- Text Size +

He didn’t know what to do as He saw her leaving through the door. His inner self wanted to pull her back in but his arms and body didn’t respond to his will. And in his ears he could still hear the words she said while she grabbed her stuff, mixed with all the memories of both of them together.

*****



“Let’s go, man! It’ll be a fun party”, said his friend Luke. “You need to get out more and you’re going to start tonight.”
“I don’t know, man. You know I ‘m not into going out that much anymore…” he tried to defend himself.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I’ve heard all that before, but you’re going out with me tonight, whether you like it not!” Luke said that already pushing his friend towards the bedroom so he could get ready. Nick ended up giving in and went to the party.
It turned out to be the happiest choice he’s ever made. As soon as he arrived he met some of his oldest friends. He later discovered the party was to welcome back Alice. She was a tall brunette girl, very different from what Nick could remember from the little girl he used to pick on at school. When he put his eyes on her he didn’t recognize her and not knowing why, he felt his heart beat a bit faster.
Alice knew Nick was coming and was anxious to see his reaction to the girl she had become. She got used to his jokes about her strange looks and remembered how great friends they used to be before he became a worldwide heartthrob. She had never looked at him like that, but after so long she couldn’t deny she was amazed at how beautiful he was that night.
Nick had become a tall man, too. His blond hair was shorter than in his teen years and his eyes looked bluer than ever. He had built his body in a perfect shape and looked so much more mature. She was very impressed to see him but didn’t talk to him straight away. There were too many people in the room before she could reach him.
From the opposite corner, Nick saw her and couldn’t keep himself from looking at her. He couldn’t believe what a pretty figure she had made of herself, but he tried to pretend his excitement. After all, he didn’t even want to go to that party
It took them about an hour before they could talk. Neither knew exactly what to say and the first minutes of their conversation were very awkward.
“Hey! Welcome back!” Nick said as they kissed.
“Hi, there! Thank you! Didn’t think I was going to meet you here. Did you give up being a Backstreet Boy?”She replied.
“No, I didn’t, but we’re on a tour break.” He defended.
They were silent for a moment until Nick let out. “Wow! You’re so beautiful!” The moment he realized he had said that aloud he turned red. But instantly Alice replied.
“Yeah, you’re something too, boy!” They both smiled and felt the tension lighten between them. They talked all night long, recalling their school time and their present lives. Nick didn’t need to say much, but listened to every single word Alice was saying. She went on about her life in London studying Literature and teaching teenagers in public schools and how she got a job at UCLA, which is why she came back to the US.