- Text Size +

While watching a movie he noticed Kirsten’s sad facial expression “What’s wrong sweetie?” He sat up straight and wrapped his arm around her. “I dunno, I…” she took a deep breath “I couldn’t help thinking about this being our last week together.  We have been avoiding the subject a little but the time is almost there for you to leave” she said quietly looking at the floor. She felt a big lump in her throat and fought to hold back the tears. Nick cupped her face and gently lifted it up to where he could look into her eyes. A tear slowly made his way down her face. Nick wiped the tear away with his thumb and kissed her softly. “I know, It’s gonna be hard work and very long days for me and the guys. And I apologize already for you having to spend time on your own or with the others while we are in rehearsals or backstage tours with the fans” Nick smiled. Kirsten looked at him with confusion “What are you talking about? I can’t come with you. I have to work next week. I already told you. Besides I don’t have any days left  forthis year and… .” Nick pointed his finger at her mouth “Shhht baby, the situation has changed. You are coming with me. Trust me” he got up and walked to the dresser that was in the corner of the room. He took an envelope out of the drawer and walked back to the couch. “I want you to open the envelope, read the documents inside and take a moment to let it all sink in. Meanwhile, I’m going to get us something to drink and when I’m coming back I expect to see you with a big beautiful smile on your very pretty face” he handed over the envelope and kissed her forehead. He took both glasses and went to the kitchen.

Kirsten opened the envelope and felt her heartbeat rising rapidly inside her chest. She couldn’t believe him. She didn’t had any days left and there was no one else who could take over her work. She took out the documents and laid them in front of her on the table. The first document she opened and read was the confirmation of her plane ticket. Her jaw dropped with disbelieve. This was a document which said that this ticket was booked on her name and that she had to board next Monday at twelve noon. She took the second document. It was the booking confirmation of the hotel where she and Nick (and she guessed the other guys too) would stay. It was a 5* hotel.  Seeing her name together with Nick’s on the booking reservation made her feel all warm inside. She carefully placed that document on the table and took the last one out. This was an e-mail between Nick and her boss confirming that Kirsten could take off while being on tour on Nick’s costs but that her salary was still paid by the company. He wrote that they would be fine without her for a couple of weeks. But there was a ‘but’ involved. Her boss wrote that he only gave permission if Nick did everything in his power to make Kirsten happy. He wanted to see Kirsten in a couple of weeks with a big smile on her face glowing of happiness.  “My god, baby. I can’t believe this” she got up and hugged Nick who just put the glasses on the table.. “Thank you so much” she whispered as tears rolled over her face “ I mean it. I’m speechless. This is amazing. Thank you”. He pulled her close and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “You didn’t really believe that I could be without you for so long, now did you?” he played with a string of her hair. “Honestly Kirsten, I can’t live without you. I knew that for sure when we had that big fight about Kirk. I felt so miserable without you” he said hoarse. “Me too” she said quietly “I’m sorry if I hurt you that day Nick”. “Don’t. I was to blame, not you” he smiled and kissed her. “I love you and I’m very, very happy that you are coming with me on tour. So tomorrow you and I have to start packing” he tickled her. Kirsten cracked “Stop, stop, oh please stop”. Nick stopped the tickling “So do you have a proper suitcase? If not you can get one of mines. I have plenty in the attic” he sat down. “I do have a large one. Though I don’t know if that’s enough for what you have to pack for tour” she said with a little doubt in her voice. “Doesn’t matter. You show me that thing tomorrow and then you pick another one from me. One is not enough. Not for the amount of weeks we’re going. Two is gonna be a close call but we’ll see. Three is definitely maximum. We don’t want to overdue the budget that is available for our traveling”. “And you also have to help me in what to bring with me.” “I will, but I think it’s also a good ideaand  if you called Rochelle or Leighanne tomorrow. Perhaps she can help also”. “That’s a good idea sweetie, I will”.

They finished their beverages and went to be bed. They curled op at each other and quickly fell asleep with a smile on their faces.