- Text Size +

AJ spent the night tossing and turning and finally woke up around dawn with a pain in his back and a crick in his neck.  He was pissed he couldn’t get more sleep and he had a nagging feeling that he was in for a rough day. He showered, changed his clothes and put on his sweatshirt so that he could head out for a run. Runs always cleared his head and he was pretty sure he needed that right now.

 

He was about to leave but turned around and went back up to his closet. I should take the card out of the jacket and put it back in the box in my office he thought. AJ reached into the pocket and it was empty. He tried the other pocket and nothing.

 

He was starting to panic because he couldn’t find it. Where the hell did I put it! He tore apart his closet and as he was sitting there, exhausted, last night came flooding back to him. Shit! He threw the card out last night. What the hell was he thinking!

 

AJ called Marcus in a panic. “I need to get back into the theater right now! Can you take me there now?”

 

“Why do you need to get in there so badly? You took everything that you needed with you last night right?” Marcus asked.

 

“I forgot something very important and I need to get back in there before something happens to it. I need to go right now Marcus!” AJ yelled into the phone.

 

“Calm down man! What are you missing? It wouldn’t be that card would it?” Marcus knew he struck a nerve with that question.

 

“What do you know about the card?” AJ roared at Marcus.

 

“Relax J! I saw you throw it out last night and I knew you’d regret it, so I picked it up for you. I’ll drop it by your house in about 20 minutes.” Marcus hung up and AJ stared down at the phone.

 

Marcus showed up about 20 minutes later and brought the card in. “AJ, when are you going to do something about this? You stare at this card at least 5 times a day like it’s going to suddenly come to life in front of you. Why don’t you try to find her?”

 

Angler clouded over AJ’s eyes and he shouted at Marcus. “What do you know about it? I don’t need to know who this woman is! It’s not a big deal!”

 

“Dude, listen to yourself. You need to do something. This card is eating at you. Even if you want to scream and yell at this woman or just tell her off, you need to do something and just get over this.  No one wants to admit it to you but they worry about you.”

 

“Everyone sees it?” AJ slumped down into the chair and admitted that he had to do something.

 

“How do I find her?” AJ said quietly and waited for Marcus to respond.