- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here is an extra chapter for today since i boo booed yesterday.

Three days had passed. Brian and Emersen had been granted temporary supervised visitation between the hours of nine AM and nine PM.  They had taken full advantage of their time allowed together.  They were both lucky that Emersen’s foster mother was also a court certified visitation supervisor.

Their first day they stuck around Emersen’s foster home. Connie had been great at helping them break the ice. Her questions to each of them helped a conversation start that allowed both of them to get to know each other better.

The second day Connie had agreed to let them spend time at a nearby park. It was a lovely day so she took a long a book and read as they spent time walking around, swinging and talking more.

Finally today, thanks to a Mr. Lowell requesting a speedy trial they stood waiting to go into a court room. Brian had refused to speak to his band mates. He had spoken to his girlfriend at night but didn’t dare mention his daughter. He wasn’t ready. He had however told management about her and his current situation. They had simply released a statement on his behalf saying he needed a few days to deal with some minor family issues.

The prosecutor had instructed Emersen to stand away from Brian until it was time for their case to be heard. She didn’t want her mother’s lawyers to see that they had gotten so close.

Even with that instruction their eyes locked from across the hall. Neither of them could help it. Brian couldn’t comprehend it but his love for her had grown more quickly than anything he had ever experienced. Emersen, because of her past was reserved but something deep within her that she could not explain enabled her to be trusting of him. There was an indescribable, unimaginable comfort between them.

Soon it was time for their case to be heard. Brian and his lawyer sat at a table with the prosecutor while Emersen was instructed to sit off to the side.

Her breath caught in her lungs and she became extremely uncomfortable and scared as Tyler and her mother were brought into the court room wearing jumpsuits and hand cuffs.

At first her mother’s eyes locked on her. It sent a chill racing down her spine. Her mother’s eyes then traveled to Brian. She looked shocked to see him.

As the proceedings began each side took their turn explaining to the judge why their client should be awarded custody. Then it was time to put people on the stand an interview them.

Emersen’s mother went first. She denied hurting Emersen in anyway and shed obviously fake tears as she claimed to miss her so much. She lied saying Brian knew about their child and refused to have any part of her life because his career was more important to him.

Brian got to go next. He stuck to his guns that he had no idea about Emersen. He explained that he already loved her so much and expressed his deep desire to not only be in her life but rescue her from the obvious abuse she had sustained.

Next Emersen was called. Her body shook as she told about her life of abuse. The defense did their best to rip apart her story. She tried not to cry on the stand but it was so hard. She also got the chance to speak directly to the judge and tell him how she hoped he would find Brian to be the best choice for her. She added to her statement asking that he please keep her mother away from her.

When she stepped down the judge called for a quick recess to allow her to collect herself. After that both Detective Nick and Kathy were called and asked to tell their side of the stories. They stated they believed Brian really had no idea about his child and agreed he was the far better choice for her.

A physiologist that had questioned Emersen a day before meeting Brian was then called. She told the judge how obvious it was that Emersen had been tortured. She said Emersen was very broken and lived in fear of many things. She explained it would take year for Emersen to recover and explained even then the scars would stick to her forever.

Lastly Tyler was called. He had been called by the defense. He had stated up till this point that he would defend Tonya. Emersen feared the judge would believe his statement over hers because he was an adult. His statements however shocked the entire court room. He admitted to raping Emersen and expressed how deeply sorry he was. He told how he witness Tonya beat Emersen on multiple occasions. He told the judge that Emersen would never be safe if the judge didn’t order Tonya as far away from her as possible. He did however stick to confessing his love for Tonya.

As the judge called for another recess to review his notes Detective Kathy walked up to Emersen, “You did great.”

She nodded, “I just hope everything goes how I want it.”

“I’ve been surprised before but I can’t imagine that judge allowing your mother any near you after Tyler jumped sides and said what he did.” Kathy smiled at her in hopes it would bring up her level of hope.

Emersen only nodded and looked to Brian who was still far away from her.

“She looks so broken.” Brian commented to his lawyer.

“She won’t be once you gain custody and get her some help.” He sounded fully confident.

As Brian saw Emersen look at him he couldn’t help but smile. Inside his heart was smashed to pieces for her but he couldn’t and wouldn’t let her see that. He needed to be strong for her.

Brian also was battling with feelings of fear. He worried deeply about how all of this was going to impact his life. He didn’t much care what the fans thought but he did care, maybe too much, about what his family and friends would think. He tried to hold strong to Kevin’s words but it was difficult.

Finally the judge entered the room again and it became silent and at attention. Brian, his team, Emersen, Tonya and her team were asked to stand.

“After hearing the testimony of everyone today and review the evidence I find myself with only one option. I must say, I am completely disgusted by your actions Ms. Derringer. You should be ashamed of yourself. Mr. Littrell, I applaud you for being so quick to step in and your eagerness to care for the minor child. For someone in your shoes I’m sure it isn’t.” He paused the finished. “With that being said I find my only choice is to award full custody to Brian Littrell. I am also placing an indefinite restraining order against Ms. Derringer.” He turned to her and kept talking, “For the remainder of your daughter’s life you are not to come within 100 yards of her.”

He then slammed his gavel down and said, “Court adjourned.”

Chapter End Notes:

So now the big question is... What will the boys think and how will Emersen feel meeting them?