- Text Size +

It was a sunny day in the busy town of Las Angeles. The sun made it unusually warm for this time of year. Despite the beautiful day outside a dance studio in the town was booming with music. Inside were the five backstreet boys.

“Alright guys, let’s run that last number once more. Make it good. This is our last rehearsal.” A chorographer shouted.

Music filled the air and the boys sprang in to action. As sweat cover their faces and bodies they danced as they had been taught. They didn’t even bother singing along to the song. They were much too tired to care. Finally when the music ended their dance instructor clapped, “Do it just like that on tour and you’ll be great.”

The boys smiled. Partially they were glad they had gotten it perfect. The other part of them however was just glad rehearsal was over. It meant they could get out of here and rest before kicking off tour. They were pumped and ready as ever to get on the road though.

“You guys are free to go!” He yelled.

“Yes!” Howie softly cheered. He needed a drink; they all did.

Walking over to a small table they grabbed their water bottles and quenched their thirst.

“Yo Rok,” Nick paused to take a breath. “You still come over to watch the game tonight?”

Brian nodded but looked a little spaced out. They only had the rest of today and all day tomorrow before they had to leave for tour. He knew his girlfriend would want to spend as much time with him as possible. “Nick, I want to but Jennifer…”

Alex cut him off, “Has Bri Bri on short leash.” He and a few others laughed.

“No, I’m not on any leash. I was gonna say that she’s gonna wanna spend time with me.”

Nick seemed to pout a little but suddenly his face lit up, “Bring her too. She likes Sports. The boys are at Erica’s till tomorrow night so it would just be us adults.”

“You really wanna be the third wheel?” Kevin butted in wiping a towel over his forehead.

“I’m sure I can drum up a girl.” He said looking to Brian.

“Ya know, actually there’s some girl Jenny keeps wanting you to meet. She’s been going on and on about how perfect you two would be together. Maybe I could get Jenny to invite her along and it could be like a double date?” Brian knew Nick had really been looking forward to watching this game with him.

“Alright, I guess that’s cool.” Nick nodded.

Howie butted in, “See ya at the airport Sunday. If I don’t get home before Max he’ll be sitting outside waiting.” He slung a duffle bag onto his shoulder.

“Why don’t you just hide a key? He couldn’t forget it if it was outside.” Kevin suggested.

“My luck he’d forget where I hid it.” The guys laughed a little and Howie waved goodbye. “Later!” They told him goodbye and he left.

The rest of them exchanged a little more conversation before Kevin and Alex left also.

Brian and Nick walked together outside. “So what time should we be there?” Brian asked.

“What about 6:30. I can order some pizza.” Brian nodded,

“Sound’s great.”

“What’s this chick’s name anyhow?” Nick wondered.

“Uh…Shayla?” He questioned trying to remember. “No, no, Sara.”

“Sara? Isn’t that a little old fashion?” Nick’s nose wrinkled a bit.

“I dunno, Jenny swears she’s perfect for you though so don’t worry.” Brian tried to reassure him.

Nick nodded. He knew he could trust Brian. His girlfriend however was a different story.

Brian simply smiled, patted his shoulder and walked away to his car. The drive home was nice and quiet. He liked quiet drives. The fact it was nice outside added to the pleasure. Upon pulling into his driveway he found himself confused. His girlfriend’s car was there. He had given her a key for emergencies but she never used it. Plus she was supposed to be at work.

He parked his car next to hers and grabbed his duffle bag from the seat next to him. He got out and walked towards the front door. After unlocking it he stepped inside and called out to her, “Jenny?”

“Bri!” she rushed towards the entryway.

He let his bag drop to the floor and wrapped his arms around her waist as she reached him. “I thought you were working.” He smiled and then gave her a quick kiss.

“I got to leave early. I couldn’t wait to spend our last few hours together.” She pulled away from his hug finally.

He just smiled at her. She really was wonderful. Of course, his smile dropped remembering he had to ask her about going to Nick’s. He feared she wouldn’t want to go.

“What’s wrong babe?” She placed a hand on his neck.

“I, well Nick and I, wanna watch the game tonight and well, I was hoping we could make it a double date if you don’t mind.”

“Double? With who?” She asked knowing that Nick was very single.

Brian couldn’t read her face to see if she seemed mad or not. “Actually, Nick agreed to let you set him up with that Sarah girl.” He smiled.

“Really?” She instantly looked excited.

Brian nodded and Jennifer’s arms came around him again.

“This is great! He’ll love her I’m sure of it. I’ll call her now.” Before Brian could respond she practically ran away from him to get her phone.

He just shook his head, picked up his bag and headed upstairs. Jennifer called Sarah who was very excited and jumped at the chance to meet Nick. The two made arrangements for she and Brian to pick her up.

After that Jennifer hurried to give Brian the good news. Jennifer then spent the next little while helping Brian pack until it was time for him to get ready to go to Nick’s. Both of them hoped things between Nick and Sarah would go great.