- Text Size +

Brooke and Lucas started getting things together as soon as AJ and her cousin left.

 

“I want this night to be perfect for them.” Brooke said arranging the furniture in the living room. She pushed the chairs out of the way and set up a little table with the flowers and candles AJ had sent over. 

 

“Are you going to light those now?” Lucas asked nervously.

 

“No you idiot.” Brooke laughed. “AJ can do that when he brings Alissa home. Let me just set up the food and then we can go. Do you mind staying at the hotel tonight? I want them to have some time to themselves.”

 

Lucas pulled Brooke into a hug. “Not at all. It’ll be nice for us to have some time to ourselves too.” He smiled and kissed her.

---------------------- 

Alissa and AJ headed down to the beach and spent a few hours just walking and talking. They had stopped to take off their shoes and roll their pants up so they could get a little closer to the water.

 

“It’s so beautiful out here today. The weather is perfect and I get to spend some time with you.” Alissa said as she reached for AJ’s hand.

 

AJ took her hand, pulled her close and wrapped his arm around her waist. “We finally get to do something just the two of us.” He kissed her on the top of her head. “Feel like having dinner with me tonight?”

 

“Hmmmm.” Alissa thought out loud. “I might be able to squeeze you into my busy schedule.” She laughed, pulling out of AJ’s embrace and took off running down the beach.

 

“Get back here!” AJ laughed and took off after her. He caught up to her and swooped her up in his arms.  He brought her to the water’s edge and waded in a few steps. “I hope you plan on saying yes because otherwise, I’m going to drop you right here.” He lowered her a little so she could feel the spray of the water.

 

Alissa started to laugh and wiggle out of his arms. When he tightened his hold, she giggled and told him that she would accept the dinner invitation.

 

“Good.” AJ said and put her down. He backed up a little and bent down to grab some water to splash on her but Alissa was too fast for him. She caught him off guard and pushed him so that he fell into the water.

 

AJ just stared at her as she laughed and ran back to the water’s edge. She was so beautiful! If getting himself soaked brought that much happiness out of her, he would gladly sit there all day. He loved seeing her happy.

 

Alissa watched him sitting there on his ass, dripping water from head to toe.

 

“That’s a nice look on you Mr. McLean! Maybe you should try it more often.”

 

 She started to laugh again but suddenly noticed that AJ looked like he was in pain. She ran over to him and started to apologize for pushing him down. All of a sudden, he jumped up knocking her into the water and then fell in next to her.

 

“I hate you!” she screeched. “That’s so not fair. I thought that I hurt you!”

 

AJ was laughing too hard to talk.

 

“You’re a jerk! Maybe I won’t have dinner with you!” Alissa yelled with a smile on her face.

 

AJ got his laughing under control and turned to face her.  “Can’t back out now!” he said standing up and reaching out a hand to help her get up. “Let’s go slow poke.”

 

Alissa reached out for his hand and he helped pull her out of the water. Wrapping an arm around her waist, he told her that they were going to have to go by his place before dinner so he could change.