- Text Size +

Brooke woke up and went down to the kitchen to make some breakfast. She laughed out loud when she saw the AJ and Alissa had fallen asleep in the lounger out by the pool. She had to admit that AJ had been great with her cousin the last few days, and even if she wouldn’t say it to him, she realized that he truly did care about Alissa.

 

Brooke finished brewing the coffee and took two mugs out to the lovebirds. 

 

“Hey lazybones!” Brooke said kicking AJ’s shoe with her foot. “Time to get up!”

 

AJ and Alissa woke up with such a start that they bumped heads.

 

“Ow!” Alissa yelped.

 

“Damn girl, your head’s hard!” AJ yelled.

 

Alissa started laughing and AJ thought it was the best sound he’d ever heard. He smiled at Alissa and leaned down so they were forehead to forehead.

 

“I think your cousin would like us to vacate her lounger now.” AJ teased.

 

“What time is it?” Alissa asked Brooke.

 

“It’s 7.”

 

“7! Why did you wake us up?” Alissa yelled crawling back into the lounger.

 

“Uh-uh.” Brooke said. “If you want to get some more sleep, get your butt up and go sleep in your own bed. Some of us want to sit out here and enjoy the day.”

 

“Fine, fine.” Alissa grouched. She got up, stretched and decided she would go back to bed and see if she could get a few more hours of sleep. She turned to AJ and smiled.

 

“You should probably go home and change. Aren’t you supposed to meet the guys for a meeting with your label?”

 

“Shit!” AJ jumped up. “I have to be there in a half an hour.” He ran up to Alissa, kissed her on the cheek, told her that he would be back in a few hours and ran around to the driveway. A few moments later, she heard his truck start and leave.

 

“Sooooooo…….” Brooke winked at her cousin. “Is someone getting a little interested?”

 

Alissa threw a pillow at her. “I don’t know.” She laughed. “We’ve only spent a few days together.”

 

Brooke laughed. “Well, you already slept together!” Brooke yelled and ran into the house as another pillow passed by her head.

 

Alissa just shook her head and started back to her room. She crawled into bed without changing and laid her head down on the pillow. Her last thought before she drifted back to sleep was that she missed AJ being there.