- Text Size +

 

Nick didn’t know what to do, so he just held her close and waited until she had calmed down, Alice stood in his arms for about half an hour before she could stop sobbing. Nick tried to talk to her but she told him she needed more time. He started to get suspicious. ‘Something is very wrong and she won’t tell me what it is’, he thought.

Both of them tried to spend the rest of the evening pretending everything was fine, but every now and then awkward silences grew bigger between them.

The next morning, when Nick woke up, Alice wasn’t in bed anymore. He thought she had gone away to avoid talking to him, but noises in the kitchen led him to her.

“Good morning, baby! I made you breakfast. Are you hungry?”

“Hey, good morning. Why didn’t you wake me up? I could help”, he said and yawned.

“I wanted to make a surprise. How do you feel about some pancakes?”

They ate and talked a little. Things seemed to be okay.

“So, tell me about your tour in Germany. Did all the girls go as wild as they do here?”

“Yeah, it was amazing. We sold out all the shows and I’m sure they all had a great time.” Nick said with a smile on his face.

“I’m sure they did. They always do! Your show is incredible. Too bad I couldn’t be there too.”

“I know! I really wish you were there too. I visited some nice places and found out great restaurants.” His face lit up and he continued. “Oh, I almost forgot! I have presents for you! Come with me.” He took her by the hand and ran upstairs.

He opened his suitcase and grabbed a big pink wrapping package. ‘Here, this is the first.”

Alice got it and opened it. It was a poetry book.

“Oh my God! How did you know?

“I heard you talking to your sister before I traveled and, well, I got it for you!”

She jumped on his neck and kissed him.

“Wait, wait, Ali. You’ve got more surprises!” Nick reached for his bad again and took another package.

“Humm, what is it?” She opened the wrapping paper carefully and saw a beautiful blue dress. “It’s beautiful, Nick. Thank you!” She kissed him again.

“Go on and try it on. I wanna see how it’ll look on you.” She did as she was told and came out of the bathroom. It was a strapless long blue dress embroidered with tine blue crystals, pretty tight to her waist and larger on the bottom. She looked like a princess.

“Wow! You look amazing!” Nick sighed.

“Oh, thank you, baby. It’s so beautiful!”

“It would only look even more perfect if you had one of these on!” and he produced a blue velvet box.

She gasped when he opened the box and revealed a shiny grayish diamond hung on a silver necklace. He took the jewel and put on her neck. She turned to see her reflection on the mirror and Nick held her from behind.

“You look astounding.” And he kissed her neck. The kissed turned into a full make out session and her new dress was on the floor within minutes. The only thing she was wearing was her new necklace and the sunlight on her skin.