- Text Size +
The clock had just struck the eight sharp when the doorbell rang, announcing Nick’s arrival.

Brian made sure that he had everything with him. After turning off the lights and one last glance to the mirror to check if he was looking good – still he wasn’t sure if the shirt he was wearing was perfect for that night – he opened the door. And, in that moment, he stopped breathing. Because, standing in front of him, there was someone who could only came out from his dreams. And, maybe, that was what he was doing: dreaming that a guy like Nick would be outside his flat, casually leaning against the doorframe with his elbow and looking so damn fabulous wearing only a t-shirt and a simple pair of jeans that made Brian doubt that could ever exist a piece of clothing that wouldn’t do justice to Nick’s beauty.

He knew he was blushing, he could feel the heat slowly taking over his face but he couldn’t do anything to prevent it or to stop they rapid rhythm that his heart seemed to pump against his chest. Especially since Nick was staring back at him with his same stare.

“See? I’m even on time!” Nick joked, breaking that silence that had lingered while they were checking each other.

Brian closed the door behind his back, putting his keys inside the pocket of his jeans. “I hope this isn’t something just to impress me. I expect punctuality on every date, not just this one.” Brian answered back, using the same playful note in his voice.

“Oh, I’m sure you won’t complain. I’m am expert.”

“So that means that I’m one of your preys?”

“I don’t know... are you?” Nick asked, lowering his voice until it was only an husky murmur that it was meant for Brian only to be heard. Those words brought their conversation on another level, a labile ground full of double meaning and innuendos hidden behind the veil of a smile.

Brian tilted his head, looking briefly at Nick’s eyes before lowering his own. “I wouldn’t be here otherwise.” Something clicked in him and, beneath the waves of shyness, a light of courage swept through them, daring Brian to do something he wouldn’t ever done before and hoping not to be rejected because it was too soon: he slipped his hand around Nick’s, his fingertips briefly caressing the wrist before letting their fingers find each other and intertwining themselves. Then, he just waited. Waited and feared that Nick would tore himself away from him, murmuring some excuses about a previous date that he didn’t remember until that moment. Everything inside him froze just like the minutes, waiting for a response, waiting for the moment when reality would wake him up and he would find himself all alone in his bedroom. And, logically, he knew that those were only words dictated by his own fears and insecurity because, clearly, he wasn’t the type of guy that Nick usually went out with. What did he see in him? He wasn’t that special, he was only a guy who would rather spent his nights at home, listening and writing songs about a love that he could only dream about and dreaded that would never be real.

But nothing like that happened. What really happened had been something so extraordinary and yet, at the same time so natural that thinking otherwise would had been like a crime. Because Nick’s hand remained secure around his own, a warm sensation that slowly was taking over the coldness that seemed to live inside his body.

Between the sidewalks where people just walked by them without even care, the flashing lights of cars speeding away and the noises of a city that didn’t want to go sleep yet, Brian and Nick kept walking unfazed, lost in their own world, a place and time that belonged only to them. It was like time had stopped its natural course, only to start once again when the couple reached their destination.

Brian couldn’t believe his eyes. He turned to Nick, looking at him with a surprised expression written all over his face. “A Luna park?”
Chapter End Notes:
I just wanna to thank all the people that have read the first chap. ^__^