- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another update. Let the drama begin!
Chapter 28


"So nice of you to drop in,"


Brian stood in front of Alexis, his arms extended to protect her. Kevin walked into the kitchen, smiling....but as Brian looked at him, he realized deep down this was not his cousin at all. When they'd looked in the refrigerator he knew nobody had been in the house for months. Part of him wondered if the clone even ate, but he remembered seeing the impostor eat.

"Always nice to see family come to visit." Kevin smirked.

"You're not my family. What have you done with him?" Brian snapped. Alexis looked at Kevin in complete confusion, she couldn't tell the difference this time. The Kevin clone was completely identical.

"I am Kevin."

"The hell you are. Where is he?" Brian asked again. He slowly opened the drawer and took out a large knife, holding it out for protection. Kevin simply chuckled.

"Do you really intend to hurt me, cousin? That's not very family like. Why don't you put the knife down and we will go somewhere to have a nice talk. She can come too." he said softly. Brian's heart thumped loudly inside his chest.....he knew the clone was up to something. Why hadn't he noticed him standing in the bushes, watching them arrive?

"Brian, maybe we shouldn't...." Alexis started, but he'd lunged at Kevin, knocking him over. She shrieked, the two of them wrestling in front of her as she managed to get out of the way.

"How dare you pull a knife on me!" Kevin grunted, falling into the cabinet door, the knife ripping his shirt.

"Where is Kevin? What are you up to?" Brian demanded, holding him there. Kevin got free and held him in a headlock, pulling a gun out of his pocket.

"BRIAN!!" Alexis shouted as he struggled. Kevin's grip was so strong that he couldn't catch breath....

"Ali, get out of here! Run! Run and...get....get help..."

"I'm not leaving you!" she protested. Brian managed to get free by kicking him, but only for a few moments. Kevin in turn smacked his head with the butt of the gun, causing him to fall down, blood running down his face.

"Come on, Ali. We are going to get help." a voice said, pulling her. She didn't move, her eyes fixated on Kevin's gun.

"I'm not leaving him....." she said as the man tugged her arm gently.

"Don't be stupid, now."

Alexis turned around and was shocked to see Nick standing there. He looked just the same, even his eyes.

"Nick?"

"DON'T GO WITH HIM!!" Brian screamed, and Alexis heard him getting hit again. Kevin cocked the gun and held it to Brian's head, Alexis watching in horror.

"Let's go, baby. I will take you somewhere safe." Nick smiled, but she backed away. Something didn't feel right.

"She's smart." Nick said as he looked at Kevin.

"I told you she wouldn't just go with you. Get her out of here." Kevin sneered, holding Brian tight as he struggled. Alexis realized then that they were both clones, and were working together....

"BRIAN!" she shouted, starting to run. Nick grabbed her as she began to scream, struggling to get away. He picked her up and carried her out of the house, his grip on her strong. He never faltered or tired as he threw her into the back of the van nearby.

"Let me go!!!" she shouted, pounding her fists on the window. He simply smirked and got into the car, turning to face her.

"You know too much to be released now, sweetheart."

"Why are you doing this?" she asked, but he didn't answer. Alexis opened her mouth to say something but a gunshot interrupted her, her eyes going wide.

"BRIAN! Please....I need to go back and make sure he's okay..."

"I don't think so." the double said, taking out a cell phone. He had it on speaker, and Alexis could make out AJ's voice.


"It's ok, Nick. I will hang out here until you're done."

"No!!!! AJ.....HANG UP!!!" Alexis screamed when the music began to play. The sound of Everybody drowned out her voice.....and then she heard electrical noises before the phone went dead on the other end. Alexis slumped down in the back of the van, sobbing....

"Shut the fuck up." the double said smugly as he started up the engine and drove away.




Nick was bored sitting at home so he decided to go and record some songs at the studio in town, the one Dave owned. He was not happy about working on the album, but it was better than sitting around his house all day.

"Nick, AJ's here." someone said, poking their head inside where Nick sat talking to the producer.

"Hey, AJ. What brings you by?" Nick asked. AJ walked in carrying a coffee, sipping on it.

"Thought I'd come and see you record, no reason." he said blankly. Nick thought this was odd, he hadn't told anyone he was recording at all except for Howie and Brian.

"Ok well, I'm going to go in the booth. Want to wait until I'm done?" Nick asked hesitantly. He ignored the little voice inside that said to get AJ out of there. AJ's cell phone went off and he picked up.

"Hello?"

"AJ?"

"It's ok, Nick. I will hang out here until you're done." he said with a wave. Nick went into the booth to record, putting on the headphones as he tried to ignore the sick feeling he got in his stomach.