- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter. Let us know what you think :)
Chapter 14

Nick didn't like where this was going one bit. Nope.

"We had the best date, he took me for pizza and then we went for ice cream. He's changed so much, you guys." Amanda said as Nick scowled, stabbing his plate of fish sticks. He realized Amanda had stopped talking and smiled, pretending to be interested.

"That's awesome, Amanda." Brian said, nudging Nick.

"Yeah...."

She smiled and dug into her sandwich, it felt great to be in her first relationship, especially someone like Lance.

Nick scowled as he jabbed the fish again, he'd lost his appetite and the bell rang, leaving him feeling hungry. This feeling of emptiness stayed with Nick for a few days, he spent most of his time moping.

"Dude, what's with you lately?" Brian asked, when Nick spaced out at gym. Normally he was athletic, but today he had the same skill level as a garden slug.

"Just a lot on my mind," Nick sighed....tossing the basketball and missing again. His game was definitely off. He ran a hand through his hair as he and Brian headed for the locker room.

"You look really bummed. What's up?" 

"There's a girl I like..." Nick said, taking off his shirt and changing to another one.  Brian smiled, he already knew where this was headed.

"Amanda...." he filled in. Nick scoffed and shut his locker, sitting down.

"Okay, then what happens? Dude....sometimes I feel so stupid for liking her because I am not her type. I'm not good enough to be with a girl like Amanda."

"You aren't stupid. It's obvious you like her, I mean....you were mutilating your lunch today. Just talk to her and tell her how you feel." Brian smiled, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. Nick smiled back, thinking. Asking her out couldn't be too hard, could it?

Amanda went to visit Lance's football practice after cheerleading was over. He looked good in his uniform and smiled when she waved at him. However, Jason the quarterback did not approve of their relationship and always hit on Amanda despite her rejections.

"Watch this." Jason told the other players, some laughed but some didn't. Joey, Lance's best friend was one of them. The team began running a practice drill, but Jason tackled Lance to the ground hard and without warning. Lance could feel his knee crack along with a sharp pain in his back. He lay there as Coach Belza scolded the two of them.

"I told you about screwing around during practice. You almost injured my best player, Bass."

"Coach, Jason did it on puropse-" Joey started as he tried helping his friend up.

"I don't want to hear it. Pick him up and take him to the nurse before he's benched the rest of the season...."


Amanda heard Jason laughing after Lance got taken away, seeing him watch her.

"You hurt him on purpose," she pointed out.

"Oh? Prove it."

"You're a real ass, you know that Jason?" Amanda snapped.

"Why don't you dump him and go out with a real man? Cheerleaders always go with the quarterback." Jason said, grabbing her hand before she removed it.

"Let me know when you see one, cause right now I don't." Amanda said as some of the guys cat called.

"You'll regret saying that..." Jason shouted, watching her walk away.

As it turned out Lance had sprained his back and knee. When he came back he was on crutches and Amanda helped him when she could. Nick didn't like seeing them get closer but he did notice Jason creeping on Amanda when Lance wasn't around.

Amanda tried to avoid Jason but when he snuck up on her before cheer practice, she couldn't this time.

"You look good in that uniform...."

"Oh, I didn't hear you slither up. I am running late." Amanda said hurriedly, but he blocked her path, smiling.

"Ah, but we aren't done yet." he whispered. She didn't like how close he was getting. He leaned in to kiss her, but Amanda pushed him off.

"I said no."

"Not today you didn't. Let me rock your world." he told her, putting his hand on her hip. She felt it slide under her shirt and she stomped on his foot, but he pulled her close. Amanda cried out but he didn't stop as he moved closer....

"HEY!!!"

It happened so quickly that Amanda didn't realize what was going on. All of a sudden Jason was on the floor, and Lance stood over him wielding one of his crutches.

"Are you okay?" he asked, limping to her. Amanda just collapsed into him, crying.

"Hey, what's going on here?"

Coach Belza was coming out of the teachers lounge nearby when he saw the commotion. Jason was just coming to, rubbing his head.

"Jason attacked her, Coach." Lance said. All Amanda could do was cry....she just nodded. The coach grabbed Jason by the neck and began scolding him.

"I told you about this....goddamn it I will not cover for you this time even if you're my son..."


"Are you okay?" he asked suddenly. Amanda shook her head and Lance kissed her forehead, shushing her.

"Thank you..." she whispered as she clung to his shirt. Lance had saved her and sbe never wanted to let him go....

No matter what her feelings for Nick were.