- Text Size +

 

The pool water is refreshingly cool against my skin. It’s a scorching hot February, even for Los Angeles. I float on my back and stare up at the sky: bright blue with not a cloud in sight, only the birds and the occasional airplane cruising by. It’s quiet up here, me being the solitary occupant of the condo’s rooftop pool. The portable stereo nearby is blasting Bob Marley and I let myself relax, closing my eyes and feel the hot sun against my face.

I can get used to this.

I’m startled a moment later by the sound of the sliding doors opening and the shuffling of feet a few seconds later. I adjust myself upright, kicking my feet and waving my arms to float. I make eye contact with bright blue eyes watching me, a small smile set against a handsome face.

“Hey, beautiful,” he says, kneeling by the pool as I swim to the ledge. He leans down and I greet him with a peck on the lips.

“You’re home early.”

“Rehearsals went good, everyone was actually on time today,” he replies with a slight roll of his eys. “I’ve had my mind all day on taking a beautiful woman out to dinner tonight.”

“What’s her name and where does she live?” I ask, playfully narrowing my eyes at him.

“Why don’t you get out of the pool and find out?” He grins at me and stands to his feet. “You can give me the jealous girlfriend strip search.” He gives me a wink and I giggle, making my way towards the pool steps.

When I come up, he hands me a towel and I take it from him, drying myself. I catch him eyeing my mint green bikini appreciatively and I give him a small, shy smile. When I wrap the towel around myself, he walks forward and embraces me in a tight huh. “The California weather definitely agrees with you,” he murmurs against my hair and I blush.

I have noticed a difference in my appearance the few weeks I’ve been here. The sun has lightened my hair slightly, drying it wavy and has since grown longer. My usually pale skin is now sun kissed with a golden tan, my cheeks pink from the heat. Not being one to spend my days indoors, I’ve caught on to frequenting the condo’s public pool while Brian attends rehearsals and have even taken up surfing at a nearby beach – with a driver and a couple of bodyguards in tow, of course. I still haven’t gotten used to having a bodyguard with me where I go, but I know it’s necessary for my safety. Although there have been no signs of Rooney or any of his men and no leads, either. This gives me hope that perhaps he’s forgotten all about his deal with Brian and has decided to leave us alone, but I know it’s not likely. Though not physically, his presence lingers like a threat. I can feel it in the way Brian holds me a little tighter when we’re out in public, the shift of his eyes carefully sweeping every room we walk into, and the heavy paranoid feeling in my chest when I wake late at night.

I shudder and Brian pulls back to look at me. “You okay?” he asks softly and I nod.

“Let’s go inside now,” I reply and he takes my hand as we walk through the sliding doors and to the elevators. Once inside his condo, Brian immediately sweeps me off my feet in one smooth motion. I gasp in surprise but end up laughing as he carries me to the bathroom, anticipation clear in his eyes.

“Being that I’m all sweaty and gross from rehearsals and you’ve been in the pool all day, I figure it would be quite efficient for us to shower together, yeah?” he says slyly as he sets me down gently inside the stand-up shower.

“Whatever you say, hun,” I giggle as he quickly discards of his clothes before joining me in the shower.

“Better be whatever I say,” he grows sexily, grabbing my hair and kissing me hard.

I feel his hand reach for the shower knob behind me and turn it on, his lips not leaving mine. I feel the cold water hit my back first before it warms up. He pushes me gently against the shower wall, grabbing at my hips and cupping my behind. “Let’s get u out of this,” he murmurs, taking the strings of my bikini bottom and pulling them loose. He’s already working on my bikini top before my bottoms fall to my feet. He groans as I take his erection in my hand and I gasp when I feel his fingers at my opening. I gaze up at him as he plays with my clit, the pleasure overwhelming me and making my legs weak. He’s watching me, eyes hooded and clouded over with want. His mouth hangs slightly open, water droplets cascading down and dripping onto his lips. I lean forward to kiss him and he responds eagerly.

In one swift motion, he lifts my leg and wraps it around his waist and he’s inside me, pressing my hips against the cool shower wall. I moan in pleasure and wrap my arms around his head for support as he pumps passionately into me. “Unh, Brian!”

“Yes, baby,” he whispers, burying his face into the crook of my neck. “You like that?”

“Don’t stop,” I breathe, wrapping my other leg around him, tightening my hold around his neck.

“Fuck,” he growls, biting at my earlobe gently. “You’re so tight.”

The pleasure builds as he continues to thrust inside me at a steady pace and I feel the tightening in my belly. My breaths are now coming out in short gasps as my walls close in around him. “Brian-“

“Unh, come with me baby. Yes,” he breathes, pumping faster as I feel myself letting go. I cry out in pleasure as my orgasm racks my body. “London!” he moans as I feel his load fill me. His hold on me tightens and his eyes squeeze shut, lips between his teeth as his body twitches slightly from his release. We’re both breathing hard, our bodies trying to recover. He sets me gently back down onto my feet and I feel the blood rushing back to my legs. He pulls back to look at me and smiles. “You ok?”

I nod. “I feel amazing,” I grin and he gives me a soft kiss on the lips.

“Now let’s hurry with the rest of this shower. I’m excited to take my lady out.”

I can’t help the giddy feeling in my stomach at the thought of finally spending some quality time with him and for the night he’s planned just for us. “How did I get so lucky?”

He eyes me with a questioning look. “You? I’m the lucky one here,” he replies, turning me over to run the bar of soap down my back. “For you to be here with me, still, after all that I’ve put you through.”

“It’s worth it,” I say softly. “You’re worth it.”

I feel his lips on my neck and a shiver runs down my spine. “I’m going to take care of you, baby. For as long as you want me.”

I turn my head slightly to look him in the eyes; they’re filled with affection and sincerity. I love you. I want to say it; the moment feels so right but… I feel the hesitation and I give him a small smile instead. He continues to run the soap down my body, his touch gentle and familiar. There’s that longing in my heart again. The one that wishes the circumstances between us were different. Our future is so uncertain, yet I want to be with this man. I’ve never been in this situation, have never felt this way. How can I be in love, hopeful, and happy - yet fearful, anxious, and unclear all at the same time?