- Text Size +

Everyone was exhausted by the time they reached the house. Brooke and Lucas headed right up to bed and left AJ and Alissa in the living room.

 

“You probably have to head back to your house huh?” Alissa asked.

 

“Actually, I do.” AJ replied.

 

Alissa looked down knowing she would miss AJ being around tonight.

 

AJ noticed the look on her face. He walked over, put his finger under her chin and raised her face up so that he could look her in the eye.

 

“You know, you really need to wait for me to finish. I do have to head back but only because I want to be alone with you. I was hoping that you could grab some stuff and come with me.”

 

Alissa smiled and kissed him. “Give me five minutes.” and she raced up the stairs.

 

 -------------------

Alissa realized as they pulled in that she had never been to AJ’s home. She got a little nervous not knowing how it would feel being in some place that was strange to her.

 

AJ came around to open her door and carried her bag into the house. He dropped it in the hallway and gave Alissa a quick tour.

 

“Like it?” he asked heading back into the hallway to get her bag.

 

“It’s terrific. I love the pool in the back. I’ve always wanted one.”

 

AJ grinned. “Let me take you upstairs and finish the tour.”

 

He led her upstairs and showed her the office, the guest room and then his room. 

 

She was surprised by his room. She wasn’t exactly sure what she expected but this wasn’t it. It was done in all blue and white with a slider that led out onto a balcony looking over the backyard and down to the ocean that seemed like it was only a few feet from his house.

 

She walked over, opened the door and stepped out onto the balcony. AJ followed, standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. He leaned in, kissed her neck and asked if she like the view.

 

“It’s beautiful! I don’t know how anyone couldn’t like it.”

 

“I don’t usually give it much thought, but I definitely like the view tonight!”

Alissa elbowed him in the stomach.

 

“Hey! I’m just saying that this view is perfect.”

 

She turned around, kissed him and walked back into the room.

 

All AJ could think of as he followed her in was that the view was about to get much better.