- Text Size +

“No, no, no!!” screamed Alissa as she jerked awake after the 3rd nightmare in an hour. She looked around the room and realized that she was still in her hospital room. It had been two days and she just wanted to go home, home to Boston, home to her life before the last 5 years.

 

As she was calming down, Brooke came in from the hallway with a bunch of flowers. Seeing the look on her cousin’s face, she panicked, dropped the vase and ran over to her side.

 

“What happened? Are you ok? What’s the matter?”

 

“I had another nightmare. I really want to go home now!” Alissa cried.

“The doctor said you can go home later today as long as all the x-rays and tests came back fine. Has he been in yet?

 

“No, not yet. And Brooke, I don’t mean my home or your home. I mean home in Boston. I want to leave as soon as I can.”

 

Brooke sighed. “We’ve already been through this hon. You cannot go anywhere by yourself and you certainly can’t stay by yourself. Doctor’s orders, nothing I can do. You’re going to come and stay with me for a little while.”

 

“No, I want to go home. I can fend just find for myself and I DO NOT want to stay here! After everything that’s happened, I just want a break. I want to go someplace that feels safe.” Alissa started to tear up again.

 

“My house is safe and you don’t need a new start. Remember, that’s what you came out here for in the first place!”

 

Alissa smiled and said “And look how well that turned out!” Both girls started to laugh as the doctor walked in smiling.

 

“Well it looks like you’re in better spirits. I might be able to help by saying you are free to go home as soon as we fill out the paperwork. Everything came back fine and you are starting to heal up nicely. Good news?” said the doctor.

 

“Yes!” cried Brooke and Alissa in unison. 

 

The doctor smiled. “Let’s get the paperwork started and get you on your way. Just to make sure. You are staying at your cousin’s house right? We can’t release you unless you have somewhere to go.”

 

Alissa sighed. “Apparently I don’t have a choice in the matter so I guess the answer is yes.”

 

“Great, we’ll get things rolling and have you out of here in an hour.”