- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

update 08-17-2012

 The next day Nick told Kirsten he had a last BSB meeting to discuss the last things before the tour would start. He left around one thirty.

 

Kirsten was busy finishing her packing when the phone rang.

 

“Carter residence, this is Kirsten” she answered the phone.

 

“Hi Kirsten, it’s Kevin”.

 

“Oh, eh hi Kev, how are you?” She was surprised. Shouldn’t he be at the meeting too?

 

“I’m fine, thank you. Busy packing. And you? I’ve heard you’re joining us on tour”

 

“I’m almost done. Nick warned me not to over pack” she grinned.

 

“Hehe I understand why he did that. I have a wife of my own, I need to warn her every tour”.

 

 “Haha, well I’m curious who’s having more luggage, you guys or I. My bet is on AJ”.

 

“Yeah, you could be right about that” he laughed.

 

“But eh, shouldn’t you be at the BSB meeting?”

 

“BSB meeting? I don’t know of any. Why?”

 

“Well, Nick just headed off to one half an hour ago. He said it was to discuss the last things before the tour would start”

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yeah, seriously”

 

“Hold on okay, I’ll get my organizer. I have a list of meetings with BSB. I can’t believe I missed out on one”.

Kirsten waited for Kevin. After a couple of minutes he came back on the phone.

 

“Kirsten, I’ve double checked the list, my e-mail and my text messages but zero meeting today. I even called Brian to check and he didn’t knew of a meeting today either. So I don’t know what Nick’s up to but wherever he is, it’s no BSB meeting”.

 

Kirsten stayed silence. She couldn’t believe Nick was lying to her. Why would he say he had a meeting when it wasn’t true?

 

“Listen, I’m sure he had a perfectly good explanation for this”

 

“Yeah, sure” she sighed “but I really can’t stand it when people lie to me. No matter what reason is behind it”.

 

“When Nick gets home, tell him to call me will ya.. I tried his cell earlier but it’s off”.

 

“I,ll tell him to call you as soon as he gets home”.

 

“Meanwhile, don’t worry about it. Knowing Nick he’s probably out making arrangements to surprise you or something”.

 

“Yeah, he probably is. Well, I see you this Sunday at the airport. Give Kristen and Mason my love okay”

 

“I will, see you Sunday”

 

“Bye”

 

“Bye”

 

She placed the phone back on the hook. Although it didn’t mean anything at that point, the fact that Nick had been lying to her made her sad. She felt the tears coming up and before she knew it she cried her eyes out. Maybe she made a mistake forgiving him with what happened Jake.

 

This wasn’t the first time someone played with her heart and lied to her. Jonathan, her ex – boyfriend, cheated on her, a couple of years ago. Ever since that happened she had issues trusting guys. Nick was the first one she opened up to in a romantic way.

 

Her cell phone ringed. It was Jenna.

 

“Hey”

 

“Hey sweetie, how are you?”

 

"I’m okay” she chocked halfway true this sentence.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong? Tell me”.

 

“I eh, it’s nothing” Kirsten sobbed.

 

“Yeah right, nothing my ass. You don’t cry over “nothing”. No miss Harkema, you are gonna tell me what’s wrong or else I’ll come over and I promise you I’ll force you into telling me what’s on your mind. And that’s no threat, it’s a promise”.

 

Kirsten told her about the miscarriage. Jenna was shocked to hear what had happened. After having talked for over an hour they promised each other, since there was no time to meet each other before the tour started, to plan a girls night the Friday Kirsten would return.

 

Kirsten felt a lot lighter after she told Jenna.  For some reason she didn’t tell Jenna about what happened today.

 

Nick parked his car one street behind the street he had to be. All the other parking lots were full. Being a Backstreetboy didn’t mean that he could park wherever he wanted.

 

He was excited for what was going to happen. He turned off the car, walked to the other street and went inside a building.

 

As he entered the reception a curvy women with black hair and modern glasses just hung up the phone.

 

“Can I help you?”.

 

“Yes, I have an appointment with mister Millan” he said nervously.      

 

 “Okay, what’s your name?”

 

“Carter, Nick Carter”

 

She looked down at the open agenda on her desk.

 

 “Yes, I see the appointment scheduled for two o’clock. You can sit down in the waiting room. Mister Millan is going to be with you in a couple of minutes” she smiled.