- Text Size +

It was about 6am when AJ woke up, stiff from being curled up on the bed. Shit he thought. He started to wonder what was going on when all the memories of last night came flooding back to him. He grabbed the glass on his nightstand and threw it across the room where it smashed into the wall and shattered into pieces.

 

He got up off the bed, stumbled to the door, flung it open and crawled downstairs. He was entering the kitchen when someone touched his arm causing him to jump and spin around almost knocking both of them to the ground.

 

“Mom! What the hell are you doing here?”

 

Denise just stared at her son. He looked like a completely different man from the last time she saw him. His eyes were dark with anger and the expression on his face broke her heart.

 

“I came over last night after your fight with the guys.” She pulled him into the living room and he couldn’t believe his eyes. He had done so much damage to the room last night and didn’t even remember doing any of it.

 

“Seen enough yet?” Denise turned AJ around and pushed him back into the kitchen. “Sit down.” she said pointing to one of the chairs.

 

AJ slumped down and put his head down on the table covering it with his arms.

 

“AJ look at me.” his mother asked quietly.

 

AJ picked up one of his arms and looked at his mother through one eye.

 

“I think it’s about damn time to tell me what happened, don’t you?” Denise demanded and AJ started to tear up again.

 

“Start at the beginning……”

 -------------------------- 

Brooke woke up sore after a long night of crying. Lucas lay sound asleep next to her and she got out of bed slowly as to not to wake him.  She left her room and turned to close the door when she noticed that the door to Alissa’s room was open and the bed was still made. All of a sudden she remembered that her cousin wasn’t there anymore and she started to tear up again.

 

Brooke continued downstairs to make some coffee and decided to go sit in the backyard while it brewed.  She opened the slider door and screamed when she found someone sleeping on the lounger by the pool.