- Text Size +

The movie had just ended when thunders and raindrops could be heard coming from the outside. 


“Why didn’t I take the umbrella with us? I knew it was going to rain. – Brian grumbled, leaning against the wall while watching rain becoming heavier and heavier at each passing seconds. – What are we going to do? Wait or call for a taxi?” 


Nick didn’t reply but let him intuit that he had something in mind with that mischievous look in his eyes. Keeping up with his silence, Nick grabbed Brian’s hand and dragged him out, just as if he didn’t notice the storm pouring out its voice through buildings and cars. 


“Nick! Nick! Are you crazy?” Brian shouted as he tried to wiggle out of Nick’s grasp so that he could avoid getting himself wet. 


“Come on! – Nick replied with a huge smile. He let go of Brian’s hand and stood on the sidewalk, there where he wasn’t sheltered from the cinema’s roofing. -  Don’t tell me you’ve never run and walk in the rain!” 


Brian was watching him with an expression mixed between being amused and shocked. Though, there was a small part, irrational, that was trying to push him into following that crazy man he loved without caring or giving importance to people passing by or logic objections. “You’re gonna catch a cold!” 


“Who cares? Come on! Come here!” 


Brian busted into laughter: Nick looked like a little child with a smile that lighted up his face, his hair already wet and forming little curls at their extremities while jumping from a puddle to another. His enthusiasm was so contagious that Brian found himself finally joining him, every objection muted and then defeated. He came upon Nick, feeling the unique sensation of the rain hitting his body, drops that sneaked into every angle left uncovered by the clothes and the slipped on the skin, making him tremble in a way that only Nick’s touch had ever accomplished. 


“You’re crazy!” 


“Aren’t you having fun?” Nick replied, making Brian swirling around himself. It was like a dance, though there was no music surrounding them. 


“I’m crazy!” Brian exclaimed, following Nick into those silenced steps. They were laughing, they were looking at each other losing themselves and there was nothing that could shake them out from that little bubble they were surrounded in. Only Nick could have that kind of power on Brian and, even after months and months of being together, he was able to bring back that boy who hadn’t been able to enjoy his teenage years. Because that was what Nick was doing, he was giving back to him those years in a gesture that seemed apparently so crazy and insane.


“Well, at least we’re crazy together.” 


They kept dancing to that tune that only existed for them, a dance that then turned into a chase around parked cars and people who would stop and stare at them with a disapproving expression, their umbrella firmly held between their hands. Arrived at the door of their building, both Brian and Nick leaned against the wall, catching their breaths but still feeling the rain falling against them. It was a sudden spark that pushed Brian against Nick, his hands holding Nick’s face and lips crashing together in a kiss that burned without being touched by cold or rain. 


In that moment Brian realized that he could never be able to love someone else but Nick. “I love you” He whispered, his words breaking among the thunders and the lighting