- Text Size +

Emersen was so excited to being riding in a limo. Her excitement however grew more and more clouded as they ride went on. Her palms were sweating and her breath was a bit heavy.

“Still scared huh?” Brian suddenly asked.

“Yeah, I’m sorry.” She looked down at her hands. She wanted so badly to be carefree and open to all the new things happening to her, but she couldn’t. She was too afraid.

“Hey, you don’t have to apologize. It’s ok if you’re scared.” The more time he spent with her the more he saw exactly how broken she really was.

“Thanks,” Her eyes slowly traveled up from her hands and made eye contact with him. She was still uncomfortable around him but her trust in him was growing. “You’ll stay with me as long as you can right?” She added.  She needed him because he was the one person in her world now that she could trust… even if it was only a little.

“Yes, of course.” He smiled.

She just smiled back.

As they approached the venue Brian turned to her, “Now, we’re headed to the venue. The guys are waiting to do sound check with me. When we get there some fans will be hanging out by the entrance. There may also be some paparazzi. It’ll probably be loud and they’ll be asking a lot of questions but… you just ignore them. Follow close to me and you’ll be ok.” He wanted to prepare her. He knew it would be overwhelming.

“Okay.” She nodded trying not to appear scared.

“My bodyguard will approach the limo and open the door. He’ll escort us inside. Gerald is a big black guy so don’t be frightened.” He added as they pulled into the parking lot.

“What about my stuff?” She asked.

“The limo driver is gonna take it to the hotel and one of the assistance will put it in my room.”

“Oh.” She replied and let her eyes looked out the window. She saw all the things Brian had told her about.

“Let’s go.” Brian said as the door was pulled open. He got out and waved to a few people.

Emersen got out and quickly found herself in a bit of shock.

“Keep walking sweetie.” Gerald instructed.

She glanced at him then followed quickly behind Brian. Around her fan’s screamed his name and people took pictures. A few guys shouted asking who she was. She just focused on the back of Brian’s head and followed him into the building.

As the door closed the noise dulled.

A few staff members acknowledged Brian as Gerald led them down a series of hallways.

“Are you ready?” Brian asked her as he walked.

“I guess.” She forced a half smile. Really, inside she was a train wreck. Being around men currently made her very uncomfortable and here she was getting ready to meet a whole group of them.

It was too late to change her mind however. The time was here. Just inside the door now in front of her was the men she was supposed to meet. Brian gently patted her shoulder and opened the door.

The room had been full of chatter but it was suddenly quieted by her presence.

“My God Rok, she looks just like you.” She knew the man speaking had to be AJ. The tattoos covering his arms and neck gave it away.

His words struck her. She hadn’t even taken the time to notice. He was right though. She did look like him. It made her smile.

“Thanks.” She heard Brian say. She looked in time to seem him smile also.

“You must Emersen.” A tall man with green eyes approached her.

She took a step back and nodded, “I am.”

“Emersen, this is my cousin Kevin.” Brian explained.

“It’s nice to meet you. This is my son Daniel.” He offered her a smile.

“Danny.” He quickly corrected.

“It’s nice to meet both of you.” Her voice was soft and shy.

“Uh, this is Howie.” Brian pointed toward him.

“Good to meet you.” He nodded.

“I’m max.” A young boy next to him said as he pointed to himself.

“Hello.” She nodded.

“AJ, I’m sure you spotted quickly.” Brian kept going.

Emersen nodded as AJ waved a bit.

“That’s Andrew.” Brian pointed to a taller boy with dark hair.

As she looked at him she couldn’t help but smile.

He smiled back. He found her simply beautiful.

Not even noticing Brian went on, “Lastly is my best buddy, Nick.”

“Hey there.” He smiled. “These are my twins, Jacob and Justin”

“Jake.” One of the identical figures insisted.

She looked between the two trying to tell them apart.

“I have mole on my left ear.” The other spoke and pointed to it. He had seen that look enough to know what she was doing.

“Oh, thanks.” She nodded.

An awkward silent moment passed. It was broken by a short man wearing a black baseball cap. He entered the room quickly, “Backstreet, sound check.”

The adults started following him out of the room.

Emersen turned to Brian. She looked rather concerned.

“I’ll be back. You’re gonna stay here ok?” He asked her.

She didn’t like the idea but how was she supposed to say no.

“Gerald is gonna be right outside the door.” He assured her as the man appeared again.

“Brian, let’s go.” He insisted.

“If you need me just tell Gerald.” Brian smiled hoping it would make her feel better then left.

He hated having to leave her so quickly. He knew she was scared but he had to work. Everything had already been put on hold for him. It couldn’t wait anymore.

Emersen just watched the door close. She instantly felt uncomfortable. She couldn’t help it. She was alone with five strange teenage boys.

She knew however she had to get used to this. It was going to be part of her life now. So she took a deep breath as if to sum up courage and turned to face the boys.