- Text Size +

They were already on the subway train going home when Brian’s mobile announced the arrival of a new message. 

“It’s Jay. He’s threatening me not to come back to the cafeteria because he had found someone to cover me for tonight. – He told Nick, after reading the text. – I guess I’m all yours.” 

Nick couldn’t help but smiling at that perspective. “And you’re not even a little tempted to go and check?” 

Brian sighed, leaning a little bit closer to Nick. “You don’t know how much I want to. But I trust Jay so...” 

“It sounds like a threat!”

“Idiot!”

“Idiot but adorable, right?”

“And very modest, I might add.”

“Always for you.”

The buzz of people around them seemed to have been silenced, as if someone had got hold of a huge remote control and had decided to remove all the background noise. It was so easy and natural to get lost inside their bickering, jokes and replies that seemed to be written by the most famous authors of comedy when, instead, they were just brought to life like they were heartbeats or breathes.

Nick started to fumble inside Brian’s backpack and managed to grab his cell phone. “This is off limits for tonight. – He explained, taking it away and placing it inside his jacket. – Just to be sure you’re not going to assail that poor guy with hundreds of calls.”

“You do know that I have another phone at home.” Brian replied.

“I’ll unplug it.”

“I’ll use a carrier pigeon.”

“It’s better if I don’t say what I would do to that poor bird.”

“I will use smoke signals.”

“I know where you keep the fire extinguisher and I know how to use it.”

“I can go over for a surprise.”

To reply to that last one, Nick lowered down his face so he could murmur directly in Brian’s ear. “I’ll be forced to tie you up in the bed and make you my prisoner.”

A tremble, made of pleasure, ran along Brian’s spine and then reached his cheek, tainting them with a faint shade of red, brighter than the one that had already colored his skin after hours of being in the sun.

“And have you already thought about what we are going to do during those hours of imprisonment?” He murmured, sensing the same reaction hitting Nick’s body, so tightly closed to him.

“Don’t worry. I’ve already one or two ideas...”

“Perfect! Because I’ve something in mind too.”

“Really?”

“Of course. – Brian replied, just as the train started to reach the next stop. – It includes: blanket, some movies and lots of cuddles.” Then, without even waiting for Nick’s reply, he got down onto the platform.

Nick stayed still for a moment and not only because that wasn’t their stop. But he still managed to get out before the doors would close and reached Brian, who was looking at him with an amused look.

“Have I shocked you?”

“No, no... well, a little. I... I’ve never done something like that.” He confessed with a shy tone.

“Really? Not once?”

Shrugging his shoulder, Nick held Brian’s hand as they start to walk. “I’ve always thought it was something for losers but just because I’ve never had someone who wanted to spend the night like that. So, instead than being all emo and depressed about it, I would go out and fight the loneliness in other ways. Mostly hitting a guy and bring him home.”

In a gesture of silenced comfort, Brian’s fingers intertwined themselves around Nick’s. “Well, now you have me.” He said, just with a sweet smile.

Nick squeezed that twine, replying with a smile. Yes, he had Brian and he was all that he needed.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for everyone who is reading this. Hope you're loving those two as much as I love them. ^__^