- Text Size +
Tomorrow came and went. The weekend was there and she wouldn't be. Neither would he. Something as simple as going for a morning coffee during the week was something he never thought he'd look forward to. Neither did meeting Maggie online. Never in a million years did he think he would look forward to making a meeting on his computer. However that weekend they both had made plans. She was having dinner with her friends Saturday night and he was attending a friend's wedding out of town. For most people that had been dumped where he was, six months might have been too soon but not for him. He loved seeing two people so in love. Considering this guy was the last person anybody ever thought would take that plunge with his family history. His parents weren't exactly the greatest example of the forever kind of love everybody dreams of finding. Nick had found it in Chelsea. Brian's were the epitome of that kind of love. Forty five years strong. Everybody he knew wanted to set him up nowadays but he politely told them he wasn't ready. Maybe he was and he was just avoiding physically getting back out there. Maggie was enough. At least he thought she was until he found himself making eye contact with the girl in the coffee shop. It may sound stalkerish but he took a picture of her that day when she was lost in her music. He pulled his I phone out and went to his gallery; pulling up her picture.

“Who's the girl?” He heard the voice come from over his shoulder. It was his friend Alex.

Closing the application, he stuffed it back in his slacks pocket.”Nobody.”

“Didn't look like nobody to me Rok. She's pretty in that plain jane sort of way. Doesn't seem like your type.”

“What is my type AJ? Blond and silicone?” He defended.

“Hit a nerve did I?”

“You all act like I should only fall in love with the big breasted California girl types.”

AJ raised his brow.”Well the last two have kind of proven that theory. Who is the girl anyway?”

“Some girl at the Starbuck's I go to every morning.”

“Why haven't you hit her up? You obviously want to.”

“I don't think she's the type that you just hit and quit.”

“I don't know about that Big Bri. The innocent looking ones are usually the most deceptive. Couldn't hurt to try could it?”

He shrugged. Maybe it was time to take that leap back into the real world.”I guess not.”

“I know Leigh crushed you pretty hard but being here today for Nick just proves that you're gonna make it and you are going to find that girl. The one that fits you.”

He was right. He made it through the ceremony and a better part of the reception. He'd have this all again. In time.”I needed that. Thanks.”

“You've been there for me more than you know. It's what friends do.”






“So who's the latest victim?” Camille teased their friend Jaz(Jasmine) that Saturday night at dinner.

All her friends had these great names. Camille. Jasmine. Deidre Then her. Plain old Maggie. No wonder men ever looked at her twice. Why bother to impress them because when they heard your name it was as if you had some sort of disease. She didn't hate her parents but she didn't exactly care for the choice of name they gave her. Why couldn't she have a French name or a flower you'd find on a lush tropical island. Men never dreamed of taking her to exotic places. Diedre had been to the Bahamas, Camille to Jamaica and Jasmine had been somewhere on the other side of the world where the water was as clear as day and you could see rainbow colored fish swimming at your feet.

It didn't bother her so much that they got the trips but she should have been the girl to get married first with a name like Maggie. Plain,simple and a babymaker. That's the image conjured up with her name. But there was that guy in the coffee shop. The one that set her motor running. He looked at her as more than just plain and simple. She'd never been told she was plain and simple. It's just the way she felt. Maybe contacts were worth looking into.

“Hey Mags! Where'd you go?” Jaz inquired.

“Yeah Mags! Got a man story to share with us this week?”Camille smiled.

It must have shown from the goofy grin she didn't realize she had on her face.”Not really.”

“Come on Maggie. You're smiling like a fool and you're wearing your hair down these days. Doesn't take a genius to figure there's a guy lurking somewhere,”Deidre added.

“That's all he's doing.”

“What do you mean?”

“Some guy at the coffee shop.”

“What about this little internet romance you've got going? Won't this guy get jealous?” Jaz teased.

“It's not a romance. He's just a friend but the guy at the coffee shop is real and he's cute. I don't know why he'd even bother to smile at me.”

“He smiled at you?”Camille leaned in.

:”It's silly really. I was listening to Big Time Rush on my computer and chair dancing when I looked up and saw his smile. I was so embarrassed.”


“Mags.”Camille took her hand being the nearest to her. ”You've got to get over this I'm not cute enough thing cuz guys were lining up in our college dorm just to ask you out. Your parents are to blame for these self-esteem issues. If you really like this guy, we're gonna teach you how to get him to come to you.”

“So tell us about him girl,”Jaz urged.

“Does he have a nice butt?” Deidre grinned.

“De!” Maggie protested.

“He does!” Jaz smirked.

“You guys!”

“Nothing wrong with that. You need something to grab onto when he's fucking you senseless.”

“Nice ladies. Let's not start there. Let's get her hooked up before they HOOK UP,” Camille interrupted. “But they are right,” she added. ”So you let the hair down finally. That's a good start. Ever thought of contacts Maggie? You have gorgeous eyes and they're hiding under those glasses.”

“I was thinking about that. He has these amazing blue eyes. So soft and kind.”

“Oh she's lost it. I can't wait to meet this guy,” Jaz stated.

“Be serious for a minute would you guys? Our friend here wants some help in a world she has very little experience in. Let's give her our serious expertise okay?”

“You're no fun,”Deidre pouted.


“She's right De. Mags deserve to have a good man and he sounds like he just might be what the doctored ordered.,”Jaz replied to Deidre.

“I'm sorry Mags. You really like this guy don't you?”

She nodded.

“Then let's start operation makeover Maggie after we get our check”

Hopefully it wouldn't this one wouldn't nose dive before it even took off