- Text Size +
Blinking and colored lights, the high rumble coming from the various rides and stands; lastly, the screaming and laughing blending themselves until they were only a giant bubble of euphoria.
Brian looked around taking note of everything as he felt like a child, full of excitement that was running along with his blood inside the veins.
How did Nick know how much he loved that place?

“Were you expecting something more... romantic? – Nick asked, still holding their hands as they started wondering around in the crowd. – I know that a dinner in a fancy and quiet restaurant is more appropriate for a first date but... gosh, I just love this place! I don’t know how to explain it but I had the feeling that you’d feel more comfortable in a less formal place.”

“It’s perfect.” Brian whispered, getting closer to Nick not only because they could talk without screaming to be heard and neither because he didn’t want to be pulled away or pushed by the crowd around them only to find himself separated from Nick. Oh no, mostly it was because he wanted to be close to him and that was a desire so strong that he wasn’t able and didn’t want to fight.

Time seemed to fly way as they went from ride to ride, filling the waiting for their turn with snippets of the years when they hadn’t met yet. Though soon it was like they knew each other since forever. They decided to leave the ferries wheel as their last ride. After getting inside one of the booth, they sat near and remained in silence as the wheel started slowly to go higher and higher. They watched the lights of New York blurred until there was no difference between them and those little but shining spots that made the night so clear and starry.

Higher they went and the noises grew softer until nothing could be heard aside from the beats coming from the loudspeakers. A gentle but chilled breeze crept between them, making Brian shiver a little. Instinctively, Nick put an arm around him, enveloping the smaller guy in a hug that wasn’t meant only to warm the body but to erase also the little distance lingering between them.

“Thanks.” Brian breathed out softly, resting his head on Nick’s shoulder.

“For what?” Nick asked in reply as his cheek found its place among those blonde curls resting against him. Never he had felt so naturally comfortable with another guy. Never he had let someone else that close to him without gaining something in exchange and, usually, that something had always been sex. And, if he had to be honest, at least to himself, he had to admit that that situation scared him a bit, from how close and intimate their positions already were to that silence full of words left unsaid by their voice, but spoken up by that language that only their bodies seemed to understand.

As it reached the highest point, the ferries wheel stopped for a few minutes to let its passengers soak up in the breathtaking beauty of the view up there. Brian raised up his gaze and found himself into Nick’s eyes, that crystalline blue that was staring back at him with such a deep and flaming intensity that made him feel like he must had been the most beautiful boy in the world if he had been able to capture the attention of a guy like Nick. Never he had believe that he might had a chance with Nick and, yet, there he was and nothing had ever felt so right. And it felt more right when those dark blue eyes kept coming closer and closer as his lips were being slightly brushed by Nick’s in a sweet caress.

He was about to answer that touch when a sudden movement of the booth stopped them as the ferries wheel resumed its ride. Still, they didn’t let that interruption ruin that moment as they fell back in a more intimate embrace. Both of them knew that another chance was already waiting and it would come out from its hiding before the night, their night, would be over.
Chapter End Notes:
**********************************************************************

Sorry for being late! Got caught up into work. I wanna thank anyone that have read this chaptes and the ones that have left a review. ^__^