- Text Size +

After the writing I went off to bed. My energy lever was pretty low, given all the things that happened last week. The next day was going to be a busy one. Right before I was turning of the phone I received a text from Brian.


Hey buddy, I hope you’re doing alright. About Saturday, we all have been invited to a ball masque. I know you might not be in the right mood for it but maybe it’s good to set your mind on something else. Chirp Chirp.


I’ll think about it! – Skuleeroz

I turned off the phone. I really had to think about it. At this point it was a no but maybe it would change into a yes. I went upstairs and walked into the bathroom. I watched myself in the bathroom mirror and I felt depressed and alone. At that point I realized that Mandy wasn’t coming back. She had picked up her stuff yesterday and today and officially moved out. The house felt so empty without her. I took a deep breath. I had a lump in my throat and felt tears well up. I cleared my mouth and walked into my bedroom. I closed the curtains and went to bed.


The next couple of days were filled with work, meetings and studio time. I felt pretty exhausted at the end of the week and still hadn’t decided if I would join Brian to the party. At Friday around seven in the evening I was done working. I was in the studio getting ready to leave when my phone blurted out “Sweet Child of Mine” by Guns n’ Roses. I answered the phone .“Alex”. “Hi sweetie, it’s mom. How are you?” “Hi mom, I’m okay. I’ve been working today and been in some meetings. And I’m pretty tired right now.” “I completely understand baby. Are you going home now?” “Yes I am.” “Do you like it if I stopped by, tonight? I’ll bring food!” “Ah, thanks mom. I appreciate it.” “I’m your mom sweetie. That’s what moms do. Okay, then I’ll see you in an hour?” “Sure” “Okay, bye.” “Bye”.  And I grabbed my bag and left off to the car.


During the car drive I thought about the upcoming party tomorrow. Maybe I should go. Maybe it was a good idea, like Brian said. Clearing my  head a bit after this exhausting week. I sighted deep.  I arrived at the house and got inside. While awaiting for mom I made coffee. The coffee was running and I decided to set the table for diner.  My thoughts wondered of to Mandy but I quickly pushed them away. Not now.


After a couple of minutes I heard the front door and mom’s voice sounded through the hall “Alex?”. “I’m in the kitchen” I yelled. I couldn’t walk up to her straight away ‘cause I had my hands full with dinner plates and cups. I walked into the living room with my hands full and mom came up to me and gave me a kiss. “Hi, are you okay?” I asked. “Yes thank you sweetie. And you?” she gently cupped my face with her hands and looked into my eyes the way only a mom does “Honest”. I sighed in deep. “It’s hard but I’ll manage” I answered as tears welled up. I felt a big lump in my throat and mom took the tableware out of my hands and brought it to the table. “Ah honey. I know it’s hard.  She walked back towards me and hugged me. “Sit down and relax, I’ll make you dinner” she said as she guided me to the dinner table.  She walked off to the kitchen to warm up the left over’s. Soon the smell of grilled chicken and veggies came into the room. I felt my stomach rumble, I was so hungry.


I heard the bell of the oven and mom came back into the room with diner. We sat down and ate. We talked about her day. She’d been working at the office of the fan club all day. It was a busy time now. The Backstreetboys were about to release a new album and mom and her team were updating the website and having contests and all. Next week we had our major press conference to present our new album. I was proud at what we had accomplished with this one. It was a pop – rock album. A little old school BSB style combined with a little Latin and a little Rock like I did on my first solo record. A new fresh album. A good thing, especially right now everything is a mess in my life. To take my mind of things. “Sweetie, what are your plans for the weekend?” “Brian asked me to come over. He asked if I’d like to come along to a Ball Masque. But I’m not sure”. “Why not? I think it’s a great idea. Relieving some stress, have a little fun. Smile a little. I really think you should go.” She smiled.


Later that night I texted Brian that I’d join them at the party.

Awesome see ya tomorrow. In case you don’t have a costume, I have a spare one! – Chirp


On Saturday I awoke early, ate breakfast and cleaned the house. Around twelve I took the car to get some groceries.  Afterwards I got home and packed a travel bag for the night and drove off to Brian’s. It was a forty five minute drive and luckily I didn’t had any traffic jams.


I arrived at Brian and Leighanne. As I got out of the car a cute little blonde guy with curls ran up to me “Uncle AJ, Uncle AJ…. Yeaaahhh” and hugged my right leg. I chuckled “Hey little fella. Did you miss me?” and I bend over to pick him up. He got his little arms around my neck and I picked him up. Baylee had a big smile on his face and gave me a big wet kiss on my cheek. “Ah, thank you little buddy”. “Uncle AJ, are you staying over tonight?” “Yes I am”. “yeah, that’s fun” Baylee cheered “You can sleep on my room. I have a new pirate bed”. “You do? Boy, I’m jealous. I don’t have a beautiful bed like that. You should be really proud of that” I smiled. Behind me I heard footsteps and as I turned around with Baylee still in my arms I saw Brian walking towards us, with bags of groceries,  with a big smile. “Hey, I see Baylee already welcomed you?” he  grinned. “Yep, he did" I nodded.