- Text Size +

A few hours later, they were lying on the floor in front of the fire place when AJ reached his hand under the couch and pulled out two boxes.

 

“What are these for?” Alissa asked.

 

“You.” he smiled. “Open this one first.” he said handing her the larger of the two.

 

She opened it up to find a key with a blue ribbon in it.

 

“It’s the key to my house. We spend all our time together and I thought we should make it official and move in together. What do you say?”

 

Alissa stared at it for a moment and smiled. “Can I move in when we get back?”

 

“Wow, you don’t waste any time.” he said running his hand through her hair. “Absolutely, as soon as we get back. I’ll call Brooke and ask her to get some boxes.”

 

He handed her the second box which was a little smaller.

 

“Another one?”

 

AJ smiled and watched Alissa open the gift. Inside the box lay a gold necklace. It was two overlapping hearts connected by a diamond band. It had both their birthstones in it, aquamarine for her and garnet for him.

 

“Oh my god AJ! It’s beautiful!” Alissa cried.

 

“Not as beautiful as you Liss.” AJ whispered.” I know we’re going on tour soon but I wanted you to have something that represented us. We’re always going to be together even when we’re not in the same physical space. I want you to see this every day and know I’m with you.” He leaned in and kissed her.

 

Alissa kissed him back, pushing him back onto the floor. The conversation was over for the rest of the night.