- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


I know it's been forever and I hope you haven't forgot Maggie and Brian. I know I've missed them. I hope you have too. Enjoy!




“I’m so glad we had dinner with Chris and Trish tonight,” Brian commented as Maggie searched for her set of keys.

“You are?” Maggie looked up from her searched; surprised.

“Why are you so surprised? Oh. Yeah.”

“But what changed your mind?”

“I learned from this very beautiful woman that everybody deserves a chance before you judge them.”

“You like seeing me blush don’t you?” She could feel the heat rising in her cheeks.

“It just makes you all the more gorgeous angel.”

“Brian?”

“Yes darlin’?”

“ How ‘bout we go into my apartment, make some popcorn, snuggle up and watch a movie?” Her lips were a breath away from his.

“Sounds like the perfect end to our Saturday night.”

“I think so too.” Maggie smiled and turned; withdrawing that promise of a kiss. She attempted to locate her keys and Brian’s arms slid around her waist.

He nuzzled her neck then whispered in her ear,” You cheated Maggie Sue.”

“I think we’d better get inside because my neighbors won’t appreciate your public display like I do.”

“Then what’s holding you back?”

“You. You’re distracting me.”

“I just got my arms around you angel. I do it all the time.”

“And it’s distracting all the time.” Maggie answered while locating her keys at the same time.

“That’s the idea,” he whispered.

She could feel the smirk as his lips met the skin on her neck. She managed to unlock the door and they walked inside with his arms still around her. His lips were far too distracting. “Brian Thomas.” She attempted to scold him but it was a weak one at that.

“Yes angel of mine?” He replied sweetly. He was working up the nerve to make the proper invitation for the prom so any way he could forget that he was going to have to do that tonight, he was all for it.

“Could you cool it down for a couple seconds?”

“I thought you liked me all warm and cuddly,” he pulled away from her and she turned the light on behind him.

After setting her purse and such on the end table by the door, she could see him pouting. She was starting to learn his little tricks as to how he was going to get a kiss out of her or when he was in the mood. This wasn’t the in the mood. He just wanted a kiss. She pressed her hands against his chest then her lips against his. “Did I make it all better?”

“You’re getting way too good at reading me angel,” He teased as his arms closed around her.

“So why are you holding me hostage now?”

“I have a question I want to ask you and you’re going to think I’m out of my mind when I do.”

“Brian, I would never think that unless you asked me to barrel over Niagra Falls with you.”

“Well dang it. There goes that plan.”

“Brian!” She smacked his chest lightly and he met her protest with a gentle kiss.” Now who’s not playing fair?”

“Are you gonna let me ask my question?”

“What will you give me if I do?”

“So you have to have something in return for this?”

“No. I was just seeing if you would give something up.”

“I’d give you the world for anything Mags. You know that.”

“I know and I love you for that. So fire away.”

He took a deep breath. “Maggie Sue, will you be my date for the prom?”

Okay, that did throw her for a loop. “Prom?”

“I know it’s crazy but I know you never went to yours and I just wanted to give you a night to remember as they say.”

She didn’t know whether to laugh or cry so she smiled and weakly attempted to hold back the tears.” You are the sweetest man in the world Brian Littrell and yes, I will go to the prom with you.”

“So these are happy tears then?”

“Yes. So, do my friends know about this?”

“Yes.”

“Is that why your friends were here last week?”

“Yes. They helped in the planning but it was my idea.”

She rewarded him with another kiss. “You are absolutely amazing.”

“Well don’t give me too much credit until the night we get there.”

“Which is?”

“Two weeks from tonight.”




The next afternoon after services, Maggie and the girls were having what was known as their weekly meeting man free. If they got together any other time now, it was up in the air as to whom would or wouldn’t show up. Now that most of them had men in their lives, they just knew it was going to be that way. Maggie had arrived at the restaurant first and got them a table.

She ordered an iced tea and waited for the rest of them to show up.

“Mags!” Deidre greeted as she and Jasmine arrived together.

Maggie stood and gave them each a hug before they all sat.

“How is it you always look like you’re glowing? Oh yeah, you have a hot little man now,” Jasmine teased.

“ You’re not gonna believe what he asked me last night either.”

“Hey Maggie! So what did Mr. Wonderful ask you last night?” Camille inquired as she joined them.

“Can I get you ladies anything to drink?” the waitress interrupted as she sat Maggie’s iced tea in front of her.

Maggie thanked her and she proceeded to get their orders before leaving them to their conversation.

“So?” Deidre raised her brows.

“He asked me to go to Prom and I know you guys are in on it so you don’t have to be surprised.”

“Well I’m glad he finally did. It took him long enough,” Camille replied.

“You got the good one of the group Mags. That friend of his, AJ is a total prick,” Deidre added.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad,” Maggie responded.

“Have you met him?! They all thought you were a gold digger.”

“Only half of them,” Jasmine said.

“He and Nick were pretty awful the night I met them but they came to the library to apologize to me without Brian knowing about it. Does that really sound like they’re such bad guys?” Maggie stood up for them.

“First impressions Mags,” Deidre shook her head.

“I think you like him. In fact if I recall the look on your face when you guys started telling me all about the group, you couldn’t wait to get your hands on him.”

“That was before I met him. Nobody talks about my friend that way and gets away with it. I don’t care who they are.”

“I gave them a second chance. Maybe you could do it for me? I mean if you don’t like him after that then I won’t push it.”

“Promise?”

“Have I ever not kept a promise to you?”

“Good point. So when are we going dress shopping?”