- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in updating. Been working on some other projects. Hope you all enjoy this chapter although it is a short one!
Chapter 29


Dead.....Nick....dead....

Alexis sat in the van as Nick's clone drove her to some unknown destination. She really wanted to fight back but she was numb.

"I love you..."

Nick's voice floated through her head and she slumped in her seat, finally starting to cry.

"Shut the fuck up." the clone snapped from the driver's seat. He looked just like Nick, down to his expressions and mannerisms....but his personality was very brash and rude.

"If you're just like Nick, why are you so fucking rude?" Alexis snapped back as she wiped her eyes.

"He's weak, I have no desire to be like him just because I look like him. I'm better than the original.....and I mean in every department." he smiled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Alexis asked. The van came to a stop and he leaned over the seat, smiling.

"I could show you."

He was answered with a slap to the face, the smile sliding right off of it as she bruised his over-inflated ego.

"You will NEVER replace Nick." she said. The van started again, once more heading down the road.

"You're gonna regret doing that," he whispered, rubbing his cheek where the red mark was appearing. They drove the rest of the way in silence until the van got to a small building. Alexis was taken inside to a room and locked in.

"Now what?" she asked aloud.




She sat alone for a long time, thinking of what would happen to her....would they ever let her go? Would she die? She wasn't sitting there long before the door opened again and Brian came tumbling in, his head slamming into the wall.

"Oh my god. BRIAN!!!" Alexis cried in surprise. The door slammed shut and locked again....Brian lay there with a large gash on his face that was bleeding. Alexis was shocked to see him, she'd been convinced that he had been shot by Kevin...and here he was in front of her.

"Alexis?"

"Brian, stay awake...." she begged. She took a handkerchief from her pocket and placed it on his face, putting pressure on the cut.

"I'm so glad you're okay." he whispered, his head in her lap.

"Nick isn't....Brian I think Nick's gone." she said tearfully. All she could hear in her mind was Nick's screams as his clone cackled in the front seat of the van.

She just really hoped her suspicions were inaccurate.





Nick was feeling tired as he followed Kevin....his chest felt heavy from nearly dying in the fire only hours before.

"Nick, come on. We can't stop now. They need us." Kevin urged. Nick put up his hand, kneeling on the grass and feeling light-headed.

"I can't....I can't run anymore."

"Are you okay?" Kevin asked. Nick shook his head as Howie pulled up in his car.


"Thank god." Nick wheezed, falling over onto the grass.






"You guys all right? I heard the studio was on fire!"

"Howie, we need to find Brian and Alexis. Where are they?" Kevin said. Howie looked at him oddly, studying him. Nick wondered why until he realized Howie didn't know this was actually their Kevin.

"Is it really you?" Howie gasped.

"Of course it is me."

"Well Nick isn't dead, so I'm gonna trust you."

"Gee, thanks guys." Nick snapped. Kevin helped him up and they got into the car, relieved that they had found someone who could help them.

"Thank goodness we ran into you, Howie.....Nick wasn't into running anymore." Kevin joked. Howie turned on the engine and smiled at them, starting it up. Nick couldn't explain it, but he suddenly felt that he wasn't safe here. His stomach was flipping, and he kept looking around nervously as Howie drove down the street.

"Nick, what's wrong?" Kevin whispered. Nick kept looking at Howie, but there were no signs that anything was out of the ordinary. He just couldn't shake the feeling of dread.

"We shouldn't be here." he whispered back. Kevin looked puzzled and just turned back around, Nick was even more nervous than before.

"Do you know where they might be?" Kevin asked. Nick couldn't hear anything they were saying, voices started to clog his mind. All whispering to him.....he began to sweat.

"I dunno. Let me turn on the radio, maybe some music will help us think better." Howie suggested, reaching for the knob.

"NO!!!!" Nick screamed. Howie slammed on the break, causing all of them to fly forward.

"What the heck is your problem?"

"Don't turn on the radio....." Nick breathed, shaking.

"Nick, I'm not under mind control. There's nothing to worry about." Howie said with a smile. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at Kevin, Nick's eyes went wide.

"Give me the gun, I'll finish it for you." Kevin offered. Nick shrunk back in his seat, trying to undo the belt buckle when he heard the trigger.....





"NICK!!!" Kevin shouted. Nick snapped opened his eyes, he must have been dreaming. They were in the car still and he'd passed out somehow. He still felt light-headed but weary of Howie now, who was smiling at him.

"There's nothing to worry about."

As they drove, Nick kept feeling uneasy. At the end of the road there were two black vans blocking the way, Nick knew they were there for a reason.

They were waiting for him.