- Text Size +

Nick drove without destination for about an hour and ended up in a bar. He ordered a shot of vodka to ease the pain and downed it in one gulp. Then he got a bottle of beer and went to sit in a distant corner of the bar.

With every gulp he thought of Alice and what she’d done. Her words kept ringing in his ears. Soon he had pictured a horrible scene of Alice being kissed and possessed by other man. He tried to imagine who it was, but the images in his head wouldn’t show the face of the enemy.

Nick looked around and realized how many beautiful girls were at the bar dancing and showing off for the guys next to the counter. A tall red-haired came swinging to hia table.

“Hello there. Why don’t you dance with me?” she smiled and pulled him up towards the dance floor. The girl started to dance and rub against him. He let the alcohol drive him. ‘She’s hot!’, he thought and enjoyed the moment.

It felt nice being with just a random girl, just like the old times when he was young and stupid. The girl was all over him and he let her lead him. Just then his phone rang. He reached out into his pocket and looked at the ID Caller. It was Alice.

“Who’s that? Are you gonna answer?” asked the girl with a husky voice in his ear.

“It’s nobody.” He answered and put his phone back in his pocket. They continued dancing but Nick felt his phone ringing repeatedly through the night.

Nick was now seated with his new friend, Cassie, and her girls. They kept talking and drinking. Nick as over the edge with so much alcohol in his system that he was acting as if he’d known those girls all his life. He held them in his arms and let their hands wander around his body, sweaty from dancing. He was doing a great job at keeping Alice away from his thoughts.

Across the bar, Luke heard the laughing and turned to see where it was coming from. He, then, saw a group of girls hanging on a guy’s neck. He recognized his friend and approached the group to see what was happening.

When he got  closer enough he didn’t see Alice, and noticed Nick wasn’t sober, either.

‘Hey, man.”

“Luke! Come here, buddy! Join us!” Nick said.

“Hmm, Nicky, who’s your friend?” asked a brunette who looked at the man almost eating him up with her eyes.

“Girls, this is my budy, Like! Luke, these are the girls!” and he laughed.

“Yeah, hello, girls. Nick, can I talk to you, man?” and he pulled Nick from the table.

“What are you doing, Nick?”

“I’m just having some fun…” Nick raised his glass.

“Well, that is clear! What I don’t understand is what you are doing with all these groupies… Where’s Alice? Does she know you’re here?”

“Oh, don’t talk about her. I don’t wanna think about her now. I just wanna forget her.”

“What? What are you talking about?

“She thinks she’s the only one who can have fun? No, no, no, I can have fun, too!”

“Nick, what are you saying? What happened?”

“If she can hook up with other people, why can’t I? I think the red-haired really wants me. I could kiss her. She is really hot!” Nick rambled on, but Luke was still attached to the fact that Alice had hooked up with someone else.

When he realized, Nick was back to the group of girls and ready to kiss Cassie. He pulled Nick again in time to stop him from doing a big mistake.

“Sorry, girls. Time to say good night. This man here needs some sleep for a big day tomorrow! Say good bye, Nick.” And he led him to the exit.