- Text Size +

“You’re bringing me the breakfast while I’m still in bed?” Nick exclaimed as he slowly rubbed his eyes to cancel the last drops of sleepiness from his eyes. He hadn’t woke up because of the first lights of an unabashed sun coming from the window but rather it had been the strong-smelling of coffee just brewed that was slowly approaching toward the bedroom. In the background of the silence, Nick could hear the faint notes of a melody and, here and then, he could make out the voice of Brian singing over them.

That was indeed a pleasant waking up, something he could see himself growing to get used to. Not for the breakfast part, though it was a valid point, but the whole fact about waking up and having someone to share those moments together.

Not just somebody.

Brian.

Before sating up, Nick stretched those muscles still sleeping while observing the simple and fluid movements of Brian as he settled the tray on the bedside table. Though he couldn’t say what was on that, since that his attention had been drawn to admire that body unclothed, aside from the pajamas’ pants.

“Think it as a little thank you for last night.”

“Ehi! – Nick replied. – There is no need. You already did it last night.”

Brian sat on the bed, coming closer to Nick. “I know. But I wanted to anyway.”

“Well, I can think about some other ways if you really want to thank me...” The tone became a soft murmur, that kind able to reduce Brian in a web of trembles and tremors. And the place where Nick had placed his hands wasn’t that helpful.

“We’re going to be late...” He tried to object, knowing that it wasn’t going to work. And, as a matter of fact, Nick’s fingers started to play with the laces of the pants, slowly undoing them. “So?”

“I’ve to open the cafeteria.”

Nick didn’t seem to be bother by those words, placing his lips on the neck and slowly travelling down.

“You have to work.”

Down. Past the chest, stopping for a moment on the navel.

“I’ve to take a shower.”

That seemed to stop Nick. He looked up to Brian with a mischievous light in his eyes.

“No! Don’t you dare to think about it! – Brian exclaimed, having understood the trail of Nick’s thoughts. – If you join me, we will never go out!” He finished, trying to step away from the boy. He didn’t succeed, since Nick just followed his movements.

“That’s the point.”

“You know that I can’t stay here. But, if you behave, I think that tonight we can start again from this very point. And... – With the tip of the index, Brian traced the line of the noise, stopping when he arrived on the tip. - ... well, I think we can add a little more.”

Suddenly, like Brian had pronounced a magic formula, Nick jumped off the bed and raced to the bathroom with the speed of a thunder. Then, even before Brian could say something, he heard the unmistakable sounds of the shower running. He smiled and laughed, propping himself against the headboard and started to sip his cup.

Just like Nick had done before, while waking up, even Brian in that moment thought that he could get used to morning and awakenings like that: joking around, chatting a little before going out and start the day. Most of all, he could and he was longing for getting used to that feeling, the sensation and the realization that he wasn’t alone anymore. Yes, it was too soon to propose a moving, neither of them were ready for that step but he knew that Nick wouldn’t mind if he asked him to stay the night once or twice.

“Why are you still in bed?” Nick asked when he walked back from the shower some minutes later.

Brian couldn’t help to giggle. “Why are you in such a hurry?”

Nick sat on the bed, closer to Brian so that he could take away the cup from his hands. “The sooner we are of of the house, the sooner night will come.”

Laughter filled the room as Nick dragged Brian out of the bed, pushing him into the bathroom and closing the door.

Yes, they both could get used to those mornings spent together.