- Text Size +
Their first meeting had been completely random.
Brian was the owner of the cafeteria where Nick one day sneaked into, after finding out that his usual coffee shop had been suddenly shut down.
Even if people kept coming and between a cup of coffee and a cappuccino, he and Brian had managed to make little talks: Brian had seemed to be a nice guy since the beginning, he was one of those people who you would find impossible not to be attracted to because of his ability to put someone immediately at ease and his smile... oh, Nick was sure that that smile had been the reason why he came back day after day, even though the cafeteria was a little bit far from his house. But the added meters he had to walk were always rewarded with a joke or a conversation that always lasted more than the time he had before being lat for his first lesson. Not that he ever complained!

“So... when will I be able to hear you singing?” Nick asked, a non particular morning that he decided to spend at the cafeteria with Brian since he didn’t have any class. So he was sitting there, liters of black coffee and his trusted sketch note. During one of their talks, Nick had found out that Brian attended his own university, the NYU, though in another faculty, due to his passion and love for the music. Since that day, he had felt the growing desire and curiosity to hear Brian’s voice. With his looks, Nick was damn sure that even his voice would be something that belonged to the angels.

“I don’t know... I’m still not sure about your intentions, Nicholas.” Brian answered back, emphasizing Nick’s full name with a sultry tone in his voice that made Nick melting in a ball of shivers.

“You know that the only person who calls me like that is my mother and not when she is happy to see me?”

Brian just looked at Nick with a malicious stare that let him know perfectly and without a doubt where he was taking their conversation. He dried his hands with a towel, walking over the corner where the guy always seat and put his elbows on the counter. “But I’m happy to see you.”

“Really?”

“Really. Why would I let you drink all that coffee without making you pay?”

“Because I’m pretty?”

“You’d better come up with something really good if you are going to take me out for dinner tonight.”

Nick smiled back at him pleased. “Are we finally dating?”

“Even if I love coffee, I think it’s time for something more... appetizing.”

The sly note didn’t get lost and Nick kept up that game. “Well, I guess I can’t deny you a dinner, since you’ve been so generous with me.”

The bell at the door welcomed a new client. Before going back to work, Brian smiled warmly at him. “Eight o’clock?”

Nick nodded. “I’ll pick you up.”

“I’ll try to not take too much time while trying to look good for you.”

Nick acted on instincts: he closed the distance between their faces and caressed softly the angle of Brian’s mouth with his lips. “Believe me, you don’t need it. You already look fabulous.” He whispered before leaving.
Chapter End Notes:
First of all, I want to say that English isn't my native language so I apologize for any mistakes. And I won't feel bad if anyone points them out. I know that not a lot of people are into slash but I hope you will give this story a chance. The chaps are intenionally shorts, it's what it's called "flashfic", though I'm not in the canonic limit of 500 words. ^__^