- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

First fanfiction ever. Please review

Alissa was sitting patiently with her father in the hospital room waiting for the doctor to come. Not too long ago she was in an ambulance because she was having trouble breathing in her own room. When she was born, her parents were told that she had Eisenmerger's syndrome, which affects her heart and lungs.
"Sorry for the long wait." Her doctor said as he walked in. He has been watching Alissa's progress ever since her disease turned for the worst.
" How has the search for a donor been going?" Her father asked.
"I'm sorry to say this but by time we find a donor, her heart will give out" the doctor replied.
"How long do I have left?" Asked Alissa.
"I'll have to say fourteen days, twelve people are above you on the list and we've also had problems finding donors for them too."
"So you're saying that I won't be able to graduate, study to be a microbiologist, or be able to meet my favorite band that got me through all of this?"
"There is a possibility yes, but I wouldn't loose faith, I'll give you two time to talk." The doctor said as he walked out.
"Dad what are we going to do?" Alissa asked her father,"We already lost mom, I can't imagine you without me too!"
"Daddy will be fine sweetheart, like the doctor said don't loose faith" he replied.
"Can I have my ipod? All of this is too much for me right now."
"Sure, I'm going to the cafeteria and find a snack" her father said as he walked out.
The nurse walked in a few seconds finding Alissa in tears while listening to her ipod. She asked her what was wrong and Alissa gave her the full story, not leaving any details behind. "What is the name of the group?" She asked.
"The Backstreet Boys" Alissa replied.
Two hours later during her break, the nurse called the local news to help the girl meet her favorite group, which was a sucess


Five days layer, Alissa was awakened by harmonizing voices that she recognized."It's them!" She thought.
"Hi, how are you doing?" The short one asked which she knew was Brian.
"Happy now that you five are here." She replied.
"Do you have three songs that you want us to sing?" Asked the tall guy with black hair, Kevin.
"Can you sing 'All I have to give' and 'I want it that way'?" She asked waiting to say the third one later.
After they had sung the first two she told them that the last one she wanted to sing was "Never Gone" which brought tears to all of the guys' eyes. Three hours after the guys visited she fell into a deep coma.

" I think you should be prepared to tell her goodbye soon." Her doctor told her father five days later.
When her walked into her room her eyes were opened but she really wasn't there.
"Dad I wanted to tell you that I love you for one last time." Alissa told him.
"Sweetie if you are ready to leave this earth, then go ahead." He told her with tears streaming down his face.
After being granted permission, Alissa passed away with a smile on her face knowing she had received a chance of a lifetime.