- Text Size +

Later, that same day Brian sat in his room making phone calls. He had gotten management started on finding a body guard for Emmie and had found a tutor for her. He was just about to start looking for a counselor when his phone rang.

It was Jennifer calling.

“Hello?” Brian answered. He didn’t know if her calling so soon was a good thing or not.

“Hey Brian.” Her voice was soft.

He took note of the fact she hadn’t call him baby or any other pet name.

“Jenny, hey!” He tried to sound chipper even though he was nervous.

She cut right to reason of her call, “Do you want me to continue to be a part of your life?”

He looked over at Emersen who had drifted off to sleep. “Yes, I do Jenny but…” He paused, “my life isn’t the only one that counts anymore.”

“I understand.” She replied.

“I know everything has gotten really complicated.” He sat up and hung his legs over the side of the bed.

“I don’t mind her being in your life. I don’t mind having to share you. I just need to know if you mind; if you can handle it.”

Brian nodded, “Of course I can. Don’t get me wrong, all of this is a lot to get used to but, I can handle it. Besides, I think having a female around could be helpful.”

He could hear her take a deep breath then ask, “What if she doesn’t like me? You can’t kick her to the curb like you can me.”

“Jennifer, baby…” He stood and walked away from Emersen. “She’s been through a lot. She needs people in her life that she can trust. I happen to know that you are very trust worthy. You are sweet and sensitive. You are kind and… amazing. I can’t see anything that she wouldn’t fall in love with.”

Brian was really starting to fall in love with Jennifer and he wasn’t about to lose her.

“I hope your right.” She didn’t sound so convinced.

“Listen, why don’t you just meet her for yourself before you get yourself too upset?” Brian turned again to look at his daughter. He couldn’t help it. She was quickly becoming a bright light in his life.

“You’re right. Maybe she and I will hit it off and be good friends.”

“Yeah, see you just have to look on the bright side.” Brian smiled. The nervousness had faded and everything was really starting to look up.

Jennifer was still nervous but Brian was her world and she wasn’t about to let anything take him away from her, even if it was an added complication of him having a child.

“It’s too bad I’ll have to wait till after your tour is over to meet her.”

Brian quickly replied, “Who said you have to wait? Take some vacation time and come out on tour with me.”

“Yeah?” She questioned. “I mean, I did have plans of coming to see visit you anyway.”

“Yes, it would be great. I’d get to see you. You’d get to know Emmie and best of all you could help me understand some female things.”

She laughed. “Alright babe, I’ll call work and start working on arrangements. I’ll call you back when I know my plans.”

“Thank you Jenny, I can’t wait to see you.”

 

Meanwhile, Nick was still sitting down by the pool. Kevin had gone up to take a nap and Howie had ran to a nearby store to stock up on snack for the trip.

He watched from a distance as the boys continued to swim.

As he phone began to vibrate in his pocket he pulled it out. Sara was texting him.

“Hope you’re having a good day.” She had texted.

He smiled, she was rather sweet.

He had started to text back when he got a brilliant idea. He smiled a bit evil and hit the call button.

It rang only twice before she picked it up. “Hey you.”

“Hey, I’ve got some time on my hands so I decided to call.” They hadn’t shared any phone calls since the night before tour.

“I thought about calling but feared you might be busy.”

“Never too busy for you.” He grinned.

“You are so sweet Nick. I’m so glad Jenny introduced us.” She grinned big though he couldn’t see.

“Me too, I really like you Sara. I just wish we could spend more time together.” He turned so his boys wouldn’t see him and start cracking jokes about his being on the phone with her.

“Yeah, Jenny warned me about how you guys are always jet setting all over and never home for very long.” Sara replied.

“It’s one of the down falls of my life. It’s not really for everyone. In fact it’s the main reason the boys mom and I aren’t together anymore.” He wanted to be completely honest with her.

“Yeah, I can’t lie, the thought of having to share you with the rest of the world isn’t exactly exciting.” She paused then very quickly added, “If we were dating of course.”

“Sara, be honest, do you think it’s something you could handle?” He needed to know before going much further.

“I can’t say completely for sure. I mean, I’ve never been in a relationship with a famous person before. I think I could though. Just so long as you remembered me even when I wasn’t physically with you.”

He smiled, “Sara?”

“Yeah Nick?”

He took a deep breath, “Would you like to be my girlfriend? Make things official, ya know?”

“Nick, I…” She paused. “I’d love to but…”

His heart sunk, “but?”

“But… I think we need to talk, in person before… before you make a commitment to be with me. I don’t do casual dating.” She sounded rather serious.

“Neither do I, I mean I have my boys to think about.” Nick quickly replied.

“I understand, that’s why we need to talk face to face.” She sounded sweet yet a little scared.

“Ok, I don’t wait till tour is over though. I like you now.” He pouted a little like a small child.

“Well, I don’t think your people would like you leaving tour just to come talk to me.”