- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I've been on a real roll with this so far. Hoping you're all enjoying it :) thanks for reading!
Chapter 5



"How could he have survived, Richardson? I told you to make sure he was left behind...."

"I'm sorry.....I promise I won't fail again...but he is at the hospital now, he hasn't woken up yet so it would be easiest to take him while he is still vulnerable..." Kevin said, rubbing the back of his head as he talked. He couldn't believe Nick had been found after the explosion, if only those fans hadn't gotten in the way....

He knew what had to be done.



"Morning ladies." Brian said, walking up to Amber and Renee as they met in the elevator going to Nick's room. Amber couldn't stop herself from finding out what she wanted to know, the nightmare....or the vision, she wasn't sure what it was, but she knew she had to ask.

"Brian, Nick asked you to cancel the show, didn't he?" she said suddenly as the elevator doors closed.

"Amber, don't ask him that..." Renee scolded her.

"How do you know?" Brian wondered, his curiosity piqued. How did this girl know so much about what happened in the dressing room?

"Nick asked to cancel the show because he knew something would happen. Why didn't Kevin listen to him?" Amber asked. Brian looked down at his feet in shame, the only sound was the elevator moving.

"I don't know how you know all of this, but Kevin said no. Flat out- no. All Nick told us was that someone was-"

"Messing around with the electrical equipment....and he was wearing a red jacket?" Amber said. They got off of the elevator and walked towards Nick's room, Renee ahead of them.

"Amber, how did you..."

"Nick's gone!" Renee exclaimed suddenly, disrupting their conversation. Brian ran after her, expecting Nick dead....

The bed sheets were hanging off of and Nick was nowhere to be found. Growling in frustration, Brian threw the sheet down and ran, seeing two men carrying Nick's body down the hallway to the elevators.

"Someone stop them!!!" he shouted, but nobody answered him. Brian tried to catch the elevator but it closed. Punching it, Brian shouted at the door as Amber and Renee ran over.

"Why would someone kidnap him? And why from a hospital?" Amber asked.

"We have to stop them..." Brian said, running for the stairs. Amber knew she was going with him no matter what, she had to find out what all of this meant. She dashed down the stairs after him, leaving Renee in her wake.

"STOP!!!!" Brian screamed. He saw Nick being thrown into a van....a red van parked outside. The van started and Brian ran in front of it, banging on the hood.

"Brian, are you crazy?" Amber screamed, after the van nearly ran him over. She helped him up, Brian kicking at the dirt.

"Son of a bitch! We have to catch him....I need a car..." he muttered. Amber looked around wildly as Renee ran up to them.

"Renee! Give me your car keys....we have to stop that van! You go inside and get help..." she shouted. Renee tossed her car keys and Amber grabbed Brian's hand, pulling him towards the car. They got inside and peeled out of the parking lot, hot on the trail of the van.

"Hey, wait for....me..." Renee said, but the dust cloud was her only reply.



"Are you TRYING to get me killed?" Brian screamed as Amber weaved in and out of traffic. The red van was ahead of them and trying to escape.

"Do you want to catch them or not? God I thought you were one of the smart ones...." Amber yelled back. Brian heard his cell phone begin to ring and picked it up as Amber nearly hit a cyclist that flipped her off.

"Yeah, same to you asshole!"

"Hello?" Brian asked timidly.

"Where the fuck are you?" Kevin's voice demanded. Brian had to hold onto the car in order to keep himself from sliding, the car was swerving so violently...

"I....uh....New Jersey? Stop trying to kill me! Slow down!" Brian shouted, nearly toppling over in his seat.

"You better not wreck my car, Amber...I swear to God I will kill you!" Renee's voice blared over the phone. Amber grabbed Brian's phone and threw it behind her.

"Looks like we got disconnected."

"Disconnected my ass. What is your problem?" Brian said angrily, his face red. They were driving through the woods now, he had no idea where the car was or where they were headed. They followed the van closely through some back roads and had been lucky so far, but as time passed....Brian hoped they weren't too late to rescue Nick.

"They stopped." Amber whispered, gently tapping on the brake pedal. They watched Nick being carried out, he was very pale....his head lolling to one side like a rag doll.

"Now what do we do?" Brian asked after the men had disappeared into the building. It looked like an abandoned warehouse, with no windows or distinguishing landmarks nearby. Thick trees covered the landscape around the clearing, so thick the sky was not visible through the branches.

"Why am I the one who has to think of everything? I got us here! If it wasn't your fault, we wouldn't be in this situation." Amber snapped.

"How the hell is this my fault? You drove the car!" Brian shouted back. The two of them argued until they heard guns clicking.

"This is....not good."

"No shit, sherlock." Amber said as the men dragged her and Brian inside. They were locked in a small room, their hands tied behind their backs.

"Now what?"

"I guess we sit here and think of a way to get out of here. Wherever we are, they've got Nick here too. He's counting on us." Amber said thoughtfully. The last thing she ever imagined doing on her weekend off was being locked in a room with a Backstreet Boy, much less Brian Littrell. She didn't know how they'd get out, but she knew Nick was running out of time.



Nick blinked as he woke up....feeling incredible pain, his leg throbbed badly.

"Brian?" he moaned weakly...where was the fire? What had happened to him? Nick found himself strapped to a table, a light shining overhead.

"Ah, he's awake." someone said in the darkness, walking towards him. He was wearing a white lab coat....and glasses that reflected the light.

"Let me....let me go..." Nick pleaded. He felt so drained, like all the energy had been sucked from him. All he felt was the pain in his chest and his leg.

"I'm afraid it's time to say good night, Nickolas." the voice said, a needle shining in his hand. Nick struggled, tears spilling down his cheeks as he screamed....but his restraints held him back. He felt the needle prick him and he fell swiftly into unconsciousness, the man's laughter echoing in the darkness.