked into his room he gently kicked the door closed with his foot and walked over to his bed.