- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone. Been pretty busy with some things, which is why I haven't updated in a bit. I've started my own website on WordPress, it is bluestarlightfanfiction.wordpress.com if you'd like to check it out. Thanks to whoever nominated me in recent fanfic awards as well. Hope you enjoy the chapter :)
Chapter 13

Amanda was overwhelmed by her classes and it was only her first day back in Oceanview. Luckily she found her classes easily. Nick was in a few but Chemistry was a new thing and she'd be on her own. Nick had French that period so she went to class alone, not expecting anything out of the ordinary.

She sat down in her Chemistry class and jumped right into an assignment with the guy at her table. He was good looking, green eyes and blonde hair spiked with hair gel. 

"Hey there. Name is Lance...." he grinned. He held out his hand for her to shake...his voice deep. Amanda could have sworn she saw those eyes before.

"I guess we are partners." she said as she sat down next to him. They talked as they did their work and even out in the hall after class. She found out he was on the football team and liked to mess with computers in his free time. He was interesting and Amanda hung onto every word, nodding as they went.

"I'm Amanda," she told him. He promised to see her around and then disappeared into the crowded hallway....leaving her wishing they had more time.

Over the next few weeks they got to know each other much better. Amanda started wondering if he liked her more than just lab partners, because he seemed to flirt with her quite a bit.

"...so Brian went for the layup and he ended up hitting Scott with the ball....pretty funny, huh?" Nick said....snapping Amanda out of her daydream.

"Haha, really funny story, Nick." she said vacantly.

"You weren't even listening, were you?" he asked, going into his locker.

Lance was walking over to them and Amanda just watched, she barely heard Nick say hello to him.

"Hey, Lance."

"Sup, Carter. Do you have the notes on the Civil War? I got a test ninth period and I forgot them at home." Lance said. He had purposely been watching to see if Amanda was interested in Nick, but it didnt seem like she was.

"You need my notes again?" Nick asked, sounding amused.

"Please, Nick. I was working last night and overslept this morning, I forgot mine on the desk in my room. Care to help a guy out?" Lance begged. As Amanda looked at him, she thought he looked familiar from somewhere before school.

"Okay, but it will cost you this time."

"How much?"

"Ten. Up front." Nick said with the air of a businessman. Lance sighed and fished a crumpled bill out of his pocket as Nick handed him a copy of his notes. Lance mumbled a thank you before taking off, looking annoyed.

"Next time, I make it twenty." Nick chuckled as he closed his locker.

"I can't believe you charged him money. What happened to you?" Amanda asked.

"He should stop forgrtting his notes. I'm making a profit here. Besides, payback's a bitch, isn't it?" Nick said as they walked to class.

"Payback for what?" Amanda asked, keeping up with him.

"You don't remember? Lance used to pick on me when we were kids." he told her thoughtfully. Amanda stopped dead in the middle of the hallway, dropping her books.

"Amanda? You okay?" he called as he helped her pick them up. Her mind was racing, Lance was the same kid who'd beaten up Nick all those times back when they were ten. She couldn't believe it.

She also couldn't believe she was falling for him.